Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pirate Orks coming to Dawn of War II

Ryuken

Liturgist
<strong>[ Announcement ]</strong>

<p>Relic has been teasing something new for their sci-fi RTS <strong>Dawn of War II</strong> and it looks to involve Orks of the piratey kind. </p><p>Earlier this week they posted an <a href="http://dl.dropbox.com/u/391503/kbluddflagg1.jpg" title="A thing that is about to go KABOOM!">image showing a lighted fuse</a>. A few days after that the full picture was posted, this time <a href="http://dl.dropbox.com/u/391503/kbluddflagg2.jpg" title="A Warboss needs to cosplay too sometimes.">showing more of Kaptain Bluddflagg and his Pirate Orks</a>. Is this a sign of the Ork campaign that has been rumoured for so long or are Relic showing a "scary" new foe for yet another Blood Raven Space Marines campaign? The first expansion pack, Chaos Rising, did have an open ending with a score left unsettled for the Blood Ravens chapter.</p><p>GamesCom will probably give us more answers this coming week, certain sites have already <a href="http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=252015" title="Retribution for who? Blood Ravens, Orks, Chaos, Skaggs?">listed (and quickly removed) a mention</a> of <strong>Warhammer 40.000: Dawn of War II: Retribution</strong> for PC.</p><p>Spotted @ <a href="http://forums.relicnews.com/">Relic Forums</a></p>

I'm hoping this will turn out to be a good Ork campaign. Space Marines are good and all, but after playing as the Bluud Ravens for so long, it'd be nice to have a bit of fun with Orks.

ricolikesrice

Arcane
if i had to make an educated guess this is gonna be the Tales of Valor (2nd COH expansion, avoid at all costs) for DOW2.

an ork campaign was supposed to ship with the original DOW2 until they later scratched it and planned it for DLC ,along with an eldar DLC campaign, but neither ever came out as DOW2 wasnt that succesfull commercially (not a total failure either but didnt sell as good as DOW1 did ).

i could imagine the relic of nowadays now picking up the scraps of these unfinished campaigns and releasing some addon similar to Tales of Valor in
that you wont get a new race (too much effort) but a bunch of mini-campaigns and game-modes instead.

seeing how much flak TOV got the campaigns probably wont be THAT short (60-90 minutes ^^) but color me impressed if its more than 8 hours in total.

why ? its precious little work for relic, considering those planned-for-DLC campaigns were already in the work so they just had to finish them .. and even with DoW2s small fanbase little work sold for addon price = profit.

that being said i hope i m dead wrong and this is Dark Crusade 2, i.e. an expansion actually worth its money, full of content and fun to play. oh and i wanna win the lottery tomorrow while i m at it.

ricolikesrice said:
That being said, I hope I'm dead wrong and this is Dark Crusade 2, i.e. an expansion actually worth its money, full of content and fun to play.

Yes please, many times over. :love:

Ryuken

Liturgist
My guess: continuation of the Blood Ravens campaign and a mini-Ork campaign along with a couple of new units. If the gods are with us then we get IG as a new race as well and a revamped Last Stand mode.

Multi-headed Cow

As much as I bitched about DoW2 I'll probably buy this. Starcraft 2 has shown me there are far more terrible things in the world than knocking phat purple dropz out of the mutant, the xeno, the heretic.

Especially if it has IG as a playable race because hot damn IG was my favorite in DoW1.

grotsnik

Arcane
ricolikesrice said:
That being said, I hope I'm dead wrong and this is Dark Crusade 2, i.e. an expansion actually worth its money, full of content and fun to play.

And, like Dark Crusade, an expansion that's willing to show a little ambition and try out an entirely new direction.

...yeah, I do doubt it, sadly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom