Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pioneers of Pagonia - city builder from original Settlers creator - now available on Early Access

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://pioneersofpagonia.com

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2155180/view/3683417589218903049

Pioneers of Pagonia Announced
First Details About the Brand New City Builder, Launching in Early Access on Steam by the End of 2023

Today, award-winning German indie studio Envision Entertainment is announcing Pioneers of Pagonia, a vibrant city builder coming to PC. Developed under the creative direction of Volker Wertich, the original creator of the famous The Settlers series — which sold more than 10 million copies worldwide — Pioneers of Pagonia will launch into Early Access for PC by the End of 2023, and can now be wishlisted on Steam.

Pioneers of Pagonia is the ultimate simulation title, a return to classic city building gameplay where players will discover and explore the fabled islands of Pagonia and forge alliances with its many inhabitants. With over 40 different building types and over 70 different goods and dispersed production chains available in Early Access, players can get creative in building their own unique economy. Watch it come to life through stunning animations for all goods transports, production processes, and discoveries of the population. Thanks to the procedurally generated maps, countless variations are possible for a unique game experience every time.

Exploration of the islands also plays a significant role in Pioneers of Pagonia; you can discover lost treasures, underground resources, fertile lands, and hidden places. Although you’ll have to be careful, as not all inhabitants of these beautiful islands are peaceful. A co-op mode is also being planned, so players can explore and develop the islands of Pagonia together.

“With Pioneers of Pagonia, we’re returning to the origins of city building simulation, with thousands of inhabitants scurrying around and a focus on the in-depth simulation of the game world and economy that the community loves so much,” said Volker Wertich, Creative Director at Envision Entertainment.

The development of Pioneers of Pagonia was financially supported by the German games fund grant by the Federal Ministry of Economics and Climate Protection.

To stay up to date on Pioneers of Pagonia, be sure to follow on Facebook, join Discord or visit the official website.

Last edited:

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
There is nothing to see on that store page, except concept art, am I seeing that right?

Serious question: Why are you posting this?

EDIT: I mean it, I clicked the topic, because in general that looked interesting. Why link something you do not have any idea how it turns out? You can find concepts of games all over the Internet, what makes this one worthwhile?

EDIT²: that happens often to Infinitron eh? I was seriously inquiring on what warranted a post on this.

Last edited:

Data4

Arcane
If that teaser is supposed to represent a concept of the gameplay, I'm betting they're going for something like Foundation. Pretty much a wild ass guess without any other details, though.

Victor1234

Educated
I know there's not much, but from the screens it reminds me more of Knights & Merchants than anything in the Settlers series.

Build over 40 different buildings, use more than 70 different types of goods, manage widely branched production chains

Why? Less is more sometimes. I hate when games add extra goods just because. Who needs 70 types of goods?

58c186896b54a436368b4567-1.jpg

All you need are sheep and strong arms and you'll have clothes in no time.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
I was seriously inquiring on what warranted a post on this.
Jewish innate desire to promote miscegenation, trannies, ugly art, dumb gameplay, destruction of West and overall bad video games. Also your country, your wage, your safety, your food, your living standards and your ass being raped by infinite millions of feral Niggers imported from Africa. I used to be kidding, not anymore. Infinitron will destroy this forum, Jews will destroy Humanity. Unless STOPPED. This forum needs better Custodian, who'll be motivated to promote Incline through being paid from many pop-up commercials for shitty AAA and mobile woke modern video games my display gets crowded with every time I logIn RPGCodex.net

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

We are beyond excited to share the first in-game trailer of our city builder Pioneers of Pagonia with you! Let us know in the comments which part you are most excited about!

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Ohh it's german. While I still have not gotten an answer what this game makes so special, even though there is *still* nothing to see you can expect it to have a lot of Woke elements, just saying.

It is subsidized by the german government.

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron
I know there's not much, but from the screens it reminds me more of Knights & Merchants than anything in the Settlers series.

Build over 40 different buildings, use more than 70 different types of goods, manage widely branched production chains

Why? Less is more sometimes. I hate when games add extra goods just because. Who needs 70 types of goods?

What game is that?

Hakaishin

Novice

What game is that?
Imperialism

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The game fails a bit at telling me why I should play it instead of the 25 Settlers games and the many copycats.

To me, this seems to be one of those genres that are both tiny (in audience) and completely overcrowded (in offerings).

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The game fails a bit at telling me why I should play it instead of the 25 Settlers games and the many copycats.

To me, this seems to be one of those genres that are both tiny (in audience) and completely overcrowded (in offerings).
To me, as part of the audience that buys most of these games and enjoys them, the stuff we've seen so far says absolutely nothing.

I have no clue what kind of settlement builder this would be. I've played many, but which one is this closest to? Original Settlers? Banished? Foundation?
Who the fuck knows, the reveal trailer is just footage of settlers doing their jobs, but that's something all of these games have in common.

Gerrard

Arcane
I will check it out but I expect nothing.

I played it for a few hours on the first map, seems to be a competent clone from a glance, but as I expected doesn't seem to stand out with anything. There's no time speed control which is an immediate issue, and the performance is rough, somehow it turns my 1060 into a furnace while running at 20-30FPS. I imagine the fact that the buildings are fully modelled including interiors may have something to do with this issue.

Last edited:

Denim Destroyer

Learned
To say the demo is technically rough is an understatement. My entire desktop environment crashed after I tried placing a building, my first building in fact. Not even going to bother trying again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom