Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pillars of Eternity Thread [Pre-Expansion]

ArchAngel

Arcane
So has anyone found any hidden areas or items so far? Things like ring of wizardry or anheg armor from BG1 or Kangaxx or Twisted Rune from BG2?

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
there are rings of wizardry though (found 2 of them so far) which give bonus spells, found a ring that does the same for clerics too

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
I've crafted the blade and no fee was taken?
For fuck's sake, there is no real money sink in this game.

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
I've crafted the blade and no fee was taken?
For fuck's sake, there is no real money sink in this game.

The blacksmith did it so he could include it in his professional portfolio. No fees for interns!

At the same time a bunch of wizards nearby tried to scribe some scrolls into their grimoires, using the most successful way to do it:
shower.gif

The game has money sinks, just some of them are retarded or/and in wrong places.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
When battling Lord Raedric the second time, all my party was wiped except Aeder the tank.
And then Raedric committed suicide by hurling fireballs at him and his fellow 4 fampyrs.
This proof of exquisite AI truly makes this game a perfect 10!
:)

Jarakka

Learned
Here's a podcast from Sawyer circa the launch of PoE. Maybe it has been posted on Codex, but after searching I didn't find anything so I'll leave it here anyway.

http://www.incgamers.com/2015/03/pillars-of-eternity-interview-with-josh-sawyer

We also didn’t really have to worry about censoring ourselves in terms of themes or ideas or things we wanted to explore. We were our own regulatory committee. Like, ‘do we want to talk about this?’ or ‘does this seem appropriate?’ It was ours to decide, it didn’t have to go for approval to a third party.

:troll:

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I'm deducting 10% from this game's score due solely to the sheer quantity of rambling, blithering, woo-woo dialog I've had to wade through with Grieving Ellipsis.

Really, Chris...? Are you dropping acid now... while you write... characters, or...?

agris

Arcane
Patron
What's the largest number of spell / ability icons anyone has seen in a single row? I'm considering taking a crack at a reverse-L UI for 1920x1200 screens, and I'd like to nest spells and abilities into the UI art.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
New Feargus interview, confirming that eligible KS backers will get both parts of the upcoming expansion:

http://www.shacknews.com/article/89...ity-its-early-success-and-its-first-expansion

"We've always been planning to do an expansion and the way we're really looking at it is that it needs to be a meaty expansion," Urquhart explained. "It needs to be this old-school expansion, not some DLC that's two or three hours of gameplay. What it looks like we're going to do, because this kind of expansion can take a while, we're going to split the expansion into two parts. It's going to be one full story that will go from part one to part two, but it's going to be two parts and anyone from Kickstarter that contributed will get both parts. They'll get the full expansion, but the best part is that they'll be able to play it early. We should have an announcement coming up soon."

Bleed the Man

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Nice. I was concerned about that.

Me too, seing the "expansion pack 1" in the backer rewards. Really nice.

Funny thing is, if Feargus would have just shut up and said they would be doing 2 expansions instead of all this 2 part expansion thingy, they could have asked backers to pay for that 2nd expansion without any kind of outrage.

Athelas

Arcane
Urquhart fully recognizes that even though the game is out there, there is still work to be done. That includes upcoming patches, with Urquhart noting that 1.05, in particular, set to introduce some quality of life improvements. This includes allowing players to change portraits, balance tweaks
Why, I never.

Shevek

Arcane
If it was small, it would have raised a stink. Just like when BIS released HoW and it was too small, so they had to put out TotL.

Athelas

Arcane
Two 'expansions' for free is great publicity, and great for ensuring the backers come back for future Kickstarters.

:slamdunk:

I hope that free expansions will also be available to those of us that contributed through PayPal, at least while the kickstarter campaign was still running.

Athelas

Arcane
Two 'expansions' for free is great publicity, and great for ensuring the backers come back for future Kickstarters.

:slamdunk:
Its not free. Its if they put in an extra 20 bucks for the expansion.
I meant that the 2nd expansion would be free, or rather that many people will iinterpret it as such. Case in point: the reply above me. It's good marketing.

Sothpaw

Learned
Just wrapping up Bloodborne now so I haven't started PoE, might as well wait for 1.05 at this point I suppose. Seems like a major complaint is that the game gets too easy towards mid game (Divinity and WL2 suffered horribly from this), but I doubt that will be addressed in a balance patch.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The enchantment system is improperly implemented. If an item is at 10/12 enchantment points, and I try to "upgrade" that item from Fine to Exceptional, I get a "max enchantments" message—because the fucking game tries to add the 4 points from Exceptional before subtracting the 2 points from Fine, which would be overwritten anyway in the process.

Hopefully some console command or the IE mod will allow me to remove existing enchantments so that these weapons I have aren't stuck unable to use their last 2 enchantment points forever.

Is it actually possible to overwrite existing enchantments? I remember trying to and not being allowed to because the weapon already had an enchantment of that type.

Bleed the Man

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The enchantment system is improperly implemented. If an item is at 10/12 enchantment points, and I try to "upgrade" that item from Fine to Exceptional, I get a "max enchantments" message—because the fucking game tries to add the 4 points from Exceptional before subtracting the 2 points from Fine, which would be overwritten anyway in the process.

Hopefully some console command or the IE mod will allow me to remove existing enchantments so that these weapons I have aren't stuck unable to use their last 2 enchantment points forever.

Is it actually possible to overwrite existing enchantments? I remember trying to and not being allowed to because the weapon already had an enchantment of that type.

Only the quality enchantments I believe, but the enchantment points will not reset, just stack.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom