Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Pillars of Eternity Presentation at PAX East 2015

Deleted member 7219

I would probably be shocked if there is anyone who doesn't like Eder. He is well voice acted, and he's pretty down to earth. The wizard, Aloth, is pretty damn funny. He's a little bit like Sand fro NWN2 but he has a real problem.

But then again, what do I know? I was convinced everyone would HATE Atton Rand in Kotor 2 because of the voice acting and I was 100% wrong.

Frankly those two characters were the most likeable of the bunch.
And yeah Atton was not that good : part Han Solo, part brooding assassin, with a glimpse of cheeky teenager, he wasn't the most well-defined of characters.

Dark Side Atton was interesting. A terrifying psychopath. Not a "HA HA HA" psycho, but someone well and truly dead inside.

Cosmo

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Dark Side Atton was interesting. A terrifying psychopath. Not a "HA HA HA" psycho, but someone well and truly dead inside.

IMO the problem doesn't lie in one or another of his facets, but rather in the way these are supposed to congeal into one coherent whole...

Last edited:

Copper

Savant
I quite liked the character too for his contradictions, cliché though they may be, although Bao Dur tickled my fancy more. None of the rest really made a huge impression, especially the girls - Blindy has to be the least convincing redeemed Dark Side character ever, and Bounty Hunter chick just came into the party too late.

crawlkill

Kill all boxed game owners. Kill! Kill!
yikes. those party banters are nnnot memorable.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom