Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Pre-Release Thread [BETA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
fucking dropped
looks like I'm grabbing the free version. can't believe I actually pre-ordered PoE1.

To be fair was arcade ganon from fallout new vegas gay? Or veronica lesbian/bi?
Never preorder my friend NEVER...

Sentinel

Arcane
fucking dropped
looks like I'm grabbing the free version. can't believe I actually pre-ordered PoE1.

To be fair was arcade ganon from fallout new vegas gay? Or veronica lesbian/bi?
Never preorder my friend NEVER...
gaynon was indeed gay but you wouldn't ever figure it out unless you ask him about it
dunno about veronica 'cause she was annoying as fuck, I always pop a bullet in her head as soon as I see her & ED-E is the best companion anyway
in this day and age the "lgbt" companion will probably be found tonguing some guy's anus.

Sentinel

Arcane
infinitron once more on damage control
better move the piece of news he knows the codex won't like to the containment thread where no one outside of fanboys will see it.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Read again, he said there would be LGBT companions (PoE1 already had one, Maneha) and potential romances, but didn't say there were LGBT romances. :smug:

Sentinel

Arcane
Since the original tweet is about falling in love with companions, it is completely normal to assume that, when Josh replies "Yes" to the follow up question "will there be LGBT companions", it means said companions will have relationships with the PC/each other.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
I am in no way surprised that people seem to care more about the presence of LGBT romance options than actual gameplay.

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron
God, I hope romances dont attract those fuckin biofag weirdos to this game. Those fags ruin everything they get close to.

jungl

Augur
eder is confirmed trump inspired gay romance. You can say your sick of his racism and what the heck is up with his hair color then eventually fuck his hate literally.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Ew, why would there be romances at all?

Because "companion relationships" was a stretch goal, and potential romances were part of that? Didn't we go through this like 250+ pages ago during the actual fig campaign?

Oh wow, companions are going to have relationships (all kinds of) with people? Stretch goal heaven! Obsidian pushing boundaries again! Oh, wait... I meant that it should've been in the game in general.

I do have to admit I wasn't surprised at all that the LGBT romance question came from a self-professed Bioware fan, but hopefully Obsidian will do a better job with all their relationships (whatever form they take, from friendship to rivalry to one-night stands to whatever) than Bioware. It would be hard to do worse.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Nothing to spark the Codex' interest in a game, and provoke learned discussion about RPG gameplay, like the announcement it will have LGBT characters.

fobia

Yeah, really makes you wonder why that "Repressed Homosexual" tag is scarcely used.

But then again, this is a safespace for alt-right edgelords.
And I for one respect your special needs!
:love:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Ew, why would there be romances at all?

Because "companion relationships" was a stretch goal, and potential romances were part of that? Didn't we go through this like 250+ pages ago during the actual fig campaign?

Oh wow, companions are going to have relationships (all kinds of) with people? Stretch goal heaven! Obsidian pushing boundaries again! Oh, wait... I meant that it should've been in the game in general.

I do have to admit I wasn't surprised at all that the LGBT romance question came from a self-professed Bioware fan, but hopefully Obsidian will do a better job with all their relationships (whatever form they take, from friendship to rivalry to one-night stands to whatever) than Bioware. It would be hard to do worse.

By "relationships" I didn't mean romances or romantic relationships with the PC lolololol. I meant they interacting with each other a bit more deeply than occasional quips here and there. Leave the PC alone!

Rev

Arcane
People throwing a tantrum just because JES said there are some gay/bi companions, you're about as ridiculous as SJWs getting mad because there aren't enough black people/women/gays in games. :lol:
I can understand people being a bit sceptic over this issue if were talking about BioWare, but Obsidian has shown in the past that they can do a sensible job and not just make characters that are only present to shout that they're gay and have no other defining trait, just look at Veronica and Arcade in F:NV. Even Maneha in PoE was lesbian and although she was by far the weakest companion in the game, she wasn't defined solely by her sexuality and she didn't just screamed "look at me, I'm lesbian!" the moment you meet her (unlike Mizhena or the trans NPC in ME: Andromeda).

Sentinel

Arcane
People throwing a tantrum just because JES said there are some gay/bi companions, you're about as ridiculous as SJWs getting mad because there aren't enough black people/women/gays in games. :lol:
I can understand people being a bit sceptic over this issue if were talking about BioWare, but Obsidian has shown in the past that they can do a sensible job and not just make characters that are only present to shout that they're gay and have no other defining trait, just look at Veronica and Arcade in F:NV. Even Maneha in PoE was lesbian and although she was by far the weakest companion in the game, she wasn't defined solely by her sexuality and she didn't just screamed "look at me, I'm lesbian!" the moment you meet her (unlike Mizhena or the trans NPC in ME: Andromeda).
1) You don't see me brigading the devs on twitter or sending the tweet to some alt right cuck site to generate a shitstorm so I really don't get this comparison with SJWs. I just said I'm not gonna buy it.
2) Obsidian showed it in the past when they had different (read: good) writers + FNV and PoE didn't have romance so they couldn't shove their balls in your face even if the writers wanted to.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom