Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy

They seem less excited about this game than I am. The energy level in there is flatlined. I'd say this about sums it up:

4a7784f673.png

Must have been a rough development. The scenes in that studio are like a bunch of wax sculptures shambling around dreary hallways and broom closets filled with furnishings someone found in the dumpster behind an IKEA. Is Surströmming Soviet Bloc the latest fashion in Commiefornia now?

Also, I note that all of the women featured in the video who possess measurable artistic and/or technical skills aren't dangerhairs. Imagine that.

Pizzashoes

Scholar
Hey now, Commiefornia isn't an accurate term. There are plenty of towns where everyone but a few whites is a poor spic farmer.

MiX

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Wow, they actually recorded the music in the elevator lobby

Some things you just want to keep to yourself Obsidian...

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Hey now, Commiefornia isn't an accurate term. There are plenty of towns where everyone but a few whites is a poor spic farmer.

Ah, that's a fair point. Under communism, the few whites would live at a greater remove in a handful of cities semi-exclusive to the inner party elite.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Thanks for the info about the females.

Did complaining about referring to women as "females" go out of fashion among SJWs while I wasn't looking? It can be tough to keep up with the trends. You should check the manual to be sure you're in compliance.

Tom Selleck

Arcane
This video is unrelated to PoE:Derpfire, but the linked timecode is a good example of like, proglady writing fuckin' shit up:

Pizzashoes

Scholar
Call me a weeb, but a big reason why I still love japshit as an adult is their culture hasn't been infected by this degenerate leftist nonsense.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Call me a weeb, but a big reason why I still love japshit as an adult is their culture hasn't been infected by this degenerate leftist nonsense.

osojjc.png
It's true, however, that the Samurai and the Spetsnaz are our greatest allies against the Biowarean menace. For an entertaining time, navigate to just about any Japanese developer's Twitter and watch them mercilessly mock whiny pinkhairs.

Ivan

Arcane
Wow, they actually recorded the music in the elevator lobby

Some things you just want to keep to yourself Obsidian...

You guys do realize that this is in reference to the Kickstarter Project, not Deadfire....:M

makchanka

Arbiter

Did complaining about referring to women as "females" go out of fashion among SJWs while I wasn't looking? It can be tough to keep up with the trends. You should check the manual to be sure you're in compliance.

Whining about SJWs is something 12-year-olds and shutin losers do. "Epic Feminist Cringe Compilation XD #947698746" is not something normal adults watch. It's something that hand-flapping minecraft-obsessed autists obsess over.

It's not even real politics. This shit isn't even a good takedown of SJWs; it's baby's first outrage. It's for gullible losers, retards, and disappointing children. If you want to see a "feminist get destroyed," actually read her dumb bullshit and point out why she's an awful sanctimonious harpy with stupid ideas based on the reality of her ideology instead of hooting and hand-flapping over stupid made-up memes. You aren't intellectually or morally superior -or whatever the fuck you think you are- if you don't even understand what you're arguing against or why it's a load of shit.

Fucking Christ.

Last edited:

Whining about SJWs is something 12-year-olds and shutin losers do. "Epic Feminist Cringe Compilation XD #947698746" is not something normal adults watch. It's something that hand-flapping minecraft-obsessed autists obsess over.

It's not even real politics. This shit isn't even a good takedown of SJWs; it's baby's first outrage. It's for gullible losers, retards, and disappointing children. If you want to see a "feminist get destroyed," actually read her dumb bullshit and point out why she's an awful sanctimonious harpy with stupid ideas based on the reality of her ideology instead of hooting and hand-flapping over stupid made-up memes. You aren't intellectually or morally superior -or whatever the fuck you think you are- if you don't even understand what you're arguing against or why it's a load of shit.

Fucking Christ.

I remember avoiding SJW topics like a plague a few years back, thought it was another fleeting fad that will amount to nothing in the end. Not really the case nowadays though, that shit really affects entertainment, at least in Kwa and since most of the good stuff is produced in Kwa... well, being annoyed at that is hardly an overreaction (not talking about Blaine, cause Blaine gonna Blaine, not much you can do about that). Problems with SJWs (at least from my pov) have fuck all to do with ideology (unless it's being forced on the viewer/player), it's more about unqualified and unhinged people taking (often key) positions and affecting overall quality of the end product. A lot of recruitment nowadays seems to be based on your affiliations with certain groups instead of merit (which was always the case, but on a MUCH lower scale).

fobia

A lot of recruitment nowadays seems to be based on your affiliations with certain groups instead of merit (which was always the case, but on a MUCH lower scale).

Yeah sure, much lower scale. Like in the case were whole ethnic or political and religious groups weren't hired at all or paid way less than others, MUCH lower scale.
This really got out of hand and needs to be stopped, it surely has nothing to do with pathetic losers seeing people succeed economically or socially that they despise. NOTHING!

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Pretty sure POTD will be difficult enough for me at launch, personally dont have a big problem with it. Rather have bugfixing. I don't play pillars for the combat, I play it for story and exploration mainly

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Neither do i but if potd is easier then all difficulties are easier....

Sure that's true, but is that really a problem? I mean, I'm betting POTD still will feel too difficult for the majority of people, but for alot of othres, its just the right setting. so just play that solely.

I mean they had a story mode in pillars 1, so.

Prime Junta

Show of hands, who was not expecting Josh to tune this for three years?*

*assuming he doesn't quit Obsidian first

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom