Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Sentinel

Arcane
Except in Black Flag you actually steered the ship and got to sing some great shanties with your mates
here you point at the map and watch a 2D ship move there hoping there's no faggot interrupting your trip 'cause you just wanna be done with your fucking quest or buy some shit you forgot

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
WTF, are you people actually whining about global map exploration and random encounters? Admit it, you're worried that some pirate ship might interrupt you, while you're swimming full speed to deliver last item in Ydwin's romance quest.

Smh.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
- Birds will add to the ambiance, good on Obsidian for adding them.
- History is "the commonly-accepted narratives"? :lol: Hold on, scooter!

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Managed to redeem my key on GOG. It's a separate item from the BB. All we can do now is wait and hope they've made casters at least playable in the next update, but hope is a cruel mistress.

Sizzle

Arcane
An even better character from the Wire she could have made - a Nalpazsca Monk, modeled after Bubbles :D

Lacrymas

Arcane
Yeah. There is a spell that makes you immune to other spells, the skeleton mage in Poko Kohara uses it and I wasted one of my missiles on it. The name escapes me, however.

Sherry

Arcane
Hi.

omg!

yes thank-you Infinitron and I did not hav emuch time to post because it was yesterday and the ship encounters is well okay, let me say it is just not what I was expecting right? :?

Why I thought it would be like an old sailing game I played when I was little and I googled it to learn it is called Ancient Art of War AT SEA and . That is how I thought it was kidna going to be like where you are sailing in the water and see another ship approaching or sailing away and you chase after it that it would be some sort of engagement map and the sailing world map zoomed in to something a lot closer like you saw your whole ship deck and would use predefined keys to shout out orders to have your crew respond to the situation like the guy in the crows nest would yell 473 meters starbar bow, Captain! So you would have to click on the helms man and they go, Captain? and you select Full Speed starbar bow! YES CAPTAIN! and you do not see the ship just yet but hear the cannon booms in the distance and see the water splashing or even your deck get hit right? and then when you get close enough to grapple you grapple and fight and the ship battle would then be based on the weather maybe the waves are high or it is raining or night time and you would give orders to the crew to douse all lanterns and maybe sneak away and when you reach the edge of the screen it zooms back out to the world sailing m ap. :salute:

okay so that is how I thought it would be done because it causes tension and you got your crew to give orders to and you see it happening on screen right? But the encounter mechanic is soooo much different I do not know yet my feelings on it. here are some pictures.

How I thought the ship to ship battles would happen from a view just like this!

eaOnryG.jpg

EUvmdbL.jpg

NLBVJM3.jpg

6YPawQa.jpg

KgYaCAT.jpg

12 rounds of picking choices omg you could actually just keep picking the turn options and circle around and around until everyone getrs dizzy. 12 rounds!! :argh:

okay I am probably not being fair because this was just introduced and there will be tweaks made for sure and the encounter would not happened if the ship was not chased in the world map but what happened to the deck to deck battle I saw in a video? and probably can just avoid ships by not chasing them kinda like the yellow n amed npcs in Pillars if you do not want to engage you do not engage but I just though being engaged was supposed to be a really big deal full of excitement and screamning but it looks like every engagement is going to be much of the same with picking numbers.

Oh and the enemy resources should not be shown because what we have a spy on their ship to tell us how many cannonballs they have and their crew count?

Anyone too can watch the whole video I took the pictures from if you want to see the entire battle play out in real 12 rounds of real time because you can skip forward easily in the video to the end or sit and endure for 12 rounds of number picking gosh it sounds so mean and I know it will be a great game because we are only seeing what we are allowed to see and maybe not everything is in yet for ship battles and weather will be counted to a bonus or negative and there will be grappling and deck fighting to come.

opps forgopt the video click me

Thanks,
Sherry

Lacrymas

Arcane
TheSentinel, no, but it wasn't too long. Maybe 12ish seconds or something, but don't quote me on that. I can't find it in the list of spells in the wiki as well, it's not Minor Arcane Reflection because the skeleton didn't reflect my spell back, it simply said "immune". I uninstalled the beta and I can't check for myself atm.

Lacrymas

Arcane
12 seconds is a lot when the longest fight in the beta is like 30, but maybe it's more, I don't remember checking the duration at all.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Hi.

omg!

okay I am probably not being fair because this was just introduced and there will be tweaks made for sure and the encounter would not happened if the ship was not chased in the world map but what happened to the deck to deck battle I saw in a video?

Thanks,
Sherry

I haven't played the beta update yet, but ship boarding is already in, supposedly:

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/95874-ship-to-ship-combat/?p=1975263

full sail ahead >hold>full sail ahead>hold> ..................30m

1. Ramming Speed

1CSc4oM.jpg

XWZdwqV.jpg

B8W7isO.jpg

Between this and cloud shadows being specifically called out in the latest backer video update, you should be happy, Sherry!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/95895-a-look-into-the-fig-physical-items/

Hey everyone!

We got in the prototypes for our Fig versions of the physical orders and wanted to share them with you all! If you backed Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire through Fig or through our Backer Portal at a tier with a physical version of the game, you now get to see what you'll be getting come launch day.

Fig Physical Edition

deadfire-figitems-tier1.jpg

Fig Collector's Edition

deadfire-figitems-tier2.jpg

Fig Elite Collector's Edition

deadfire-figitems-tier3.jpg

We're very happy with how the physical items have turned out and we're looking forward to getting them to those who backed at those tiers when the game launches this April.

Sherry

Arcane
Between this and cloud shadows being specifically called out in the latest backer video update, you should be happy, Sherry!

Hi!

oh gosh this is awesome thank-you for pointing that out santino27 I will go check that forum link and read up on everything and it is great they are listening and taking advice from our community seriously so they get added to the game and two months exactly until we are all sailing the high seas and exploring! :hug: If there is anything else you come across playing the beta please share it.
heart.png

Thanks,
Sherry

2house2fly

Magister
The gunpowder is treated with magic in such a way that its effectiveness is enhanced but also causes it to explode when force is applied. Plot hole sealed

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom