Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
in real life you too harass every person in store with different preferences for products
I must have missed the harassment
Also if you feel harassed by such a comment.. boy are you in the wrong forum
More like i don't know other word in English to describe it. Mess around would be better? I tried to translate word from my language and get results: molest, adhere. While word in my language don't have sexual context.
UPD Fixed it on "mess around" I hope it fits better.

Last edited:

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
He also probably hates gunslingers, because I can't imagine how Strength can affect shooting with gun.

Recoil. Like pushing off a shopping cart vs pushing off a wall. The low strength character is the shopping cart, the high strength character is the wall.

Sure, but that impacts accuracy (and potentially firing speed), not damage, like strength is proposed to do in the new system.

it'll impact damage too. the high pressure gasses expanding out of a fixed object will spend all their kinetic energy propelling the projectile forward. Whereas if it pushes both the projectile and the gun some of that energy will be wasted on the gun.

2house2fly

Magister
in real life you too harass every person in store with different preferences for products
More like i don't know other word in English to describe it. Mess around would be better? I tried to translate word from my language and get results: molest, adhere. While word in my language don't have sexual context.
"Molest" would not work in context but would be quite funny.

Sannom

Augur
There two main reasons why firearms started being used and popular in armies:

1) They can pierce any kind of metal armor.
Can someone remind me how many times it has been pointed out here that plate armor was invented in reaction to firearms?

Rename strength in to POWER!
They might as well go back to Might.

Look, I don't want to start flame about Arcanum in PoE2 discussion, but I want just want to ask - in real life you too mess around every person in store with different preferences for products? Like run towards people and scream "How could you like that toilet paper? It's terrible in every way!" *proceed being kicked from store by security*
You are new here, right? I think you would need to be the man who killed Chris Avellone to be banned in these parts.

Sentinel

Arcane
Ah, not a native speaker. Sorry man, didn't mean to pick on you.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I totally see Prima Junta going to a gaming retail store (do these even exist anymore?) and "trying to educate" people on how shit their tastes in games are. I'd do that, too, but our gaming stores are always more empty than a Bobby Brown concert.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
I totally see Prima Junta going to a gaming retail store (do these even exist anymore?) and "trying to educate" people on how shit their tastes in games are. I'd do that, too, but our gaming stores are always more empty than a Bobby Brown concert.
Also that would mean that you'd have to go to a gaming store. That must be like , your worst possible place to be :P

Prime Junta

I think Josh should also rename Perception to Charisma and Resolve to Wisdom, with a few thematically appropriate mechanical changes.

Those have a certain ring to them.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I just had one of the best bugs of my entire life. You need a lot of weird shit in your code to do this.

Congratulations to those involved.

TVPvx7J.jpg

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Can someone remind me how many times it has been pointed out here that plate armor was invented in reaction to firearms?
"The use of plate armour declined in the 17th century, but it remained common both among the nobility and for the cuirassiers throughout the European wars of religion. After 1650, plate armour was mostly reduced to the simple breastplate (cuirass) worn by cuirassiers. This was due to the development of the flintlock musket, which could penetrate armour at a considerable distance."
Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plate_armour
Wikipedia in fact just a copy&paste from more serious sources (atl least in case old weapons and armor), so I think it's true.

You are new here, right? I think you would need to be the man who killed Chris Avellone to be banned in these parts.
Well, yeah, I new here and I am not sure that I know all details about that drama, but I don't think I started something so global, I hope.

Ah, not a native speaker. Sorry man, didn't mean to pick on you.
It's alright, sometimes it can happen with anyone.

it'll impact damage too. the high pressure gasses expanding out of a fixed object will spend all their kinetic energy propelling the projectile forward. Whereas if it pushes both the projectile and the gun some of that energy will be wasted on the gun.
But projectile fired with same speed, not matter how strong hands which hold it. I mean you can try to shoot one target and miss, but bullet would land with same speed as if you did succesfull shot. I think you mean damage in different parts of bodies your enemies, but it still part of aim and not damage, since for better damage you need to use your strength for AIM in head or any weak part of body.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
For those who are playing Beta, I just found a "hidden" menu by pressing F11. It is for you to transition to any map.

I have not found any reference to this in the Obsidian forums, so maybe it's interesting to explore.

qIsAP5H.jpg

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
For me games are like women,the perfect ones are those with flaws ;)

As opposed to those without flaws? If you know a few, or even one, of these, I'd gladly take them/her away from you, you can have all the flawed ones.
You don't want to,they turn out to be the most messed up or retarded spoiled progressive things. A few flaws in a woman is beauty.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I just had one of the best bugs of my entire life. You need a lot of weird shit in your code to do this.

Congratulations to those involved.

TVPvx7J.jpg
Congrats mate,you just met the sixth member of your party. It reminds me of strange happening i had. I went with bunch of friends to a hotel in the mountain to drink and eat. Every time we were setting the table for drinking and eating we always did add a bonus glass and plate without noticing it. It was pretty fun thing,the ghost must have been a nice drinking chap.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
But projectile fired with same speed, not matter how strong hands which hold it. I mean you can try to shoot one target and miss, but bullet would land with same speed as if you did succesfull shot. I think you mean damage in different parts of bodies your enemies, but it still part of aim and not damage, since for better damage you need to use your strength for AIM in head or any weak part of body.

I'm saying it's not fired with the same speed because more of the force is wasted on the recoil in one scenario compared to the other.

Mind you, i have no idea exactly how much it would be affected. It's probably a lot less than the +/- 30% damage swing in pillars.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Iznaliu's shtick recently has been trying to drop one-sentence truth bombs all over the place, but it somehow doesn't seem to work. Makes you think...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom