Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Dodo1610

Arcane

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
He was clearly normal. Only faggot thing in him was the fact that he is an elf. He was reclusive and doggy,after all he was a spy for a secret cult. His other half wasn't much of a faggot eater. Can't see it being the thing that makes him gay. I never got the feeling that he is gay in the whole game,normally i am good judge of character. When did he give you the impression that he is gay,in the first game?

Not every gay is a flamboyant SJW caricature, he could have just kept it to himself - it makes sense given his reclusive nature.

Islemyr angle could be interesting, if she's a straight woman that sets up lots of iffy situations. Kinda doubt they went for it though, too complicated.
I agree about the faggots,i even know one or two such people. He was a hetero for me and his girl was there to protect him and give him some willpower in a way. She is not there to make him a pretty pretty princes that wants some fat shark cock. IF he is a faggot in this game it will be a totally different character. If every recluse was a hidden faggot the RPGCodex would have been RainbowRPGs.

Sentinel

Arcane
implying anyone outside of the codex will care about the gameplay while they're entertained jacking off to the romances & praising how diverse the sexuality is

> I put on my robe and tinfoil hat
you sure you have a robe that fits you, fatass?

You do realise that most gamers do not like SJW content but simply ignore it.
Sorry, but that's not what a quick glimpse at the PoE/Obsidian reddit tells me.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I will pirate it for certainty. I am just ask out of curiosity and good manners. ;)

what happened to your defense of "I don't pirate Obsidian games"

:nocountryforshitposters:
You are mistaken me for someone else mate. I buy games after i pirate them and if they are good and have some bonus money :). I never said that i would buy this game,especially not after the Avellone drama. Not because some moral boycott,but because his posts showed some concerning actions on their part when it comes to quality.

Gay or not what Aloth has is a need to be dominated and told what to do. That may slighty change if he became the leader of the Leaden Key at the end of PoE.

Doesn't matter in my game though, blood pool and all that.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Aloth isn't some great character that will be violated or desecrated if he's changed, even if he "wasn't gay". Not like Meetra Surik or Kreia in SWTOR and the novels, now that's sacrilege. Also, why does anyone care if a character is straight or gay? Seems like a waste of energy, especially since we know the writing will be abysmal and they won't be able to tackle any issue well, not only gayness.

Pizzashoes

Scholar
implying anyone outside of the codex will care about the gameplay while they're entertained jacking off to the romances & praising how diverse the sexuality is

Reddit is filled with effeminate people. The community loves to virtue-signal for liberal/progressive causes and shout down anyone who might disagree.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Aloth isn't some great character that will be violated or desecrated if he's changed, even if he "wasn't gay". Not like Meetra Surik or Kreia in SWTOR and the novels, now that's sacrilege. Also, why does anyone care if a character is straight or gay? Seems like a waste of energy, especially since we know the writing will be abysmal and they won't be able to tackle any issue well, not only gayness.
Because that way he will have weaker spells and combat fags like you will fall in despairer crying out their god,Skaen to give them power to strike at the enemy!

Joke aside,any character that is changed in contradiction to their original version is kind of violation,despite its popularity status. Another thing that he and Eder are stars compared to the other characters,all of them look like annoying little shits. I care about him being faggot because i kind of like the bastard and don't want to see him contradict his original character,me being a fucking storyfag and all. For you most likely doesn't matter because you are battle fag that skips dialogue and bash shit.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
How will the gameplay be on release?

Poll closed Apr 4, 2018.

1. Wow! Gee, POE2 sure is fun! Josh really nailed it this time! <3
    36 vote(s)
    27.5%

2. UNPLAYABLE TRASH
    20 vote(s)
    15.3%

3. at least story mode is b a l a n c e d
    32 vote(s)
    24.4%

4. kingcomrade
    43 vote(s)
    32.8%

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Don't be gay fantadomat, people worked for this piece of crap you're going to spend hundreds of hours on. It's not like another reskinned edition of the same AAA shooter which will sell millions upon millions with or without the 30euro you paid when it was 50% off.

Also, I will shut you off in every discussion with "you didn't pay for it, so what are you complaining about?" :lol:

Sentinel

Arcane
AFAIK sexuality wasn't ever tackled in PoE1. Don't think Edér or Aloth ever talked about it, but I may be misremembering. If this is true, it wouldn't really be a breach of character if both turned out gay. Although I have trouble imagining Edér being gay.

2house2fly

Magister

Ah yes, the PoE/Obsidian reddit, where most gamers hang out.

Quillon

Arcane
How will the gameplay be on release?

Poll closed Apr 4, 2018.

1. Wow! Gee, POE2 sure is fun! Josh really nailed it this time! <3
    36 vote(s)
    27.5%

2. UNPLAYABLE TRASH
    20 vote(s)
    15.3%

3. at least story mode is b a l a n c e d
    32 vote(s)
    24.4%

4. kingcomrade
    43 vote(s)
    32.8%

2 hours after the game unlocked everyone here will be like:

Wow! Gee, POE2 sure is fun! Josh really nailed it this time! <3

DXi85e3VQAEaBSC.jpg:large

2house2fly

Magister
AFAIK sexuality wasn't ever tackled in PoE1. Don't think Edér or Aloth ever talked about it, but I may be misremembering. If this is true, it wouldn't really be a breach of character if both turned out gay. Although I have trouble imagining Edér being gay.
They all make comments of some kind at the brothel, though there are male prostitutes in there too. I had to get it on with a dude called Big Durmsey to level up the Deadfire Pack hat

Sentinel

Arcane

Ah yes, the PoE/Obsidian reddit, where most gamers hang out.
Like it or not, reddit is much more representative of the dominant opinion than codex or whatever other message board you choose.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
I don't mind gay or whatever romances, the real issue is combining juvenile approach with sexuality, it's one or another not both. People without a love life writing about things they don't know about results in garbage as it's bad fantasy.

It doesn't matter, Josh will resign and no one will be there to toss water into this dumpsterfire.

Thonius

Arcane
Try harder then... bigot.
You just have to you know apply some pressure! Make your mind sweaty from your hard effort. Make a mental push!

Sentinel

Arcane
I can't. My brain isn't big enough to imagine it. Maybe you can do it and draw it after, you colossal faggot?

Thonius

Arcane
I can't. My brain isn't big enough to imagine it. Maybe you can do it and draw it after, you colossal faggot?
Wow easy now candy ass I was just joking!
:codexisfor:

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Yeah, add all the gay content you want, I don't give a shit, just don't implement it in a way that I end up having forced gay encounters on me. Which is how it ends up pretty much fucking always. You think you're having chat with a bro, and suddenly he's like, I'm gay let's fuck.

Sentinel

Arcane
Wow easy now candy ass I was just joking!
:codexisfor:
That's alright man. I still love you.

Thonius

Arcane
Yeah, add all the gay content you want, I don't give a shit, just don't implement it in a way that I end up having forced gay encounters on me. Which is how it ends up pretty much fucking always. You think you're having chat with a bro, and suddenly he's like, I'm gay let's fuck.
Well but arent gays are massive sexoholics? Like with HIV is big among gays because they suck every shlong they see?
See pic related.
la-et-entertainment-news-updates-april-kevin-spacey-will-host-the-2017-tony-1492536473.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom