Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Eoten is actually the Old English root of ettin, not a made-up word: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/eoten

New secret code: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/95782-worldofeternity-funny-business-speculation/?p=1976629

Bestiary Entry 4: Eotens

A little tough to make out...

BMahh7

Here's a frame inverted and enlarged.

ApZsysO.png

It's now BtF6nW w6Pd2u SHbEXB cCedpo 8twCgw BMahh7

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
I see they're really taking advantage of the opportunity to explore new territory with their own original fantasy IP.

276718-neverwinter-nights-2-mask-of-the-betrayer-windows-screenshot.jpg

All the creativity and originality went toward renaming Vampires to Fampyrs, I bet it took them a while to think of that one:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Fampyrs is actually creative. Eotens, as wells as Naga (no plural form I guess) are from actual folklore apparently. At least this makes them free of any license.

Also, as it turns out "Ettin" wasn't particularly creative in the first place.

BilboBaggins

Educated
You guys are acting like working around the DnD license to make a DnD-like game is bad thing. Maybe I'm simple, but I like it. Also grew up mostly on the AD&D 2nd edition stuff.

Elex

Arbiter
I see they're really taking advantage of the opportunity to explore new territory with their own original fantasy IP.

276718-neverwinter-nights-2-mask-of-the-betrayer-windows-screenshot.jpg

All the creativity and originality went toward renaming Vampires to Fampyrs, I bet it took them a while to think of that one:lol:
you are not hyped for the hobelder? the creatures that have a lot of noses on them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sentinel

Arcane
Found an inaccuracy in that article.

It should be:
The Obsidian Story So Far - KotOR2; Neverwinter Nights 2; Alpha Protocol; Fallout: New Vegas; Dungeon Siege 3; South Park - The Stick of Truth; Pillars of Eternity. Avellone leaves. Eric Fenstermaker leaves. Tyranny; Pillars of Eternity 2
I think this would help readers understand the change in quality in the games.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't think she's any more commonly seen than Eder. Why wouldn't a returning companion from the first game be prominently displayed

Fairfax

Arcane
It's his self-insert.
That and part dream girl as well:
Even though she's officially the Least-Liked companion, I thought Pallegina's attitude was fun, though Josh was awfully heavy with the social justice allegory, even (probably unintentionally) including a nod to the Respectful Nod and (possibly intentionally) spreading his girlfriend's pro-Israel beliefs.

Sizzle

Arcane
Played with her in the party, but I don't remember anything like that. What was the pro-Israel part?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
I don't think she's any more commonly seen than Eder. Why wouldn't a returning companion from the first game be prominently displayed
Because she's one of the least popular companions, and you have Edér returning, who is the most popular one?

So what you really need to ask is why she's in the game in the first place. :M

As far as Obsidian are considered, she's an iconic returning character from the first game.

Sentinel

Arcane
Because she's one of the least popular companions, and you have Edér returning, who is the most popular one?

So what you really need to ask is why she's in the game in the first place. :M

As far as Obsidian are considered, she's an iconic returning character from the first game.
I don't mind her being in the game if her inclusion didn't come at the expense of another, superior, companion *cought* Durance *cough*. She's fucking dead in my save anyway. And if she isn't, I'm killing her again as soon as I spot her in PoE2.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom