Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pillars of Eternity Coding/Hacking Thread

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
^ interesting read Bester.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Meanwhile, in Karkarov's workshop...

crpy7hs.jpg

Athelas

Arcane
Will we be able to reposition parts of it? I'd rather have all those buttons off to the side somewhere.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Yeah besides moving the ability icons to the left that shit looks somewhat acceptable to me

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
That particular image was made specifically for that layout. If you would like a different layout, feel free to post your ideal positioning as modified with the IE mod draggable HUD and then I'll enquire about it.

There is also going to be a default layout (same as default PE but with karkarov background).

Apexeon

Arcane
Currently attempting a kuldahar IE style map.

Boy what would I give to see the "art work flow" :( (the how they done it behind the scenes video, step by step :) ).

agris

Arcane
Patron
Hey Bester, would you consider making a version of your mod that doesn't touch the engagement mechanism and the AI clauses associated with it? Or at least lets us toggle the engagement mechanism? I like your mod, and really want to start my first full PoE game with it, but I want to give the engagement mechanic a fair shake in the context of the full game (not the BB) rather than jump into it with modded game mechanics.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Updated the mod for windows. Linux and mac won't be available for this version. Added functionality to hide buttons background so they'd fit into Karkarov's Ui very well. Custom buttons were drawn by Karkarov, but that's for the next version. As for the frames, I only included the new KarkarovB I think, KarkarovA is the old one, but Karkarov's updated it I think and maybe even sent it to me, I just lost it in all the fuss (sorry). It's only 1920*1080 for now anyway.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Anyone's who wants to get some new content, I recommend you type UnlockBestiary (if you're not using the mod, type in "Iroll20s" first) in the console and then check out a bunch of pencil art (stylized to look like it) that they drew for each type of monsters (Journal -> Cyclopedia -> Bestiary), and a bunch of descriptions (scroll down for those).

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Made a "Drop Items" button in the inventory. Found it annoying that I couldn't get rid of items unless I could find a container. Now you can just drop stuff on the ground and pick it back up if you want. Or just leave it there if it's junk.

Will be available in the next version.

drop-items.jpg

Aenra

plenty of hieroglyphs and related ligature in this thread, so maybe i can enquire:
how likely would a full TB conversion mod be?

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
plenty of hieroglyphs and related ligature in this thread, so maybe i can enquire:
how likely would a full TB conversion mod be?

As likely as a multiplayer mod. Possible as anything else because of accessibility of the code, but not likely at all.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Made a "Drop Items" button in the inventory. Found it annoying that I couldn't get rid of items unless I could find a container. Now you can just drop stuff on the ground and pick it back up if you want. Or just leave it there if it's junk.

Will be available in the next version.

drop-items.jpg
This always gets me wondering, how could the devs leave out such basic functions? Great job as always by the way.

Apexeon

Arcane
I will have a crack at putting a map in POE.

We can mod a mission to get some wine.

48-Cave-Big-A2.jpg

Last edited:

Athelas

Arcane
I will have a crack at putting a map in POE.
Needs more half-broken pillars.

This always gets me wondering, how could the devs leave out such basic functions?
If I recall correctly, they said it was intentional, to prevent some particular nasty bugs.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
It was so they didn't have to bother implementing save/load stuff for it.

Bester's implementation turns it into a loot container like a dropped ingredient from a beetle or whatever, so it follows the same rules as those.

Dunno how long it took him to do, but I don't think it was very long.

Athelas

Arcane
Sure, because of all the bugs related to save/load persistence. They'll hopefully get it sorted out shortly after release.

Sensuki

Arcane
No, probably because of cbf - since they had unlimited stash

The "serious bugs" was probably just BAdler trying to sell the decision

Athelas

Arcane
If you say so. :pete:

It would be funny if reviewers complained about the inability to drop items.

Sensuki

Arcane
Well like I said, all Bester's solution does is move the item from the inventory to a loot container, like what happened in the IE games. It did not take him very long to do, but he said he was going to do it yesterday and today he had it in the mod.

I drop an item, save the game, load the game - loot pile is still there, no special coding needed.

If he was able to do it so easily then what was BAdler so concerned about?

polo

Magister
Since i don't think anyone will be dropping items all the time, im just asking out of curiosity; does leaving items dropped in the ground affect performance in any way? Maybe saving/loading times, or zone loading times, dunno.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom