Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pillars of Eternity Beta Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Duraframe300

Arcane
As for the portrait. I'm not a fan of the facial expression either. Like the overall look though.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Inspired by this guy?

unfortunate_11.png

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I can't put my finger on why, but that portrait looks really gay.
That's because it has an obvious mix of male and female features. I briefly studied this when I did some 3d modeling and artists surely studied it as well, so it's intentional. It's very modern and hip to use gay looking guys and bull dyke looking chicks btw, now that everyone's gay and feminist. Dragon age did this with their inquisitor chick for example.

It's inclusive.

Starwars

Arcane
Better be careful or maybe the Elf puts his penis in your butt though the monitor. Gays can do that you know, just ask Jaesun.

The voicesets in the new version drive me mad. I will never understand why those things is considered a good feature of RPGs, it's so fucking annoying. Characters like Minsc (shitty character though he is) and Virgil would be a million times less annoying if I didn't have to listen to their shit out of dialogues. "I've been seriously hurt, please help me..." SHUT UP!

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
The game doesn't run on my laptop. After starting a new game, I get like 0.2 FPS after a very long loadingscreen, and then it crashes to desktop without an error message. :(

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The voicesets in the new version drive me mad. I will never understand why those things is considered a good feature of RPGs, it's so fucking annoying. Characters like Minsc (shitty character though he is) and Virgil would be a million times less annoying if I didn't have to listen to their shit out of dialogues. "I've been seriously hurt, please help me..." SHUT UP!

Disappointed to hear this. Several games have options menu sliders to tune the frequency of character barks, from Always to Never with several points in between. I too hate to hear the same barks over and over.

Starwars

Arcane
Disappointed to hear this. Several games have options menu sliders to tune the frequency of character barks, from Always to Never with several points in between. I too hate to hear the same barks over and over.

I wouldn't give up on it entirely. I think the audio director guy said on the forum that he'd try to get it in, though he couldn't promise anything.
But yeah, I *really* hope some form of setting voice volume (whether it's just muting it or with volume sliders) makes it in.

In fact, since the IE games had them, it would be INEXCUSABLE and in very bad practice not to have them. :x

Kem0sabe

Arcane
My biggest issues so far are:

Load times still take a bit too long between interiors and exteriors, but performance wise the game is running overall quite nice.

The combat, feels too fast and the ability selection interface is a hassle, hotbars are a much better choice.

The sound keeps glitching everywhere.

Athelas

Arcane
They toned down the spell effects, thankfully. Still room for improvement.

The physics are still ridiculous though. I cast Rolling Flame inside the granary and it ping ponged a dozen times between various crates and tables before disappearing in the bread oven. Though this could be considered a good thing. :)

Athelas

Arcane
The combat, feels too fast and the ability selection interface is a hassle, hotbars are a much better choice.
Oh god. Is this one of those truly bad "click on a bunch of little buttons" interfaces with no kotkey support?
It's a hotbar that appears above a character's portrait when you select that character. There's not much clicking, every option available to a character is visible or appears when you hover over icons.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Oh god. Is this one of those truly bad "click on a bunch of little buttons" interfaces with no kotkey support?
You know priests have like 8-12 spells shown at any one time?

I'm not sure it would be possible to hotkey that.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
God I hate clicking buttons when hotkeys would work.

I have a keyboard with over 100 keys, not counting modifiers. 12 abilities? 1-8, CTRL+1-CTRL+4. Or F1-F12. Or anything but "nope, click a bunch of colorful buttons, moron".

But hey, I haven't seen it, maybe it's wonderful. :decline:

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
You know priests have like 8-12 spells shown at any one time?

I'm not sure it would be possible to hotkey that.

It's not, because hotkeys are currently limited to QWERTY keys only.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom