Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pillars of Eternity Beta Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Where's your humour Dura? :P

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Obsidian have a lot of bots browsing their forums or something?

kzXLlug.jpg

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I wonder if they will add ground decals to make spells more impactful. Like, the fireball leaving some scorched ground behind.

Athelas

Arcane
I wonder if they will add ground decals to make spells more impactful. Like, the fireball leaving some scorched ground behind.
That's already the case with a lot of spells. Though it only adds to the VFX visual bonanza.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Attributes are used [in dialogue] more than Skills overall. While Lore does come up a bunch, often it's more "Huh, TIL" than something that gives you an upper edge in conversations.

I predict that skills will be eliminated completely in the final version.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
That's already the case with a lot of spells. Though it only adds to the VFX visual bonanza.
Just remove the unnecessary spell effects for buffs and fighter abilities etc. :cool:

Sensuki

Arcane
Going through all the talents now, extracting the files to get the actual values of what they do - faster than checking them in game.

Will make a list with everything later etc

Frusciante

Cipher
Project: Eternity
Everytime I check back here it's just Sensuki posting video's again. Not much else happening. No interesting kickstarter updates anymore, not many patches. Guess I have to sit it out and wait a few more months before checking back again.

Nihiliste

Arcane
Patron
The hype and pace of updates has really died down. It's a bummer that they still haven't figured out fundamental things like character system, combat, pathfinding, when the game was supposed to be ready for release.

Sensuki

Arcane
Josh mucking around on his PE playthrough

josh on twitter said:
smoking naked edér trio, playing one night only in the dyrwood.

Probably adopting forum tactic of 1 armor everyone else none.

LEGIT TACTIC GUISE

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It's a bummer that they still haven't figured out fundamental things like character system, combat, pathfinding, when the game was supposed to be ready for release.
That's why they delayed it duh.

Looking at Sensuki's videos, I think they are slowly (SLOOOOOWLY) heading to the right direction. By the time they release the game, we might get a decent system.

Last edited:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Would it be possible to mod the game to use something like this? Or is it beyond the grasp of modders?

Athelas

Arcane
They need to change the way the battle log displays information. Instead of:

BB Rogue hits Beetle for 22 damage.
BB Rogue interrupts Beetle.
BB Rogue sneak attacks Beetle.

it should simply say something like:
BB Rogue interrupts Beetle with a sneak attack for 22 damage.

I don't care if it's grammatically incorrect. :P

Sensuki, what happened to your preference for the battle log being on the left side?

Last edited:

Sensuki

Arcane
I do still have that preference. However it was easier for me to work from left to right. Now that I've got the elements and symmetry correct I can simply flip the elements around, too easy.

J_C yes it should be possible, although I'd prefer to try and influence change first before delving into UI modding with other people.

polo

Magister
Raw numbers plz.
As it is now information is badly presented, which results in a really inecessary long battle log.

Sensuki

Arcane
HAHAH just found a way to abuse the shit out of disengagement attacks. Attack enemy with ranged unit and then run that unit back, move a Fighter in to intercept but DO NOT attack the enemy, just move the Fighter close to the enemy and BAM, disengagement attack and THEN attack (no cooldown) :D

Kinda hard to pull off, but you can definitely do it.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom