Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
So it's hentai game after all. To upgrade lewd sword i needed to kill 25 kith, but finishing dialogue triggered after i just butchered some slimes. That can mean only one thing - monstergirls premature ejaculation.

When does she become interesting?
I recruited her and she just mumbled something about being an awkward soul sucking vampire.
Oh no, I haven't met her yet. Just commenting on tripedal's impressions

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
Went down the Old City. The dude says something like "after 6 hours, we pull the cage back up, deal with it".
Had totally forgotten that. Can't leave the place without going through some smugglers' hideout.
Turns out if anyone sees me, everyone turns hostile and attacks... Some quest failed.
How lazy can you be, not to just add a little dialogue option and let the player try to - oh I don't know - bluff his way out peacefully ?

Anyway, fighting makes me lose a lot of reputation with the pirates, and I wanna be a pirate ffs. So I reload and try to sneak my way out of here.
Craft myself some sparkcrackers and enter super stealth mode. Things go swell, and I manage to leave the hideout by some elevator or whatnot.
Arrive in some thieves hideout or something. Same fucking shit again. As soon as the dude sees me (which is absolutely inevitable because he's standing in a narrow corridor), everybody attacks me and I lose reputation towards their faction apparently.
How lazy can you be. What does it cost to put some dialogue option here. If really you don't want it voiced, make it CYOA or something. Now I can fight my way out, but it's gonna completely ruin a whole faction and fail a quest as well.

This is infuriating. There's this neat intertwined area, which is intricately tied with several quests and factions. There's several ways to enter these maps, and you don't even think of letting the player talk with these guys ?
It's not even like Fallout 3, where raiders were treated as yet another opposition, and were nothing but foes with no occasion to talk to any of them. These guys, here, are supposed to be legit npcs, with a faction and shit.
So right now I'm fucked, the only way out is to murder everybody, because there's no basic dialogue option like

1. the fuck are you ?
2. [bluff] i'm the new guy
1. alright, let me lead you back to where you belong, this is a restricted area

Bam, I fixed your game.
Fuck !

Problem with obsidian is, you never know if it's a bug or if it's legit stupid. Fix that shit please.

Reinhardt

Arcane
[bluff] i'm the new guy
Except they won't let you in without permission from boss, because it's secret area in their hideout, so if you came from other side and claim you are "new guy" that would look realy stupid.

Parabalus

Arcane
Went down the Old City. The dude says something like "after 6 hours, we pull the cage back up, deal with it".
Had totally forgotten that. Can't leave the place without going through some smugglers' hideout.
Turns out if anyone sees me, everyone turns hostile and attacks... Some quest failed.
How lazy can you be, not to just add a little dialogue option and let the player try to - oh I don't know - bluff his way out peacefully ?

Anyway, fighting makes me lose a lot of reputation with the pirates, and I wanna be a pirate ffs. So I reload and try to sneak my way out of here.
Craft myself some sparkcrackers and enter super stealth mode. Things go swell, and I manage to leave the hideout by some elevator or whatnot.
Arrive in some thieves hideout or something. Same fucking shit again. As soon as the dude sees me (which is absolutely inevitable because he's standing in a narrow corridor), everybody attacks me and I lose reputation towards their faction apparently.
How lazy can you be. What does it cost to put some dialogue option here. If really you don't want it voiced, make it CYOA or something. Now I can fight my way out, but it's gonna completely ruin a whole faction and fail a quest as well.

This is infuriating. There's this neat intertwined area, which is intricately tied with several quests and factions. There's several ways to enter these maps, and you don't even think of letting the player talk with these guys ?
It's not even like Fallout 3, where raiders were treated as yet another opposition, and were nothing but foes with no occasion to talk to any of them. These guys, here, are supposed to be legit npcs, with a faction and shit.
So right now I'm fucked, the only way out is to murder everybody, because there's no basic dialogue option like

1. the fuck are you ?

Bam, I fixed your game.
Fuck !

Problem with obsidian is, you never know if it's a bug or if it's legit stupid. Fix that shit please.

Did you try sneaking to the captain and talking to her? She's in the hut on the right.

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I am now out of this thread. People like Prime Junta are so invested in the game, that they no longer can be intellectually honest about anything concerning the game. And these people will never engage in a debate.

Who the fuck will engage in debate against troll like you who claimed that IE are not rpgs even though there is no definition of rpg....

Pizzashoes

Scholar
Dude they told you they were going to leave you down there. But yes, that does sound infuriating.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Come on now, bud. Siege of Dragonspear went through such a public shitshow on similar complaints.

That's not what happened, at all. The devs didn't complain about "the population", they complained about a specific group of people. Considering these people were sexists and homophobes who threatened developers with death and rape threats (!!!), they were completely right in their assessment of the situation. Bad writing is bad writing, period. An homosexual character can be badly written, and an heterosexual character can be badly written too. The problem is a lot of people only speak up when the former happens.

One way or another, I don't see (both doing now, and doing in the future) Obsidian blaming bigots because of Deadfire not selling well. Especially because LGBT politics is just one of many, many criticisms leveled at Pillars of Eternity and Deadfire.

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Alt-tards: IF SJWs don't like lack of representation of particular type of people, they should make their own games!

Also alt-tards: NOOOO WHY ARE THERE DIFFERENT PEOPLE IN MY GAMES

fuck off.
SJW-tards: NOOOO, WHY ISN'T ANYONE BUYING OUR GAME AND PILLARS NOW A DEAD FRANCHISE!? I thought people liked Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale and Planescape: Torment so much because of buttugly boring characters, gay romances and fish-sex!

This is not a counter-argument, if game fails it fails for whatever reason. If you get triggered by coloured hair, dark people or women in positions of power then move the fuck along. Because studios make games they want to make, which is the heart of the argument given to sjws about lack of existence of anything but fucking white males.

Go back to Asia

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
am i missing something or it's impossible to level up from the overland map and you gotta land somewhere first to bring up your party dudes etc

ffs

Egosphere

Arcane
Alt-tards: IF SJWs don't like lack of representation of particular type of people, they should make their own games!

fuck off.
SJW-tards: NOOOO, WHY ISN'T ANYONE BUYING OUR GAME AND PILLARS NOW A DEAD FRANCHISE!? I thought people liked Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale and Planescape: Torment so much because of buttugly boring characters, gay romances and fish-sex!

This is not a counter-argument, if game fails it fails for whatever reason. If you get triggered by coloured hair, dark people or women in positions of power then move the fuck along. Because studios make games they want to make, which is the heart of the argument given to sjws about lack of existence of anything but fucking white males.

Go back to Asia

Asians dont like diversity and liberal poz though. That's a european thing/

Seethe

Arbiter

fuck off.

Go back to Asia

Sorry Balkanman, he brought Asia to you instead.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

1. the fuck are you ?

Bam, I fixed your game.
Fuck !

Use the console for stealth skill, "Skill Player_Name stealth 20" for example,name and player are with capital words.

Hellion

Arcane
Well here's what I did : sneak my way to devler's row or something, then went back to the pirate's hideout.
Then they accepted to talk and I could bluff.

Wat.

Something that's not really obvious or documented anywhere is that sometimes enemies that are hostile if you're sneaking are not hostile at all if you're just walking normally. I was just in that area using the same passage as you for my second playthrough, and I just tried to approach that Pirate lady without sneaking at all and everyone just let me walk.

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I am now out of this thread. People like Prime Junta are so invested in the game, that they no longer can be intellectually honest about anything concerning the game. And these people will never engage in a debate.

Who the fuck will engage in debate against troll like you who claimed that IE are not rpgs even though there is no definition of rpg....

Just a clarification so that this interpretation is not held against me. I did not mean that IE games are not RPGs. I meant that they are not the only model for RPGs. RPGs better and different have been made before and after. Also, I don't think that RTwP ><?= etc TB. They are just two approaches and they can each be done well. See River of time. 'kthxbye.
Bye

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Beta patch is out.

Hello fellow Watchers! As you may know, we put out a new Patch Beta branch that has our latest fixes for anyone who wants to take advantage of those fixes sooner rather than later. Your save files will work for this branch, so there is no need to start a new game unless you desire to do so. Please feel free to continue to post any bugs you may notice that have not already been reported. Your help finding bugs and giving us feedback has been tremendously helpful and has helped make Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire to be an amazing game! The latest fixes for Build 71 are listed below.

• Fixed mouse functionality issue for users who had their Windows language setting on something other than English.
  • Crew members on Story difficulty can now be killed if they mutiny.
  • Watchers who are hostile to the pirates of Fort Deadlight will find the door to the Court open to prevent the NPCs keeping them in combat without being able to be engaged.
  • Eder's end game state from Pillars 1 has been fixed.
  • Watchers who took the baby orlan in Pillars 1 will now see her in Vilario's Rest.
  • Watchers are now able to subdue Scyorielaphas even if all the wards are destroyed.
  • Change to the Pillars 1 history creator now removes options from the list once a choice has been made to prevent confusion.
  • Various Credit fixes.
  • Various VO fixes to the Vox Machina voice sets.

Sentinel

Arcane
Why is it that Obsidian is so slow with patches? I'm curious, not flaming.

Valve once released 7 patches to Dota 2 in a single day.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Could be Sawyercare prohibiting working on weekends?

Anyway, I hope the new trailer brings wind in the sales.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
LoL this game is soo buggy, i just lost 15,000 gold because the wage trigger got triggered 200 times :argh:,good thing that decided to check if it out and managed to reload.
Also that faggot concelhart is back
44.png

The most tedious battle i have had in my life,that fag is just immune to everything and you have to relay on crits.

Last edited by a moderator:

Parabalus

Arcane
Well here's what I did : sneak my way to devler's row or something, then went back to the pirate's hideout.
Then they accepted to talk and I could bluff.

Wat.

Something that's not really obvious or documented anywhere is that sometimes enemies that are hostile if you're sneaking are not hostile at all if you're just walking normally. I was just in that area using the same passage as you for my second playthrough, and I just tried to approach that Pirate lady without sneaking at all and everyone just let me walk.

If that's intended and not a bug that's pretty fucking rad. :incline:

fantadomat spoiler that shit don't be a dick.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom