Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Bocha

Novice
I think the sales are good, top sales in steam and gog 3 days before release and 18k players all the time. Top 20 with preorders 1 week ago

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
18k players all the time

Enviado desde mi XT1032 mediante Tapatalk

That's a good point, tracking peak players as a proxy for sales kind of sucks but it is a pretty good proxy for how well a game is doing. Maybe it's not Tyranny level bad

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's clearly doing better than Tyranny, worse than PoE1. How much worse we'll only really know on Sunday.

Sentinel

Arcane
possibly_retarded.png

Generic-Giant-Spider

Sales may be down because there's supposed to be some big summer sale coming up in a month from now and the shekelodytes need that 10% discount.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The most tedious battle i have had in my life,that fag is just immune to everything and you have to relay on crits.

Oh please. He is not immune to everything.

Also don't be fag posting spoilers.
Yeah,it turned out that it was a bug the first time,on second try i killed him easily. Also sorry for the spoilers,didn't know that mentioning of a guy that dies in a trash fight will hurt your enjoyment of the game.

Mazisky

Magister
In every rpg i always make and play with female main PC, but this time i am afraid about the fact they added romance, don't wanna see Eder or Aloth or whatever asking me to fuck.

What can i do? :negative:

Sentinel

Arcane
The most tedious battle i have had in my life,that fag is just immune to everything and you have to relay on crits.

Yeah,it turned out that it was a bug the first time,on second try i killed him easily. Also sorry for the spoilers,didn't know that mentioning of a guy that dies in a trash fight will hurt your enjoyment of the game.
did you not kill Concelhaut in PoE1?

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Still no front page for Deadfire on Steam. I wonder if it because they postponed the game for a month, and now Valve don't have an opening for them.

2house2fly

Magister
Infinitron dutifully sends another key, and sensuki gives away that one too. Let's see how long we can spin this out...

AN4RCHID

Arcane
Deadfire is miles better, game hooks you from the start and won't let go.

But is it because of the writing? Thing that hooks me is the setting and the exploration. There's just so much stuff to do and discover, and a lot of it is genuinely delightful -- the locations, the items, the fights, the sheer variety of everything, plus the way the world feels like it exists on its own terms and not just as a theme park for your benefit (more than in most cRPGs anyway). I can't think of many games since BG2 that have given the feeling that there are secrets to discover behind every door and under every rock. So I'm really digging the worldbuilding and the way it's hooked up to a whole bunch of game systems -- the faction reputations, the impact that has on party relations, and so on.

Conversely, I'm not really that interested in what's up with Eothas, nor have I developed any particularly strong fee-fees (pro or con) for any of the companions. (But then TBH that's the case for BG2 as well -- apart from a few really well-delivered monologues for Irenicus, the writing isn't anything to write home about either.)

My take is that the story+background lore is very compelling, but the delivery is still lacking, mainly because of cringe.

I agree that the background lore is good. Deadfire is a cool place and the conflicts between the trading companies and locals seems to be treated fairly well.

I'm not sold on the main story though. I mean, this statue thing is silly right? And the fact that it's the statue from under your house from that one sidequest in the first game.... why. I don't mind the idea of having a war among the gods plot, tbat could actually be kind of cool, but the way they tied it to the PC just seems weird.

Parabalus

Arcane

did you not kill Concelhaut in PoE1?

Im-back_5433289_lrg.jpg

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
But why even use this lense in the first place?

Again, I keep pointing this out, we're not the ones using the lens

But yes OMG Codexers are making such a big deal about this stuff goys!

See, I sympathize with this, but the thing is, right here, right now, the SJWs aren't the ones who are boring me to sleep, you guys are

There's only so many different ways to basically say "This game evokes the general mindset of the liberal millennials who wrote it" before it gets old. Sorry but you do not get a medal from me for noticing the obvious

As it is, anti-SJWs have gotten so paranoid that they're starting to freak out about traditional fantasy kitsch. Like if they went back and watched Xena: Warrior Princess they'd get mad about the strong womyn or something
I cannot afford it.

have fantadomat buy it for you
Almost had a hearth attack when i read this,really nice one mate :lol:.

On another note,has anyone else finished a few of the companion's "quests" ? I have finished three and they don't even feel like quests,they are like "go and talk to some then go and to another person...fin". I finished fanatical girl's quest without knowing it. They are truly disappointing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom