Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Sea shanties are just a wasted opportunity even if they do play. It plays too quiet to really be enjoyed over the enviromental sounds heard while swimming. They should be playing while you're on land as well. Overall audio is by far the weakest par of the game and somebody needs to get a kick in the nuts for fucking it up so badly.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I would love to hear more of the sea shanties. The music is dismal, although I did find Neketaka's theme soothing.

Tygrende

Arbiter
So, does anyone know how I could mod the game to get rid of Blunted Criticals on guns?

Even if they weren't bugged, I don't think guns deserve to have no bonus damage on crits. Their damage was already nerfed to hell and beyond compared to the first game and DT no longer exists. I can't even see the point of using a blunderbuss (maybe except the unique one Serafen comes with because it has slash damage), the average damage of all pellets is only 1 point higher than that of a pistol but with signifcantly less range, penetration and accuracy.

Overall the combat is such a clusterfuck right now, almost everything is either broken or hilariously unbalanced. Not that it matters since the game is way too easy on PotD even with underpowered stuff. Maybe I should just wait for Deadfire 3.0.

Parabalus

Arcane
The only ship I've found that isn't on the merchant is

How does it look? Too anticlimactic? Tho I'm right there on the questline, might get it couple quests later.

Fooking Junk looks like junk :P

a mother fucking submarine

dafuq?

next you'll tell me valians' supersecret ship is a flying one...

It looks cool but stats are <junk.

Do you actually get to pilot the Rautaian on the map? Or is it just in interactions?

The Vallians get

a working teleporter :bounce:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
This thread is pretty depressing,everyone is so hyped on the firsts 20 hours and is praising the game and after they finish the game come out and say that the game is worst than the first PoE. I to was hyped and enjoyed the first 20 hours,but after that the cracks became a lot more obvious. I am pretty certain that they cut 40% of the game's content because they didn't have the money for the VO. POX on them i say!

Mark Richard

Arcane
I'm reading the comments and it seems that characters and writing are some the worse aspects of the game. How the hell did this happen, these are the things Obsidian should excell at, aren't they?
Nothing lasts forever. I'm considering skipping this one because I wasn't merely looking for a good RPG (there's plenty of those, though fewer and fewer from America these days), I was looking for an Obsidian RPG.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I'm reading the comments and it seems that characters and writing are some the worse aspects of the game. How the hell did this happen, these are the things Obsidian should excell at, aren't they?
Nothing lasts forever. I'm considering skipping this one because I wasn't merely looking for a good RPG (there's plenty of those, though fewer and fewer from America these days), I was looking for an Obsidian RPG.

Project Indiana is our only hope.

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
Frankly fantadomat I have no idea how you played through the game reading your posts. I suspect you skipped a big chunk of it and didn't realise it.
ps : i'm closing to the end right now, 45hours, I haven't done all bounties and whatnot, I don't feel let down by the content.
I do however feel let down by the reputation system, the companions and the game difficulty (also there are a few very good fights). But the amount of content, and its diversity, is very satisfying.

ps2 to utter a word, the game feels unpolished more than unfinished imo. Unfinished lets think that it lacks whole areas or complete chapters etc. It's more like the subsystems (boat, rep, factions etc) either don't work properly or shouldn't work like that.

Parabalus

Arcane
Parabalus so you don't see that the game have a ton of cut content? For me it is pretty obvious. It is either because of the VO or it is cut for dlc.

Fake news is because of this

after they finish the game come out and say that the game is worst than the first PoE.

Haven't seen anyone say it's worse than PoE1.

Dunno what is cut or not but game is big. I asked you how much your Bg2 run took because Deadfire is larger, you didn't answer.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
urtt8y.jpg

cool fight this

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Frankly fantadomat I have no idea how you played through the game reading your posts. I suspect you skipped a big chunk of it and didn't realise it.
Didin't i already posted my screenshot of how i finished all the quests and explored the whole map in 27 hours? What is your problem mate? The game is more or less one big city and nothing more. The real content is maybe 20 hours of gameplay. The city is good and cool but it should be the only thing. It is like BG2 being only four blocks of the Athkatla and that it is. The game is clearly unfinished with cut content,if you can't see this obvious fact then that is your problem.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Parabalus so you don't see that the game have a ton of cut content? For me it is pretty obvious. It is either because of the VO or it is cut for dlc.

after they finish the game come out and say that the game is worst than the first PoE.

Dunno what is cut or not but game is big. I asked you how much your Bg2 run took because Deadfire is larger, you didn't answer.
Sorry mate i forgot about the question. Well it took me maybe 50-60 hours to finish the game. Honestly don't remember it that well,it was maybe a year ago. Still it took me no less than 40 hours and i used the teleportation keys to move fast. The two games are not even close in comparison when it comes to content. Also i pickpocketed every single person in both games. Did you finished PoE2?

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dude it's fine and all if you managed to speed it up like that, I don't care.
What baffles me is that you're going bananas over the lack of content, when anybody playing this can only be at a loss reading your posts. Especially when you write that poe1 is better.

Anyway, no need to be upset dude. This kind of stuff gets fact-checked in due time.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
I dunno, if I can get 30 hours out of a game I consider it enough. Don't really understand why people were expecting some absurd amount of time out of Deadfire since the frist PoE is also a "30 hour" game.

Parabalus

Arcane
urtt8y.jpg

cool fight this

The funny part is the body which triggers it has a note suggesting that you run the fuck away.

Sorry mate i forgot about the question. Well it took me maybe 50-60 hours to finish the game. Honestly don't remember it that well,it was maybe a year ago. Still it took me no less than 40 hours and i used the teleportation keys to move fast. The two games are not even close in comparison when it comes to content. Also i pickpocketed every single person in both games. Did you finished PoE2?

Ye, took me i think 35ish, that's more than modded bg2:EE (so bigger than SoA), which was maybe 20ish. 50-60 hours is maybe Bg1+SoD+Bg2+ToB, no way you can spend 50-60 hours in SoA and 25 in Deadfire, even if you played on normal.

I looked up quest numbers, SoA has 57 and Deadfire has 81 without bounties. No way the former is 2x larger than Deadfire like you suggest.

Last edited:

2house2fly

Magister

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
The funny part is the body which triggers it has a note suggesting that you run the fuck away.

I mean it's pretty obvious that there's rape a-coming considering all the corpses around it.

And yes, I did read the note first, which made it even more obvious. But as they say, the Blood Ravens force commander enters every place marked as "verboten".

What are some of the games you consider to have average writing?

Any that aren't making me feel like clawing my eyes out.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I did the quest in the animancy tower where they test a portal
you spoke to rymgard, and when he threatens you to dissolve your soul he actually did it (Insta game over screen like messing with lady of pain in planescape torment) if you are an asshole to him. That was a great encounter, and preceded ny a nice boss battle. That totally breaks my sense of security and power trip, which is always good moment to have especially when you curbstomp everything before, then suddenly went all cocky with the god of fucking entropy
:incline:
LMAO

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Wouldn't Icewind Dale be more comparable to PoE2 than BG2? IIRC it lasts about 35 hours.
I looked up quest numbers, SoA has 57 and Deadfire has 81 without bounties. No way the former is 2x larger than Deadfire like you suggest.
What the hell, that's a lot :what:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom