Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire + DLC Thread - now with turn-based combat!

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I trust that this won't deter you from making sweeping statements about future patches and DLC? :M

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I've tried that. I just tried out Dex, since it's Unity as well, but it doesn't crash. Might be because it's 2D. I like AMDs because I've found they don't have problems with older games, while nVidias frequently do.
Well it seems that you got cut out from the future of gaming,go back to MM and BG games :). Have you tried a few other unity games? Go get a few bananas in zamunda and try out some different games. What win do you run? It could be PoE shit. Also try out different directX versions and visualc++,it could be that you miss some of them.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I trust that this won't deter you from making sweeping statements about future patches and DLC? :M
It is not like all the people here had finished the game mate,or even the most. A lot people wrote informative post even before playing the game. Most people in this thread just praise the game because they have started 20 times and haven't seen anything past the first island.

Sentinel

Arcane
Finished it. Basically not worth anyone's time. Story isn't good, items are worthless, fights aren't good.

Obsidian's definitely dead. I'll check back on their pulse in the next DLC release.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
I'm thinking of playing PoE2 but I dont have my PoE1 saves, is there enough reaction to your choices in the previous game to justify playing the first again to get those saves?

I've read the games files extensively. Just about every decision you make in every quest in PoE1 will be recognized at some point.

There's a custom history editor if you don't want to replay PoE1, but I suggest refreshing yourself with all the quests over on the wiki first.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
are you sure the card is installed in the pci-e x16 slot? i seen posts of some people who put it in the x4 slot and were complaining on OBS forums.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Besides the absolutely fascinating discussion #74 about Pen/AR vs DR, is this add-on good ?
Say, I want more actual high level shit in deadfire (ie. I want big monsters to blow up and cool items to loot) and new original hot shit, should I get it ?

It's a good add-on in everything but the combat, which scales from bland to awful.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
AMD RX460. Trust me, I've tried everything and tested everything extensively. It doesn't crash in any game that doesn't use Unity, yet inevitably crashes if it is Unity.
Yeah,amd are shit cards for gaming. I had a lot of problems with amd cards in the past,after that i just decided to fuck them off and bought nvidia. Try out older drivers,i mean a few year old ones.
^ Nvidia's PR machine's tactics in effect.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
Has anyone tried the new challenge modes yet? Magrans challenge is already virtually impossible, and there are 8 more of them coming in future patches.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
are you sure the card is installed in the pci-e x16 slot? i seen posts of some people who put it in the x4 slot and were complaining on OBS forums.
It's literally the same model card in the same slot, but PoE and Shadowrun crash the video drivers.

Lacrymas

Arcane
I tried that, obviously. I'm pretty sure it's the card and I'm going to force them to RMA it tomorrow (again), even though it only crashes in Mozilla and Unity games (I tested it with D:OS2 and Grim Dawn, it works fine) I don't want it to start crashing anywhere else.

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I tried that, obviously. I'm pretty sure it's the card and I'm going to force them to RMA it tomorrow (again), even though it only crashes in Mozilla and Unity games (I tested it with D:OS2 and Grim Dawn, it works fine) I don't want it to start crashing anywhere else.

TRy mozilla on linux and see if it crashs

Lacrymas

Arcane
It's not the drivers, I've tested a lot of them. It's the card because I don't get crashes when I run it with the integrated graphics.

Lacrymas

Arcane
No, all the drivers crash. I'm not particularly comfortable with underclocking or undervolting because I might fuck it up and void my warranty. Besides, if that works, wouldn't that mean the card is faulty anyway?

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
No, all the drivers crash. I'm not particularly comfortable with underclocking or undervolting because I might fuck it up and void my warranty. Besides, if that works, wouldn't that mean the card is faulty anyway?

You are RMA-ing 2 rx 460 cards by now correct??? How is it possible that they have same problem??

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom