Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire + DLC Thread - now with turn-based combat!

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I can't even tell if you're just a very good troll or actually delusional.
I honestly think that it is an obsidian dev or a shill,maybe the intern that also is responsible for the twatter.

I can't even tell if you're just a very good troll or actually delusional.
It might really be Bubbles posting with an alt for some reason.
Who is bubbles?

ArchAngel

Arcane
Yes, when the writing itself is infinitely boring and basically nothing, there is a tendency to invent your own narrative. Kinda like that "POE1 is about unanswered questions
A character literally asks you "What if we can be assured of nothing?" in a scene that echoes the nature of a man.

Interestingly, Forgotten realms handled this question quite very well with the Time of Troubles. At its end, people realize that if they have faith and die for good reasons they are going to live forever in a blessed condition. This leads to heroes doing suicidal things in the righteous causes depriving the evil gods of worshippers.

If you *are* sure of a better afterworld, why and how would you live by any other belief?

PoE can not even compete with FR. What a shitshow.
Actually that happened because of new God of Death - Kelemvor. He decided to enforce his own rules on what happens when mortals die and that didn't end well. When people started dying a lot more than normal because of being stupidly heroic (one of the examples was random idiots charging evil Dragons around Faerun) Kelemvor went back to being TN God of Death and letting other Gods care for what happens to their followers.

Fairfax

Arcane
It's on -25% sale three months after release, that should tell you everything you need to know about reception.
It did very well with the people who bought it.

Have to be careful trying to attract casuals. The last deep discount Pillars 1 received got it a lot of negative Steam reviews.
WLmSFJo.png

The only outlier is June 2017, which was when Paradox's regional pricing debacle happened. 68% positive in the last 30 days, though. :M

Sentinel

Arcane
can y'all upload/share your AI scripts

i'm too lazy to do my own... <(' '<)
I only run AI on auto attack mode 'cause the AI is too fucking stupid to do anything else properly and the scripting tool is too obtuse for me to set up quickly and I ain't gonna waste time on that shit when I can just use the spells myself.

Shadenuat

Arcane
can y'all upload/share your AI scripts

i'm too lazy to do my own... <(' '<)
I only run AI on auto attack mode 'cause the AI is too fucking stupid to do anything else properly and the scripting tool is too obtuse for me to set up quickly and I ain't gonna waste time on that shit when I can just use the spells myself.
I have all ai turned off at all times

Not even allowing auto attacks. Like, what if my fighter/paladin auto attacks, and due to heavy armor, when I need to cast heal, is in his what it feels like an hour long recovery mode? better have him not do anything but eat hits as long as I may need heals. :M

This place was rooting for it to fail
By gibing Obsidian lotsa moneys :shittydog:

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Even the auto-attack AI scripts are annoying because everyone runs in at the same time, colliding with each other and somehow my Priest always ends up there first and gets slaughtered, instead of my tank, so I have to pause and tell them to go in the proper conga line...

Shadenuat

Arcane
agree with most of what Safav said, except that I have no idea how this would take ten hours, 4-6 depending on difficulty level is more like it, and there's a flaw that's not really that big of a deal but

Durance kind of shows up and they absolutely fucked up. Bad dialogue, doesn't sound like him at all
where is he?
do you have to jack into someone in particular during inquisitor boring portalkingdom?
what happens? couldn't find

maybe it depends on save state.

i demand my fanservice :deadhorse:

Last edited:

Flou

Arbiter
Hm, I imagine that a writer team of that size at the very least ensures a unified direction.

Turns out I was wrong. They had 3 narrative designers working on the DLC. Scokel, Dollarhyde and Kirsch. With additional writing by Matt MacLean, Sawyer and Ian McNichol (Q&A guy who has since moved onto Telltale games to work as Q&A).

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Source for Carrie working on Project Indiana?
She's not on the DLCs, and she still works at Obsidian, so she must be on theirother project. Pillars is finished after all.
Didn't he leave?
As Chris Avellone revealed, MacLean was supposed to be the lead on the Deadfire DLCs, but he quit instead. He's credited for his pre-production work.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Wait Matt Maclean quit? Where does he even work now

I am trying to find out what happens to Devil of Caroc if you good ending devil of Caroc, last run I had her get torn apart and her armor ended up in the shop

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
FYI, Safav Hamon's IP address is not in the same country as Bubbles.

She's not on the DLCs, and she still works at Obsidian, so she must be on theirother project. Pillars is finished after all.

If she's no longer on Pillars, she could also be working on pitches for new games, as Anthony Davis was doing a while back.

Lacrymas

Arcane
I am trying to find out what happens to Devil of Caroc if you good ending devil of Caroc, last run I had her get torn apart and her armor ended up in the shop

Spoilers for one of her endings, I guess?

The other ending has her resigning to the bottom of the ocean. Afaik, she isn't in PoE2 and fishing her out would be extremely cheap and would invalidate her choice, so I don't think they'd do that.

Flou

Arbiter
Wait Matt Maclean quit? Where does he even work now

Most likely working on a steamboat somewhere. He hasn't updated his LinkedIn in a long time nor does he have any other social media accounts (that I could find quickly).

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
Does Maganeda Marsh ring a bell to anyone? How about Ngati Tara Bay or the Sanctuary Isles? Are they in the game?

Lacrymas

Arcane
And you get away with a lot of trolling or genuine false opinions, but here we are.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom