Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Peter makes people insane with giant sausage penises

hiver

Peter Molyneux went on a podcast last month. The IGN one, it was. It's pretty funny - worth a listen. The UK team, presenting from Germany at Gamescom, are messing with sausages and such like. Titter-worthy stuff.

They're larking about, discussing Kinect, forgetting release dates and generally indulging in amusing chitchat. Peter's joining in, telling mirthful, mum-friendly anecdotes about German attitudes to violence and caressing chickens.

And then... oh man. Here it goes. Peter says this:

"Well, [here's] an interesting fact that may or not be true. One of the sausages reminds me of the first prototype we had of the Black & White 1 creature."

Bit odd, but nothing to get over-excited about, right? Deep breath. Seriously. Deep breath.

"I for some reason had this obsession to make them anatomically correct. So the first version of this giant ape had this sort of beautifully physically correct - I'm going to say the word - penis dangling between its legs... which morphed depending on how excited your creature was."

Shock. Flame-bearded IGN man Martin Robinson retorts - with what any sane man would.

"My God."

But he's a pro, is Martin. Knows he's got to get things back on a journalistic footing.

"Was it a good penis or an evil penis?"

Brilliant.

Molyneux continues: "The idea was [that] there was going to be two creatures... I don't know what was going through my mind. I wasn't even on class A drugs! It was this bizarre thing. Especially in America! Even if you show nipples they go insane, rating it under-the-counter product. It just goes to show you just how rubbish I am as a designer, really."

Stop press? Not yet. That's nothing.

"They did actually model it - and the artist that modelled it ended up going completely insane. [He] threatened to knife me... absolutely true story. He went on to found Media Molecule. Chap called Mark Healey.

"Driven mad by making huge, sausage-like penises on apes - that's the sort of thing I get people to do at Lionhead."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/ar ... ?id=264012

racofer

Thread Incliner
2im51qe.png

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Looks like working in the videogames industry is a risky job. MCA's dog threatened, Peter Molineux threatened...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom