Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Pete Hines interview at Edge

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
taxacaria said:
Todd agrees. (in an Interview at Gamasutra about Fallout)
...trying to make a better game than our last.
>>interview<<

Toddy knows that Oblivion sucks, he prefers Ultima.

Toddler Dumbhead said:
The Ultima series is still my favorite, and probably is still my biggest inspiration as far as presenting a fully realized world in a game. Ultima 4 to 7 are so ahead of their time it's just unbelievable.

His biggest inspiration? Why then are the NPCs in Ultima 7 feeling more alive than those in Oblivion? And where the heck is the moralic stuff that was in the Ultimas? The great puzzles and storylines?

Strangely, the games made back then ALL were a lot better than the stuff made today. And if Oblivion is also ahead of its time, we'll have a very bad time coming to us. Really.

Lumpy

Arcane
Sovy Kurosei said:
elander_ said:
It's nice that they are giving players a chance to skip the cure vampirism quest. That quest was very tedious and boring:
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Vampire_Cure

Otherwise there's nothing to get from the interview. It's just to get the usual blow job from the press.

Looking at that webpage I found this:

Article said:
A much easier vampire cure, the Font of Renewal, is made available if you buy the official plugin Deepscorn Hollow.

So if you can't figure out how to cure vampirism why not just make a plug-in that cures you without doing the "long and difficult" quest? :wink:
Because then it would be cheating!!
No, really, that's the explanation you'd get at TESF.

Lumpy

Arcane
There was a 4 volume novel in Oblivion. V 2 and 4 were available in shops, there was only one copy of V3 in the University library, and V1 was ultra-rare random loot.
Nuff said.

And the vampirism thing is pure Bethesda. The quest in Oblivion was boring, so the obvious solution would be to remove it completely? WTF?

slak

Novice
GhanBuriGhan said:
You are on a rail too, but you get to write your own timetable.
I actually thought that comment was OK, but the vampirism one is ouch.

No, being able to just ignore the main quest without any consequence makes it useless and uninteresting to pursue.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom