Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Persona 5

vota DC

Augur
But I meant that 90% of them are interaction about Phantom Thieves activity waiting the input of Joker. Persona 4 had more activity outside It: stuff like Ryuji's "Operation Maidwatch" is common.

Maybe interaction inside dungeon Is better. 4 has the Shadow itself that help to develope characters but outside It you don't hear them much while in 5 they are never protagonist of a dungeon but they interact more, for example Ryuji always gives his input (destroy a device that seems too complex, rush a palace, the awesome bikini plan) even after the Kamoshida palace.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
It kinda makes sense that you're hardly aware what they're doing when they're not orbitting you, because it's a life sim game offering a single perspective exclusively
Also would it really be interesting at all that Makoto asked Ann for a hand buying panties or whatever other dumb anime development envisioned

Silva

Arcane
The whole life simulation part was very interesting, I have never played a game like this. I got really into it and tried to optimize my days while leveling the confidants in the most effective way. I probably did a very poor job compared to the pros out there but it was fun.
Except Royal purposefully makes it piss easy to maximize all confidants in a single playthrough.

Go back to base P5 if you want the need to plan and prioritize as it's very difficult to maximize all confidants. You know, like in an actual game, instead of a VN for retardos that Royal is.

vota DC

Augur
It shouldn't be a problem with new game plus. With 4 I needed It, with royal I maxed everyone (except faith that Is capped to 5) in December.

With 4 I did't wasted time but still had to finish fortune (I maxed courage late), hermit, death, hanged one and jester (was just level 2 and then was locked....eh I prioritized characters of same age... after all that detective was always around with the uncle... )

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Persona 5 and 5R are probably the best selling games in the series, which has helped overall series sales numbers.
Capture_decran_2023-11-01_a_14.50.20.png

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Persona 5 Tactica "accidentally" released a week early. My thoughts: They know it looks like bad, and tried to do this FOMO tactic, so those that are hyped rush to buy it.

Tavar

Cipher
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Persona 5 Tactica "accidentally" released a week early. My thoughts: They know it looks like bad, and tried to do this FOMO tactic, so those that are hyped rush to buy it.
Hm... according to Wikipedia, it was only available for twenty minutes. I think that's too short to be deliberate. Given that versions of P4G, P3P and P5S were also accidently uploaded without Denuvo, I think it's just incompetence.

Anonymous Ranger

Literate
Hm... according to Wikipedia, it was only available for twenty minutes. I think that's too short to be deliberate. Given that versions of P4G, P3P and P5S were also accidently uploaded without Denuvo, I think it's just incompetence.
I agree with that as well. Back when P5 Tactica and Persona 3 Reloaded were first announced they accidently put up the trailers of them on social media before the official reveal. They have a very long history of doing dumb things like this.

Looking at Persona 5 Tactica, and hearing from that one leaker that seems to be the real deal that the Persona team really wanted to remake Persona 1 and 2, makes me wonder if Persona 6 might have tactical combat along the lines of Tactica. The smaller combat areas of Tactica could easily be fitted into something along the lines of the original Persona game’s grid based combat system which used formations.

If there was going to be some combat related shift, Persona 6 seems like the time it’d happen given Katsura Hashino (and I’m sure a number of people from P-Studio) formed Studio Zero, and Persona 6 should be new people running the show.

Tavar

Cipher
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
So, I spent 1 euro for 14 days of Game Pass to check out Persona 5 Tactica and I can report that it is super boring and feels like a mobile game. This is the second P5 spin off which I played after Strikers and I just don't get the appeal of these games. They cannot tell any meaningful story because the original story of P5 is already so elaborate and dramatic that anything which has to work on its own will fall flat. Given that these games also have different (meaning "worse") gameplay, I cannot enjoy them just for the gameplay either. They must sell, otherwise Atlus wouldn't make so many of them, but I don't understand why.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Tranny game.
Honestly, looks more of a Citroen H than a Tranny...
There was zero need to retardo his post btw.

So, I spent 1 euro for 14 days of Game Pass to check out Persona 5 Tactica and I can report that it is super boring and feels like a mobile game.
Persona 5 is a dating sim with light combat. No idea why they thought they could milk a tactics game out of it.

Tranny game.
Honestly, looks more of a Citroen H than a Tranny...
There was zero need to retardo his post btw.

So, I spent 1 euro for 14 days of Game Pass to check out Persona 5 Tactica and I can report that it is super boring and feels like a mobile game.
Persona 5 is a dating sim with light combat. No idea why they thought they could milk a tactics game out of it.

No, Persona 5 (and every Persona since 3) is a dungeon crawler with a time management game as it’s “town” section. It’s basically a blobber (although not first person) where you spend two turns raising stats or working jobs every time you return to town.

I’m not even sure the dating aspect of the game even works like a dating sim game, it’s just part of the Social Link system that helps you either directly or indirectly during combat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom