Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Persona 5

Bikit

Novice
guys, what about characters? many mainstream shitmedia like gamespot and game informer thay that ryuji shit charecter

TigerKnee

Arcane
In Japan, they don't care why you rocked the boat. They care that you rocked it.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Exactly!

My ex-con ass is sure the fuck glad I'm not in Japan. This dude stops a rape and people treat him like he's the devil in a school uniform. I'd be sent to live in the mountains.
the dude is some kind of influential politician who intimidated the woman into changing her testimony.

meanwhile in RL amerikwa you can get arrested for sending some kike an animated gif on twitter.
They don't need to be intimidated. They are doing it willingly. Who would give her money. Politician. Who she don't give a fuck about? That brat.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I have ramped up the difficulty to hard, and I recommend the same to you all. Normal is too easy.

Liking the game so far. Trying to collect all the demons.

I'm finishing the first dungeon I think, I hope the first boss is good.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Got the game today with express mail, that was fast.

So, played a couple of hours, still in the early highly linear tutorial, but fuck me the presentation is amazing, the talking head portraits are gorgeous, the coloring is gorgeous, the art direction, the sound track, even the English voice overs are well done.

I'm having a blast, for shame a lot of codexers still look down on console gaming, we are getting some gems this generation.

GarlandExCon

Arcane
Oh my God there is so much text in this game. I'll be glad when I get past the Kawakami dungeon ("palace") because it is basically a gigantic fucking tutorial. I don't feel free to play freely right now and suppressed as fuck. Persona 4 was similar, but not as bad. BUT when I was finally allowed free reign in Persona 4 it was wonderful so I suspect the same here. Just more bitter before I get to the super sweet.

roll-a-die

Magister
Oh my God there is so much text in this game. I'll be glad when I get past the Kawakami dungeon ("palace") because it is basically a gigantic fucking tutorial. I don't feel free to play freely right now and suppressed as fuck. Persona 4 was similar, but not as bad. BUT when I was finally allowed free reign in Persona 4 it was wonderful so I suspect the same here. Just more bitter before I get to the super sweet.
The next dungeon is pretty structured and plot gated too. It has forced me to leave it, twice now.

The stories pacing is a lot more structured and well done because of it though.

EDIT: To the point where a a character ridiculous introduction statement that I just got too was incredibly well done and even felt right. Because the narrative of that character had had time to brew essentially. Unlike the first persona beyond the Protag's(Ryuji) or Ann's, this one felt appropriate, and the words he used after it awakened didn't feel as overwrought as I thought they'd feel after having been spoiled on them.

This game has been exceeding my expectations, and I'm consistently whimsical and chuckling sitting here playing it. I haven't been able to say that in a long while about a game.

Last edited:
Repressed Homosexual
http://atlus.com/note-persona-5-streaming/
A Note on Persona 5 and Streaming
Silky_Battle2-195x111.png

Oh boy, it’s a big day for ATLUS today. It took us a while (pause for Winter 2014 joke), but Persona 5 is finally out in the West! Seriously, we poured countless hours into making the game as perfect as it can be, and words can’t explain how excited we are for you all to finally be playing it. Some of you might be saying “this is totally just PR speak,” but I’m telling you it’s not. All of us at ATLUS in Japan and America worked our freaking butts off to make sure Persona 5 is worthy of having the Persona name.

We know this game means a lot to our fans, and we’re literally SO, SO HAPPY that you can now suit up with the Phantom Thieves and cause some havoc in Tokyo. Word of advice to newcomers of the game: *deep breath* MAKE SURE TO CHECK YOUR CALENDAR AND NOT WAIT UNTIL THE VERY LAST DAY TO STEAL SOMEONE’S TREASURE. REMEMBER TO SEND OUT A CALLING CARD BEFOREHAND OR ELSE ONLY PROFOUND SADNESS AWAITS. Oh, and save often.

Ok, now let’s talk Persona 5 streaming and videos. Simply put, we don’t want the experience to be spoiled for people who haven’t played the game. Our fans have waited years for the game to come out and we really want to make sure they can experience it fully as a totally new adventure. Please read our video/streaming guidelines below:

Please, PLEASE do not post any specific plot points or story spoilers, and only talk about the game in broad strokes. (Good example: “The game deals with dark themes right off the bat, with a lecherous teacher and other corrupted individuals.” Bad example: “Players immediately run into trouble with the pervy teacher *spoiler*, whose actions go so far as to cause *spoiler*.”)

You’re more than welcome to talk/show Confidants, the new combat, the Velvet Room, the dungeons, etc. Just please keep in mind that as a singular story playthrough, viewers are *highly* wary of spoilers!

In-game Content Limit: Please limit video content through the in-game date of 7/7.

Video Content

• You can post however many additional videos you’d like, but please limit each to be at most 90 minutes long.
  • No major story spoilers, and I’ll leave that up to your good judgment. If you need some guidelines, avoid showing/spoiling the ending segments of the first three palaces. While you can show initial interactions with Yusuke, avoid his awakening scene, and that whole deal about THE painting. Also, don’t post anything about a certain student investigator.
  • I know I mentioned not showing the end of each palace, but you can grab footage from the Kamoshida boss fight. However, don’t capture video from the other major boss fights.
  • Must not focus solely on cutscenes/animated scenes, should prominently feature dungeon crawling/spending time in Tokyo.
  • You can post straight gameplay or have commentary.
Streaming Content

This being a Japanese title with a single-playthrough story means our masters in Japan are very wary about it. Sharing is currently blocked through the native PS4 UI. However, if you do plan on streaming, video guidelines above apply except length. If you decide to stream past 7/7 (I HIGHLY RECOMMEND NOT DOING THIS, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED), you do so at the risk of being issued a content ID claim or worse, a channel strike/account suspension.

That being said, Persona 5 is a super special case for us and we’re in ongoing discussion about how our policies may evolve in the future. Thanks for reading and good luck in the Metaverse.

Atlus fighting the good fight for everyone. Streamers are annoying. The bums lost! Get a job, sir!

If I was a YouTube let's player, I would post videos of all this on a Russian video streaming site where they can't do shit and link to it, just to piss them off.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Man, the game really wants you to feel unwelcome and unwanted. Even your parents ditched you. Total opposite of P4. Trying to find the right way around the train station, even though it employed barriers, really nailed that feeling of being lost in a new and big city. So far this game is nothing but excellence, even if the intro is a bit on the long side.

rbenchley

Educated
Patron
From everything that I've read so far, this game sounds like a system seller. I'm thinking about going on the hunt for a bargain PS3
The game rules and is well worth a purchase. One thing to keep in mind is that the game is up and running in RPCS3, so emulation is a possibility if you have a fast computer. It's still using the interpreter core instead of the recompiler, but they're making amazing progress and will hopefully have it running at full speed somewhat soon.

GarlandExCon

Arcane
Fuck you atlus for not allowing me to take screenshots or videos of the game...

Fallout new Vegas easter egg?

29bf1a6dd97c957cf644d15df0460219.jpg

Lol! You're like me. "They took my screenshots but they didn't take this phone nigga! *click* *click*"

GarlandExCon

Arcane
http://atlus.com/note-persona-5-streaming/
A Note on Persona 5 and Streaming
Silky_Battle2-195x111.png

Oh boy, it’s a big day for ATLUS today. It took us a while (pause for Winter 2014 joke), but Persona 5 is finally out in the West! Seriously, we poured countless hours into making the game as perfect as it can be, and words can’t explain how excited we are for you all to finally be playing it. Some of you might be saying “this is totally just PR speak,” but I’m telling you it’s not. All of us at ATLUS in Japan and America worked our freaking butts off to make sure Persona 5 is worthy of having the Persona name.

We know this game means a lot to our fans, and we’re literally SO, SO HAPPY that you can now suit up with the Phantom Thieves and cause some havoc in Tokyo. Word of advice to newcomers of the game: *deep breath* MAKE SURE TO CHECK YOUR CALENDAR AND NOT WAIT UNTIL THE VERY LAST DAY TO STEAL SOMEONE’S TREASURE. REMEMBER TO SEND OUT A CALLING CARD BEFOREHAND OR ELSE ONLY PROFOUND SADNESS AWAITS. Oh, and save often.

Ok, now let’s talk Persona 5 streaming and videos. Simply put, we don’t want the experience to be spoiled for people who haven’t played the game. Our fans have waited years for the game to come out and we really want to make sure they can experience it fully as a totally new adventure. Please read our video/streaming guidelines below:

Please, PLEASE do not post any specific plot points or story spoilers, and only talk about the game in broad strokes. (Good example: “The game deals with dark themes right off the bat, with a lecherous teacher and other corrupted individuals.” Bad example: “Players immediately run into trouble with the pervy teacher *spoiler*, whose actions go so far as to cause *spoiler*.”)

You’re more than welcome to talk/show Confidants, the new combat, the Velvet Room, the dungeons, etc. Just please keep in mind that as a singular story playthrough, viewers are *highly* wary of spoilers!

In-game Content Limit: Please limit video content through the in-game date of 7/7.

Video Content

• You can post however many additional videos you’d like, but please limit each to be at most 90 minutes long.
  • No major story spoilers, and I’ll leave that up to your good judgment. If you need some guidelines, avoid showing/spoiling the ending segments of the first three palaces. While you can show initial interactions with Yusuke, avoid his awakening scene, and that whole deal about THE painting. Also, don’t post anything about a certain student investigator.
  • I know I mentioned not showing the end of each palace, but you can grab footage from the Kamoshida boss fight. However, don’t capture video from the other major boss fights.
  • Must not focus solely on cutscenes/animated scenes, should prominently feature dungeon crawling/spending time in Tokyo.
  • You can post straight gameplay or have commentary.
Streaming Content

This being a Japanese title with a single-playthrough story means our masters in Japan are very wary about it. Sharing is currently blocked through the native PS4 UI. However, if you do plan on streaming, video guidelines above apply except length. If you decide to stream past 7/7 (I HIGHLY RECOMMEND NOT DOING THIS, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED), you do so at the risk of being issued a content ID claim or worse, a channel strike/account suspension.

That being said, Persona 5 is a super special case for us and we’re in ongoing discussion about how our policies may evolve in the future. Thanks for reading and good luck in the Metaverse.

Atlus fighting the good fight for everyone. Streamers are annoying. The bums lost! Get a job, sir!

If I was a YouTube let's player, I would post videos of all this on a Russian video streaming site where they can't do shit and link to it, just to piss them off.

The whole thing is stupid. If people don't want it spoiler, they just won't watch the streams. I think they're legally in the wrong, too. I don't think they can really stop people from saying anything or showing themselves playing a game they've purchased. Someone should sue and create a legal precedent.

Malpercio

Arcane
Don't worry, she's pure, can't have a non virgin-heroine in a waifu game.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
The whole thing is stupid. If people don't want it spoiler, they just won't watch the streams. I think they're legally in the wrong, too. I don't think they can really stop people from saying anything or showing themselves playing a game they've purchased. Someone should sue and create a legal precedent.

You're naive in the way of the internet if you think avoiding streams will result in you avoiding spoilers. Ignoring the internet is the only fool proof way of doing it. If something is popular enough then it's quite easy to have things spoiled for you in unrelated places, especially since there are special kinds of people who love to go and yell spoilers in the most random places. Of course screwing over streamers isn't going to stop that from happening.

GarlandExCon

Arcane

You're naive in the way of the internet if you think avoiding streams will result in you avoiding spoilers. Ignoring the internet is the only fool proof way of doing it. If something is popular enough then it's quite easy to have things spoiled for you in unrelated places, especially since there are special kinds of people who love to go and yell spoilers in the most random places. Of course screwing over streamers isn't going to stop that from happening.

Oh I totally agree, which is why I think Atlus is being ridiculous.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Lol! You're like me. "They took my screenshots but they didn't take this phone nigga! *click* *click*"
Yeah, the share button on this console gen is one of tmny favorite features, it's so easy to stream or post screens and videos to YouTube, Facebook or tweeter.

Dumfucks at atlus seem to think it would prevent Spoilers, in this day and age it boggles the mind.
They give no fucks with the dialogue, the amount of cuss words, insults and misogyny is awesome.

bminorkey

i never played a persona game but this ones been really fun so far (im in 3rd dungeon)

SO MUCH CONTENT

Jinn

Arcane
i never played a persona game but this ones been really fun so far (im in 3rd dungeon)

SO MUCH CONTENT

Nice! Where does that leave you in terms of hours played?

I'm about halfway through the second true dungeon and am sitting at around 20 hours.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom