Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Persona 5

2017 worldwide means 2018 in Europe means ??? in Poland. And all propably because of dat NeoPS4 bullshit.

Damn, now I'm really afraid of PS3's port fate.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Maybe if they hadn't spent 5 years doing bullshit rehashes of Persona 4 we could have gotten P5 sooner. Because we really needed to play Persona 4: Ultimax Ultrasonic Jam Collection Racing Dance-Beat Edition.

Martius

Liturgist
2017 worldwide means 2018 in Europe means ??? in Poland. And all propably because of dat NeoPS4 bullshit.

Damn, now I'm really afraid of PS3's port fate.
Who knows. So far Persona spinoff got pretty fast releases here in spite of other games. In worst case game wont be region locked to allow imports.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They will announce that they have an announcement to announce an announcement.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Dat new trailer.

9c0.jpg

This game looks incredibly good. Release date 15.9.2016, at least for Japan. 2017 for the west, I think.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Man I would've already worked by the time this come out in English. Hope I would still have time to play

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Still going to be on the PS3?

Excellent.
Eh don't be happy yet. They could translate only the PS4 version. I remember some Japan games that was both in PS3 and PS4 in Japan only get PS4 release in the west.

tet666

Augur
I really don't get why Atlus is so adamant about not releasing their games at least on PC they don't even have a exclusivity deal with Sony do they really hate western money that much?
Even shit tier company's like Idea Factory make a killing with steam ports, pretty much only Atlus is left with none of their JRPGs on steam, wtf is wrong with them if even frikkin Nep Nep is selling good, Persona would top the charts on steam .
I read Sega Sammy actually tried to force them to release some of their games on Steam in the west and they faced heavy resistance from the Atlus management, it's beyond stupid at this point.

Last edited:

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Or they trust consoles/handhelds too much. Last Atlus PC game was that failed MMO, wasn't it?

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
They're just out of touch with the Western market. PC gaming is hardly a thing in Japan.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I've never been so enthusiastic about a FUCKING USER INTERFACE before. It's stylistic genius.
I haven't seen any UI this breath-taking since I started playing games when I was fucking 5.

tet666

Augur
They're just out of touch with the Western market. PC gaming is hardly a thing in Japan.

Hardly anything beside mobile gaming is a thing in Japan now which is not surprising, people there are working pretty much 24/7 these days to stay alive and if they are not working they travel from work home or back.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I think Atlust might honestly hate the west.
I thought they just hate PAL region?

"All western pigs must burn" - a casual exchange between two Atlus employees during their coffee break.
That's not far from the truth. You ever play the first SMT game? Who was one of the most common enemies? That's, right soldiers. What kind? US ARMY. How did you take care of them? Demons. Some even from hell.

Coincidence? I think not.

lightbane

Arcane
The art style has been certainly improved. I pity those with epileptic issues though, this game will wreck them.
Also, I wonder if once-again spending one afternoon with one of your teammates and listen to their inane issues will be enough to convince them to die for you. :M

EDIT: Is that fatty, bald, rich man stereotype turning/possessed by Belzeebub? Subtle.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Translated videos:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom