Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Persona 4 Golden - out on Steam

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Persona 4 Gold for PC is confirmed, will be released on June 13

Considering that P4G was released in 2012, I think, this means we can expect Persona 5 Royal PC Port in 2027!!! :bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Honestly, I'd just be happy to have the definitive version not locked away on proprietary hardware that isn't manufactured anymore. If it runs on PC, someone will find a way to keep the game alive forever.

The whole SMT PS2 era would be instant rebuys for me on PC.

just learn to use emulators

cruel

Cipher
Some people say (youtube) that both P4G and Persona 3 (FES?) will be coming to Steam.

Good news. Both are better games than P5.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
P3 is garbage. I don't see how anyone can think it's better than 5. You can't even control your party members

Jinn

Arcane
Yeah, Persona 3 is the shittiest Persona in existence for sure. Terrible random dungeons with bland and boring visual design, can't control party members, annoying and repetitive gameplay loop that wears out its welcome long before the end of the game.

I'll definitely be buying Persona 4 even though I'm not the biggest fan of it either, but I don't know if I can bring myself to buy 3 even if it's just to help encourage bringing mainline SMT and better spin-offs to PC. Would buy Persona 1 and 2 in a heartbeat though.

Dodo1610

Arcane
There is no way P3 Portable will be ported on PC that game has fewer cutscenes, worse graphics, lacks content compared to the PS2 version. If it was up to me they should add the PSP stuff to the PS2 version and make a remaster but that will never happen.

Last edited:

Readher

Savant
There is no way P3Fes wil be ported on PC that game has less cutscenes, worse graphics, lacks content compared to the PS2 version. If it was up to me they should add the PSP stuff to the PS2 version and make a remaster but that will never happen.

Fes is the PS2 version though. All leaks so far point to P3P being announced alongside P4G (no info about releasing on June 13th though), though it's unknown what form the game will truly have.

This was in relation to P4G being "confirmed":
gjrOxjc.png

And this about PC in general in the near future (not necessarily Sega/Atlus related):
4jJGq35.png

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
If Epic funds Atlus to port all Etrian games as proper PC games I'd prop them. But if Epic is involved it would be about something big, like Persona 5 or even SMT 5 port (this is Unreal Engine game after all).

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Do we have an active JRPG moderator? Renaming the thread to Persona Series General or Atlus General would make a lot of sense.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Do we have an active JRPG moderator? Renaming the thread to Persona Series General or Atlus General would make a lot of sense.

I think SMT has its own thread tho. It's just well, the series is on hiatus

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron

Last Megaten game was 2016. Lets hope SMT V will be good.

I dont think we have a Persona general and last post in this thread explicitly about Persona 5 has been a while.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

I dont think we have a Persona general and last post in this thread explicitly about Persona 5 has been a while.
Tbh after 4 and 4 apocalypse i dont have much hope for it

Ivan

Arcane
Neato. As a newcomer, how do these games play? Is it like cross between Yakuza melodrama/characters and traditional JRPG combat?

Last edited:

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Neato. As a newcomer, how does these games play? Is it like cross between Yakuza melodrama/characters and traditional JRPG combat?

It's more of Japanese High School anime meet time management meet JRPG combat.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron

The gameplay of IV A was incredibly smooth and I liked the world and characters of IV. I, as always, am fabously optimistic for V. But I also liked Persona 5.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
The gameplay of IV A was incredibly smooth and I liked the world and characters of IV. I, as always, am fabously optimistic for V. But I also liked Persona 5.

I also loved P5 and have high hopes for SMTV but I hated SMT IV and couldn't stand it long enough to get very far. I even tried it multiple times.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron

I also loved P5 and have high hopes for SMTV but I hated SMT IV and couldn't stand it long enough to get very far. I even tried it multiple times.

Did you get out of Naraku Caves? Thats a pretty awfull first dungeon. For me playing SMT IV a before IV helped me since they moved Naraka Caves to the end of the game so I was already familiar with its dreary bullshit.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist

Gameplay wise , i think SMT have a great future. SMT 4 Apocalypse don't have a great story and characters , sure , but the gameplay is 10/10. Unless Atlus is literaly retarted , they can't fucked up SMTV's gameplay.

Also this gonna be the first persona game to me.. I quite hyped.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom