Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PeG - World War II (TB goodness for free)

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
In all these years I never got any Panzer General 2 mods to run. I spent hours to browse through forums, download converted maps and efiles, german to english text converters and whatnot, one by one, only to find out it would crash anyway. Must have something to do with my copy of PG2. The result is I never got to play anything but the stock campaigns content.

While looking for a new copy of PG2, I was surprised that the PG2 content has long been converted to Peoples General engine and is available as complete self installing package. I was not aware that it is so easy.

You just download and run the installer.

PeG offers some new features like higher resolution and stuff. But the biggest advantages is the added content. There are several additional packages (PeG - Pacific, PeG - WW1 etc) but they all come with the complete PG2 to PeG conversion, lots of community made campaigns and all required modders content. There are now even packages for Napoleonic Wars / American Civil War.

This is highly recommended for anyone who wants to get into Panzer General.

Download here: http://www.pegww2.net/Pages/install.htm

West front:

westernfronthk9.jpg

East front:

easternfrontgg1.jpg

World War One:

ww1as3.jpg

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
No, it has branched campaigns. You win major victories if you finish in an optimal number of turns. But if you're not so quick, you only get a minor victory, and this is where the campaign branches happen. If you lose a scenario you will be removed from command.

If it wasn't PG I would say this is a gamey system, but the way SSI did it works very nice. Especially as you can requisition forces which are carried over and gain experience.

Panthera

Scholar
Thanks, this looks really interesting. I haven't played a Panzer General game in a long time.

Hory

Erudite
I wanted to say that it looks interesting and, oddly, two guys said exactly that. I like how the terrain looks abstracted only half-way. Will have to check how the actual mechanics are.

kris

Arcane
I am playing through the long British campaign and I am impressed by the scope of this mod. It is well designed and play as well as the original.

Sovard

Sovereign of CDS
ACW and WW1! Oh boy I know what I'm doing tonight *wink wink nudge nudge beer beer*.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom