Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Peasant-Zombies

JaySn

Educated
Well, you fellows seem adequate at this, so help me where I, Google, and Wiki's game lists have failed:

genre: medieval fantasy, real time

I remember a game from 1997-1999 with somewhat block-y 3D characters. You lead a party of between 4 and 15 characters (sorcerers, swordsmen, bowmen) against an undead army and a half evil king. Much of the cutscenes are narrated sketches, rather than full motion video.

The first mission (tutorial) involves you scarin' some scare crows in a field.

Any ideas?

:/

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
JaySn said:
a game from 1997-1999 with somewhat block-y 3D characters. You lead a party of between 4 and 15 characters (sorcerers, swordsmen, bowmen) against an undead army and a half evil king. Much of the cutscenes are narrated sketches, rather than full motion video.

The first mission (tutorial) involves you scarin' some scare crows in a field.

congratulations your flawed memories just made myth sound like the worst generic c-grade rts ever

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
wwy3O.jpg

WARGASM (which stands for War Ground Air Special Missions) is a 3D real-time strategy game developed by Digital Image Design and published by Infogrames in 1998 for the Windows PC platform. The game uses the 3Dream engine which allows for rich, atmospheric and varied battlefields as well as cutting edge (for its time) graphics. The player acted as commander and could direct AI friendly units as to what to do via a simple control interface on a 2D overhead map, and if desired could jump directly into any allied unit and control it in the 3D real-time environment.

The game is set in 2065, and the world's military forces have been transferred to the World Wide War Web in an effort to eliminate the loss of actual human life. Every country, whether they be a superpower or in the Third World, have been represented accordingly. Wars are fought through this system, and the winner of each battle takes the loser's electronic infrastructure. However, the system is flawed, and is prone to be hacked. In this state of "wargasm," the world has fallen into a state of corruption.

oscar

Arcane
Sounds like that game that guy did a LP of a while back where you have to defend the villages from various evil-doers.

Multi-headed Cow

Hey, I liked Wargasm. I have the CD right there on my shelf. It's what that ARMAfag Skyway would play if he played video games in 99.

JaySn

Educated
Aye.

Wargasim was a good thing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom