Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PE Questions and Answers

da_rays

Augur
Anyone unlocked new choice in conversation with reputation? So far i just had a ''benevolent 2'' that gave me an extra choice in solving a quest. wondering if they are a lot in the game. And if you see them in your conversation choices even if you dont have the req.

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
I play with the meta stuff disabled. Wish there was a similar option in Shadowrun for example.

Xeon

Augur
There are a few choices at the hearing near the end of Act2, that's probably all I remember. Some of the other options come after you talk to them and they treat you a little differently, if you have good personalities for example they talk to you about their problems or something and if not they tell you to fuck off or be hostile.

Pretty good for RP but kinda wish if it was fleshed out more, especially since there aren't many voice acting outside of the main quest. I had the option for the personality turned off but after seeing how many personality points I had, decided to turned it on. Don't get why they show both Honest and Deceiving at the same time instead of showing the greater one or something and same for the other personalities like Cruel and Benevolent and all that.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Caed Nua bottom question:
Did anyone actually beat the adra dragon? Seems like the quest solution is the only way to go. I'm at level 10 and the thing knocks out almost everyone in one blow.

Shevek

Arcane
Anyone unlocked new choice in conversation with reputation? So far i just had a ''benevolent 2'' that gave me an extra choice in solving a quest. wondering if they are a lot in the game. And if you see them in your conversation choices even if you dont have the req.
I am getting plenty of benevolent and passionate unlocks. I have gotten a couple clevers as well.

Xeon

Augur
I ignored it but a lot of people are saying cheesing it with petrification is the best way to go I think. Good luck.

Having identified that a very heavily buffed Eder can actually survive the dergon's terrible rape and it's really the fucking adragans around it that cause all the trubble with the constant stun/dominate/paralyze spam, I decided to leave the dergon for the last and proceeded as follows.

I triggered the convo with Eder while everyone else was far in the back. When it was done, I immediately popped bulwark against the elements + mirror image potions on both Eder and Pallegina and started buffing Eder to fuck and back.

While Eder was getting merciless pounded, Aloth was spreading around confusions and KDs on everything he could see. Commander Boreale the rain jerk kept shooting the adragans with his stunning bow, Kana was busy summoning ogres every time he could, Durance kept buffing Eder, while Pallegina was running around murdering the adragans and high priests.

When I was done with all the minions, all of my dudes were still alive. I refreshed the potions on Eder and Pallegina and threw everything that I had against the dergon to surround it with as loose a formation as possible to make it switch targets constantly. So it was surrounded by Eder, Pallegina, Cpt Diomedes the lion, 2 summoned ogres and 2 summoned wurms, while Aloth+Eder kept knocking it down.

When it was down to 2 blips of health I realised I still have Adragan's Gaze, so I cast that. First failed, second hit. Then the dergon got hit by two ogre clubs for 120 and 140 damage and keeled over. I still had so many KD/stun sources left that I doubt I even needed to petrify it, but it was just faster that way. Only Durance and Boreale got KO'd in the fight because they were too close to a stray wing flap.

GG WP

LIINK

panda

Savant
Did anyone actually beat the adra dragon? Seems like the quest solution is the only way to go. I'm at level 10 and the thing knocks out almost everyone in one blow.

Yeah i did, with lvl 10 party too. It was epic battle between "lol u all dead" high quality boss design and reload spell. Reload spell prevailed.
First you need to trick her during her quest.
Then you can safely approach, lower her resistances, disable and burst her down.
Had to buff my rogue to 35 might or something + mass stun for mobs and dragon from that special stun scrolls(i think duration was about 9 seconds total for dragon) + several other strong debuffs(e.g. borrowed instinct) and it was enough.
Well, almost. She got up and was quick enough to kill PC but died to last attacks + rogue's dot passive.

Last edited:

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
Don't worry in my level 12 party noone survives the "special" attack. Petrification + nuke works.
I approached with Eder and lured back and start tanking - his passive lets him survive the KO and get up. Then nuke Adragans and petrify the dragon. In my case last cast worked - 30s of petrifiction. A petrification trap also works and even 6 seconds are enough to kill the dragon. But don't let Adragans start the rampage...

hiver

I think everyone should play with enabled other dialogue choices being visible. You can disable to show what exact scores you need for them, if you want.

But its really good to see how many additional options there are, when you are playing, at least once. Because i doubt anyone will play the game so many times to try them all.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So, I took Bronze beneath the lake not realizing I can't take winds of steel. I'd rather do winds of steel since my main is a chanter tank and the extra DR is the more useful reward, is there any way to fail bronze beneath the lake or side with the knights so I can do winds of steel? Or, alternately, discard bronze beneath the lake.

So, I took Bronze beneath the lake not realizing I can't take winds of steel. I'd rather do winds of steel since my main is a chanter tank and the extra DR is the more useful reward, is there any way to fail bronze beneath the lake or side with the knights so I can do winds of steel? Or, alternately, discard bronze beneath the lake.
Nope, the moment you accepted that quest you were tied to the dozens.

Yes it sux. On the other hand, it affects nothing as you will be railroaded at the end of act II.

Svartalf

Educated
Has anyone beaten the game withouth acquiring camping supplies other than those found on adventure maps?

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard

Yes it sux. On the other hand, it affects nothing as you will be railroaded at the end of act II.

Don't you get a quest talent depending on who you chose? Or is the wiki wrong about that? I just want the +2 dr

Don't you get a quest talent depending on who you chose? Or is the wiki wrong about that? I just want the +2 dr
Supposedly you get a quest talent (never noticed lol) which gives +5 accuracy if another person is attacking that target, from the Dozens.

Much worse than 2 DR for sure.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Supposedly you get a quest talent (never noticed lol) which gives +5 accuracy if another person is attacking that target, from the Dozens.

Much worse than 2 DR for sure.

11.11% extra damage and effect duration is not "much worse" than +2 DR.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Would love to see some disposition mods. I'm going to need them for my paladin.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Has anyone beaten the game withouth acquiring camping supplies other than those found on adventure maps?

No but so far I've only bought 1 supply (on hard) and leave about half of them behind. I only have one per rest spellcaster (a wizard) though and she only uses spells on the more difficult encounters.

hiver

Who belongs into what group of creatures? Kith and vessels i can guess but the others? Which monster goes where?
Beast - Wilder? Does it say anywhere in the game? Where do blobs fall into? Whats primal?

Last edited by a moderator:

Svartalf

Educated
Beasts: Boars, Wolves, Lions, Drakes, Spiders, Beetles.
Wilders: Trolls, Ogres, Xaurips, Skuldrs, Vithraks.
Primordials: Ooze, Lurkers, Spores, Adragan, Pwgra.
Vessels: Fampyres, Wichts, Guls, Skeletons, Animats, Constructs, Darguls.
Spirits: Shades, Shadows, Spectres, Cean Gwla, Blights, Wisps.

Check the Bestiary under creature level, just noticed it states their creature type.

Last edited:

Echo Mirage

Arcane
Is there any quests that lead to Pallegina before you meet her?

The way her personnel quest is introduced at the embassy makes it sound like I have skipped over a section of the story.

Lhynn

Arcane

The way her personnel quest is introduced at the embassy makes it sound like I have skipped over a section of the story.
Yeah, you can meet her at the docks, she will be dealing with some down on his luck merchant that dealt with the wrong crowd. Tbh that introduction made me dislike her a lot.

Ninjerk

Arcane

Yeah, you can meet her at the docks, she will be dealing with some down on his luck merchant that dealt with the wrong crowd. Tbh that introduction made me dislike her a lot.
What about it made you dislike her?

Lhynn

Arcane

What about it made you dislike her?
Attitude towards the whole thing, she was being a complete and total cunt and i just wanted to kill her as much as i wanted to kill those mafioso cunts. Tbh sending her to the base to wash dishes was the best thing in that poe session, sent her naked and fatigued, and im pretty sure shes still naked and fatigued.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom