Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline PC Gamer Presents: The Ultimate RPG Handbook

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Scorpia did one in 1991, quite funny to read:
Is like 16 pages long, worth a read.
She did an update in 1993 I think, in that special issue that dedicated a good chunk to CRPGs (including a glowing review for BaK). I think it's the issue with Shadowcaster on the cover because that was previewed too (CGW always had the cover based on one of the "sneak previews"). I still have the issue somewhere, it's one of those that I reread the most over the years, Scorpia's "magic scrolls of CRPGs" (I think it was called that) was a great reference for remembering where a particular game was reviewed.
You are indeed correct, good sir! Here it is: http://imgur.com/gallery/UUulC

krhnyyE.jpg

J1YsLqI.jpg

4y2I7cN.jpg

MSp7SVy.jpg

82cVZ72.jpg

KYvVUVr.jpg

MSHEh7l.jpg

S7iROLL.jpg

DjXmHtl.jpg

What a great magazine. This issue also covers Betrayal at Krondor, Shadowcaster, Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny, The Legacy, Pirates! Gold AND gives a GOTY award to Wizardry VII and Star Control II. :cry::salute:

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Thanks for posting it, I struggled mightily to convert the PDF to images, and didn't want to screencap the whole article one page at a time.

The BaK review was great. I always wondered if it helped spread the game's word of mouth, since I don't remember other magazines being as positive about it as CGW.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom