Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pay Early, Get Stuff in Alpha Protocol Gameworld

Helton

Arcane
MetalCraze said:
(Stealth pack with guns, bonus bullets and mines is also lol)

lmao too soon, man, too soon.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"In some cases, it's true."

Independent developers like Obsidian ALWAYS have a choice. THEY decided which publishers to work with, THEY decide what contracts they sign, and THEY decide what they're willing to give publishers. Develoeprs have 100% responsibility for what is in their game. Period.

KKKthulhu.

Educated
Make this game.
Go out of business.

You're right. It's just like a choice in one of their games. :)

Shannow

Waster of Time
Volourn said:
"In some cases, it's true."

Independent developers like Obsidian ALWAYS have a choice. THEY decided which publishers to work with, THEY decide what contracts they sign, and THEY decide what they're willing to give publishers. Develoeprs have 100% responsibility for what is in their game. Period.
I garee (in light of whom I'm responding to, I decided to leave the typo *honorblade*). I just don't understand why you felt the need to write "Independent developers like Obsidian". All people always have a choice what action to take or not to take. That also includes dependent developers like Bioware.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"That also includes dependent developers like Bioware."

They used to; but now they have to obey EA because they are EA. BIO is no longer a real company but simply a division. BIO lost their ability to make final decisions for themselves the moment the doctors sold the company to EA. That was their last independent decision.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Their independent decision, for which they are responsible, with all the consequences that come with it. Not to mention all the individuals working at Bio that could either quit, strike or simply refuse to cooperate with EA. Also, who could have done something else with their lives or at least worked for another developer.
Either you apply absolute standards of morality and responsibility or you allow for some leeway that takes wants and neccessities into account. Judging Obsidian by absolute standards while giving Bio a free pass is simply hypocritical. I wish you stood by your principals, Volly.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Who stayed I gave BIO a feree pass? Did no such thing. Why do you lie? BIO isn't even a company. It's a division. This is FACT.

Of course, the individuals, have the chocie to quit. Duh. That should go without saying.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Shannow said:
Their independent decision, for which they are responsible, with all the consequences that come with it.

Bioware just expected that all their choices will lead to the exactly same rewarding consequence.

Elzair

Cipher
Jaesun said:
I really was not expecting something like this from SEGA, but since SEGA is the Boss, there really is not much OEI can do.

Publishers. Declining RPG's since 1999.

Are you saying that Ultima IX was the pinnacle of RPGs?!

R00FLES!!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom