Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Patrons are again

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Adless. I've gone through all the old records and set you all up with renewed ad-free status. Everyone with an account upgrade also gets the Patron tag. DU didn't include who had it and who didn't in the interface he's provided me and unless there's a pressing urge to re-add the ability to be without it, it's not going to make a comeback very soon.

The forum donation system is now automated via account upgrades. This is also accessible via your username tab/dropdown menu in the top right corner of all the forum pages. Everything should be working properly, but as always, post here if something's not working as it should be.

A few of you who have donated during our transition to the new boards haven't left your usernames in a note along with your donations. If you don't want your donations to be considered anonymous, PM me with the following information:

1) the DATE on which you have donated
2) the PAYPAL E-MAIL attributed to your donation
3) the SUM you have donated

I'll set you up manually.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Where is mine? :/

Edit: Oh nevermind, I guess I used my anonymous account for some reason, hehe. Enjoy the additional plating to your golden toilet.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Also, I would recommend scaling the upgrades to save you more the longer the upgrade you purchase. As it is there's no incentive to not just buy one every year.

Last edited:

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Also, I would recommend scaling the upgrades to save you more the longer the upgrade you purchase. As it is there's no incentive to not just buy one every year.
I know, right?

Also Taluntain, the "donate and get rid of ads" link down the bottom should link to the account upgrade page.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Oh yeah, I didn't tweak that after the initial setup which was a bit awkward. I could also set up recurring subscriptions but it seemed like a bad idea at the time... I imagine there'd be a lot of headaches with cancellations and/or refund requests due to people forgetting they signed up for this. I'm not sure if it's possible not to allow automatic refunds given PayPal's buyer protection. Would anyone here prefer recurring subscriptions to having to renew manually on expiry?

Something that's potentially problematic is also the fact that multiple donations can't be automatically stacked with the current system as far as I can see. So I'm not really sure what happens if someone donates for 6 months and then 1 year... the way it looks is that both upgrades would be applied simultaneously, which obviously isn't what we want. But the only other option XF gives is disabling other upgrades at the time of a new upgrade, so if you donated for 1 year, your 6 month subscription would be nixed... but the end result would be the same, right?

I'll fix the link too.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Hmm I had it on my old sn, I think. But am I too lazy to go look up info and PM Taluntain? I think so. Meh.

Gold

Augur
Patron
Dead State Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Yay, does that mean no more popups too?

Those were just annoying.

Angthoron

Arcane
Yay, no ads again, and a sweet tag to stand out from the unwashed masses.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Yeah it's p. sweet without the ads.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom