Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - The Treasure of the Midnight Isles DLC releasing on August 11th

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
A great example of what CotW does is it implements actual ranged teamwork feats (perfect case of Owlcat's half-assed follow-up implementation that they're still missing *in Wrath* making ranged Inquisitors for example pointless) which works incredibly well with Jaethal's Solo Tactics (since the ranged TW Feats have ranged prereqs that melee don't want it can be a pain to get them turned on usually) but then Jaethal being Undead is immune to Linzi's Songs and spells like Good Hope. What Holic giveth (with proper implementation) he taketh away (with proper implementation).

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
It is remarkable to go back and play CotW Kingmaker and all the crazy shit it does with all the added classes and abilities that actually, you know, work. Meanwhile OC with their millions can’t even manage basic functionality on several simple base classes and Crusade combat.

Stunning failure of management. The woke are at war with simple competence.
what is CotW?
Call of the Wild

https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/112
Seems interesting but pointless since it seems to do nothing for enemies. What is the point in giving more tools to players in a game where enemy AI is braindead.
This is why I enjoy WoTR combat more, enemy AI (especially casters) can actually fuck you up.

You can mitigate that to some extent with the "improved AI" mod for Kingmaker from (IIRC) Holic also, as well as his "proper flanking 2" mod. To my mind, CoTW (and other mods from others that use it as a dependency) and those two mods are a sort of package that make the Kingmaker combat more tricksy than it is out of the box.

Mainly, with the improved AI the mobs sometimes - not always so it's totally predictable, but sometimes (sometimes they'll face your leading guys if they're doing enough damage) - make a beeline for your squishies, so you have to be aware of positioning and having a decent off-tank in the backline; and then with proper flanking you have to be even more aware of positioning. All that together makes turn-based mandatory and more rewarding. (You also need spinney-rotatey zoom-in-able camera so you can get your flanking position more precise - that doesn't come as standard with Kingmaker so it has to be modded in.)

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
A great example of what CotW does is it implements actual ranged teamwork feats (perfect case of Owlcat's half-assed follow-up implementation that they're still missing *in Wrath* making ranged Inquisitors for example pointless) which works incredibly well with Jaethal's Solo Tactics (since the ranged TW Feats have ranged prereqs that melee don't want it can be a pain to get them turned on usually) but then Jaethal being Undead is immune to Linzi's Songs and spells like Good Hope. What Holic giveth (with proper implementation) he taketh away (with proper implementation).

CotW sounds good and better than both Kingmakers

unfortunately it doesnt address the primary issues of the games

Volrath

Arcane
Patron

Which is what?

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
well neither game has a traditional quest structure

and class bloat is the secondary issue

Gregz

Arcane

Which is what?

To my knowledge, almost none of the issues raised in this post have been addressed:

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/why-owlcats-kingmaker-sucks-in-plain-language.131692/

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Which is what?

To my knowledge, almost none of the issues raised in this post have been addressed:

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/why-owlcats-kingmaker-sucks-in-plain-language.131692/
And they never will.It is what i call horseshoe theory of crpgs.On one extreme we have sawyer and deadfire with bland boring everything viable sub-pur/sub-optimal overly balanced game.And on other extreme tedious outright band and horibly balanced encounter(s) on owlcat side.Like fedora master said this game is for ruskies or build/number cruncher autists.It has 0 redeemable qualities.Its sjw rpg for easterlings.P.S. Git gud is not an argument becayse it does not adress catastrophic encounter design.Its like throwing 10 year old child with wooden stick in cage with 10 bloodthrsty german shepards and every time kid gets mauled just reload he game and pray for favorable result.

Desiderius

Patron

Which is what?

And they never will.It is what i call horseshoe theory of crpgs.On one extreme we have sawyer and deadfire with bland boring everything viable sub-pur/sub-optimal overly balanced game.And on other extreme tedious outright band and horibly balanced encounter(s) on owlcat side.Like fedora master said this game is for ruskies or build/number cruncher autists.It has 0 redeemable qualities.Its sjw rpg for easterlings.P.S. Git gud is not an argument becayse it does not adress catastrophic encounter design.Its like throwing 10 year old child with wooden stick in cage with 10 bloodthrsty german shepards and every time kid gets mauled just reload he game and pray for favorable result.
No, you just suck.

PF is more balanced than PoE, but it takes some people awhile to get up to speed.

Whole lot of morons jump to false conclusions and never make it that far, and even some brilliant people outsmart themselves (as I did for a long time) and make the game harder than it needs to be.

The genius here is Paizo, although Owlcat’s implementation is very good when they bother to finish it.

Desiderius

Patron
Man totally different game turn-based (and with proper flanking). Can’t lead with zergs because it doesn’t let you use Full Action (Charge) in surprise round.

A lot more letting mobs come to me than taking fight to them.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I might do my second run with Call of the Wild assuming it gets the approval of the hivemind, although I feel some of the classes sound redundant since my Bard is just a Summoner but I guess they won't get the music aspect.

PF is more balanced than PoE
and they are both hot garbage

:happytrollboy:

Why are you still in the thread then you try hard faggot? We get it you are cool and like cooler games. Now go die in battle.

Edit: ok quote is still broke Taluntain do your fucking job retard.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Why are you still in the thread then you try hard faggot?
Because odds are something you very much like is shit and he just wants to make sure you know that. :M

Pathfinder is complete garbage. Not just these games, but the ruleset and setting. It's like someone took the worst aspects of 3e and fagged them up with a bunch of LGBT writers.

I kind of enjoyed Kingmaker for what it was, but Wrath of the Tranny is intolerable.

Desiderius

Patron
CotW is awesome. Play Arrowsong Minstrel if you want to change up the Bard.

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Which is what?

No, you just suck.

PF is more balanced than PoE, but it takes some people awhile to get up to speed.

Whole lot of morons jump to false conclusions and never make it that far, and even some brilliant people outsmart themselves (as I did for a long time) and make the game harder than it needs to be.

The genius here is Paizo, although Owlcat’s implementation is very good when they bother to finish it.
If i have to buy scrolls of death ward restoration and align weapon to bypass market square second visit encounters this is sign of beyond horrible game balance/encounter design.I cant see future and plan builds items potions and scrolls accordingly if i could than i just would see lottery ticket numbers.Kingmaker never had this issues not to the extent of WOTR.

Desiderius

Patron
Lann6interrupting Nabasu.jpgWolj6NabasuDeath Ward.jpgWoljSeelah6gankingNabasuCore.jpgDae6GlitterdustNabasuCore.jpg

You do not in fact have to do that. If you suck that bad play the appropriate difficulty or just skip the fight. It's a few EXP and a crappy artifact you can sell for a few coin.

You can get the scroll from doing the fanfic quests a certain way (which also gets you a Bow that bypasses the DR). Or use Seelah's Bless Weapon. Or the talking Companion weapon. Or any of a million other abilities for some reason people are now too lazy to read. Seriously, if people were this lazy back in the day you'd have run out of your allowance at the arcade in five minutes.

Last edited:

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
View attachment 26678View attachment 26679View attachment 26680View attachment 26681

You do not in fact have to do that. If you suck that bad play the appropriate difficulty or just skip the fight. It's a few EXP and a crappy artifact you can sell for a few coin.

You can get the scroll from doing the fanfic quests a certain way (which also gets you a Bow that bypasses the DR). Or use Seelah's Bless Weapon. Or the talking Companion weapon. Or any of a million other abilities for some reason people are now too lazy to read. Seriously, if people were this lazy back in the day you'd have run out of your allowance at the arcade in five minutes.
Where did you get +3 bow?Seelah gets pas cuz niggah and talking weapon is fullbody cringe.Daeran is degenerate and perv.q

InSight

Learned
Possibly Retarded
Wish I was 37 again, 10 years makes a difference. This bullshit that age 50 is the new 20 is crap. Maybe if you're rich and have excellent genetics and know the best of the best "anti-aging" techniques, supplements, foods, etc; then maybe it is great.
Cleveland Mark Blakemore, has shared on the forum his experience with Melatonin and Niacin flush, backup/supported by research. Ascrobic Acid is like paint that prevents rust(oxidation) in muscles.

Vitamin C (composed of about 60% of Ascrobic Acid) which so only available from natural sources(fruits ,vegetables ), cannot be processed/used by the cell along with sugars( for they use the same pathway, sugar as priority) for its other benefits such as repairing the heart(preventing heart attacks).

Above all the laws/commands of Yahuha/יהוה/YHWH in the bible are as a biological manual/guidelines to mankind. Why invest in restoring/repairing genetic-code/health if one's own behavior will damage them again due ignorance. Otherwise it could be a step forward than a step backward.

None of these, to one's knowledge should require much richness/income/finance.

Psalm 92:
12 The righteous will flourish like a palm tree,
they will grow like a cedar of Lebanon;
13 planted in the house of Yahuha/יהוה/YHWH,
they will flourish in the courts of our God.
14 They will still bear fruit in old age,
they will stay fresh and green,

15 proclaiming, “Yahuha/יהוה/YHWH is upright;
he is my Rock, and there is no wickedness in him.”

Desiderius

Patron
View attachment 26678View attachment 26679View attachment 26680View attachment 26681

Where did you get +3 bow?Seelah gets pas cuz niggah and talking weapon is fullbody cringe.Daeran is degenerate and perv.q
Can't believe a hardass like you didn't off the Drow chick on sight.

Age will mellow a motherfucker out.

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Can't believe a hardass like you didn't off the Drow chick on sight.

Age will mellow a motherfucker out.
So how would you complete market square with camelia,mc,lann,woljif,ember?

Desiderius

Patron
Idk man, Pal is autoinclude for me and Daeran vs undead.

I’d probably just skip Nabasu with that team. If you’re not using her the rest of the game give her Blind Fight for gaze immunity and let her tank that fight. If you stay outside the radius with everyone else and give Wolj the Death Ward scroll (and Reduce him) they should be able to handle the Nab with artillery support from Lann. Finnean on Wolj - you’re significantly gimping yourself if you don’t use it.

Enlarge Lann (he’s WIS to hit so no Malus) with Hurricane Scroll from Nenio and +3 Bow. Aspect of Falcon scrolls are cheap as are other first level scrolls. Use his Perfect Strike and Ki Attack.

Cam can Call Lightning for full damage vs the Ghouls. Cast it with Empower Rod? Use Hampering Hex to give Nab -2 AC. She gets DEX-to-dam at lvl five so can charge in on Nab once gaze fires. Its not an aura.

Ember can Demoralize the Nab with Seashell from Brimorak House on Persuasion. Can Web area where Ghouls spawn depending on party make-up and/or Glitterdust Blind Nab and Ghouls. Or just try to Slumber Nab after Demoralize.

Most Important thing is to interrupt the Hold Person, Mass with damage in RTwP. Zerg with Seelah and Wolj and activate Smite on way (Swifts are clunky in RTwP).

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom