Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I usually take that Vrock after the assault on the tavern. 1 level extra really helps. And I make sure to have a Bless spell ready for the aftermath.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Didn't launched game in almost two weeks. I think it's safe to say at this point that maybe i will finish it someday if billion patches won't fuck my saves for good but i will never replay it. Game disappointed me on the most basic level. It's completely devoid of what i expected most from game about crusade and fighting against the overwhelming odds. You know - all this outdated shit - heroism, sacrifice. Instead we go shopping with shaneekwa and posing for sosiel. And that's why it's woke shit, not because of some tranny hugs.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Btw share strategies to deal with Playful Darkness on hard.

High ac and high DR tank helps, even better if he has some kind of self healing. (Lich melee ftw). Or you can use summons to trap him in that corridor.
Wrecking ray and other kind of stat reducing spell, touch spells attacks and positive energy are your friends in that fight.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Quick question, and it's really more of a rhetorical one:

Why won't Helrun step in and help me fight the vrock which is standing only about 50 feet from him and his two goons? I lead the thing back towards him hoping we can outnumber it and bring it down but he just stands there like an asshole while the vrock easily wipes out my entire party.

Please tag me with any replies, thanks.

I think the issue is that you're playing a game made by Owlcat and not Larian. There is also nothing wrong with your mouse, the barrels really cannot be moved.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
That hole isn't going to guard itself, heretic!
Hah, I am replaying this part (again...) and thing is, the hole that Hurlun guards is not always empty:
jpLjzBj.png

If the corrupted mongrels from prologue were not cleansed by the Light of Heaven, Hurlun is standing there and slaughtering them when they are trying to reach the surface.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Didn't launched game in almost two weeks. I think it's safe to say at this point that maybe i will finish it someday if billion patches won't fuck my saves for good but i will never replay it. Game disappointed me on the most basic level. It's completely devoid of what i expected most from game about crusade and fighting against the overwhelming odds. You know - all this outdated shit - heroism, sacrifice. Instead we go shopping with shaneekwa and posing for sosiel. And that's why it's woke shit, not because of some tranny hugs.
Dont bother returning I gave up on this game not due to the bugs but due to the tedioum and retardo lvl story never coming back.

Reinhardt

Arcane
I actually never encountered any really gamebreaking bugs. Most prominent was probably when Lann refused to equip bows after i kicked his butt in "romance unarmed sparring" so i just reloaded autosave,

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
I actually never encountered any really gamebreaking bugs. Most prominent was probably when Lann refused to equip bows after i kicked his butt in "romance unarmed sparring" so i just reloaded autosave,
Y no gamebreaking bugs but tons of abilities and spells not working properly and bugged items I can live with that the worse problem is the story that can put you to sleep and endless walls of text I wouldnt even mind the walls of text if the writing was good but nope it's bland at best somehow even feels worse than the "writing" in divinity games due too how long the each dialogue is.

Mystary!

Arcane
Latest patch appears to have turned off the ability to autocast cantrips. Not gamebreaking but incredibly annoying...

volklore

Arcane
Hah, I am replaying this part (again...) and thing is, the hole that Hurlun guards is not always empty:
jpLjzBj.png

If the corrupted mongrels from prologue were not cleansed by the Light of Heaven, Hurlun is standing there and slaughtering them when they are trying to reach the surface.
How do you already have a large pet, that's like level 7 no ?

Daidre

Arcane
How do you already have a large pet :O?

I am soloing Market Square and several other early locations in the chapter 1. Not viable or very hard with some MC builds, but anyone with a pet and/or creative use of consumables and high level scrolls from the scroll merchant (Summon Huge Elemental rocks) could get to lvl 7-8 without any issues.

Mind it, I've played ch1 so many times since the first beta, that now I am at the point of powergaming the shit out of otherwise pretty linear ch 1-2.

Last edited:

volklore

Arcane
Ah I see, agressive soloing. Do you also reactivate party sharing just before you get a party member so they somewhat keep up ?

Daidre

Arcane
Ah I see, agressive soloing. Do you also reactivate party sharing just before you get a party member so they somewhat keep up ?
I reactivate it later in chapter 2 and the whole companion roster usually gets synchronized to a lvl 10 at the
White Chapel, where everyone get reattached to your party during attack. That's amazing!
Playing this way I hit lvl 11 in the Drezen.

Still, it is huge difference for ch1-2, but with the level gaps in Pathfinder xp table for levels above 10, 50-70k xp I hoarded early barely give me 1 lvl advantage starting from the ch3.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I reactivate it later in chapter 2 and the whole companion roster usually gets synchronized to a lvl 10 at the
White Chapel, where everyone get reattached to your party during attack. That's amazing!
Playing this way I hit lvl 11 in the Drezen.

Still, it is huge difference for ch1-2, but with the level gaps in Pathfinder xp table for levels above 10, 50-70k xp I hoarded early barely give me 1 lvl advantage starting from the ch3.
I've been thinking of starting a third playthrough, retrying my Winter Witch concept. The intent is to teach myself to play casters better. I also want to try and make the best melee and ranged striker builds I can, and go with a full custom party. If you don't level up from level 1 until you reach the tavern, mercs are said to cost 500 gold each.

Daidre

Arcane
I've been thinking of starting a third playthrough, retrying my Winter Witch concept. The intent is to teach myself to play casters better. I also want to try and make the best melee and ranged striker builds I can, and go with a full custom party. If you don't level up from level 1 until you reach the tavern, mercs are said to cost 500 gold each.
Lvl 1 party against demons. Damn, you are brave if nothing else.

I have a plans to get one hard-hitting hireling to bodyguard my Wizard/Witch MC when going duo. There is around ~8-9k gold in prologue, so spending 8k on extra level 4 character is viable.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
A 2 hand fighter merc (evil) could be good with glaves. Seems to be good glaves all through the game and the +5 is very early.

Could even be cheesy and dump dex and do the scaled fist 1/Oracle 1 dip Hmmmm.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Lvl 1 party against demons. Damn, you are brave if nothing else.

I have a plans to get one hard-hitting hireling to bodyguard my Wizard/Witch MC when going duo. There is around ~8-9k gold in prologue, so spending 8k on extra level 4 character is viable.
I only need to get past the tutorial dungeon, which I mostly do while being lvl 1 anyway actually I think they level up to lvl 2 in Mongrel Town. And the only character I must keep at lvl 1 is my MC. Who isn't all that useful anyway - being 1st or 2nd lvl Witch in the tutorial dungeon won't make much difference to the party's overall performance, or so I think.

Daidre

Arcane
I only need to get past the tutorial dungeon, which I mostly do while being lvl 1 anyway actually I think they level up to lvl 2 in Mongrel Town. And the only character I must keep at lvl 1 is my MC. Who isn't all that useful anyway - being 1st or 2nd lvl Witch in the tutorial dungeon won't make much difference to the party's overall performance, or so I think.

Well, if you intend on hiring full level 1 party then I thought you are going to clean all ch1 with them, Market and everything. And I have no idea on whether or not they'd catch up to MC's xp in the same place in Chapter 2 as companion NPCs, need to check this one.

Hmm, good chances that they are, as it happened in similar situation in Kingmaker, when entering the Hate House.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom