Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition Released

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
And golden dragon path gets shafted yet again, the owl cat rep outright admits they didn't bother with it because such a little % of players go golden dragon so why work on content only a handful of people will see?

This is what separates your actual RPG devs from your hacks. Of course they don't see the value of implementing content that only a small handful will see, because they just don't get it.
That isn't what they actually said. The reason they bolstered the legend, swarm, and devil paths is because so few people were playing them and they wanted to give an additional incentive. They would have liked to include more content for the dragon, but the scope of what they wanted to do was beyond their budget.

If you look at the Steam achievements, the least played paths are devil at 1%, swarm at 1.2%, legend at 3.3% and then gold dragon at 5.5%. One can make the argument that the first three needed it more.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
And golden dragon path gets shafted yet again, the owl cat rep outright admits they didn't bother with it because such a little % of players go golden dragon so why work on content only a handful of people will see?

This is what separates your actual RPG devs from your hacks. Of course they don't see the value of implementing content that only a small handful will see, because they just don't get it.
That isn't what they actually said. The reason they bolstered the legend, swarm, and devil paths is because so few people were playing them and they wanted to give an additional incentive. They would have liked to include more content for the dragon, but the scope of what they wanted to do was beyond their budget.
Yeah, well, still doesn't change the simple fact that Iron Tower Studios is better.

Angriph

Novice
I like Owlcat but this is a very empty Enhanced Edition hardly worthy of its name

Sarathiour

Cipher
Or is the "Enhanced" just a fancy way of saying they finally fixed *most* of the gamebreaking bugs?

They didn't fix many bugs. Almost none. Enhanced Edition is console release, photo mode and armor dyeing. The only somewhat substantial addition if you don't guy a few UI enhancements is that a couple of Mythic Paths got a bit more content in the last chapters.

Yeah, I just looked trough the patchnote.

Is this a joke ? There is absolutely nothing that could justify 6 months of work.

So... is that just the name for the patch, or are they selling a separate enhanced edition? It's super unclear in the announcements

Codex Year of the Donut
So... is that just the name for the patch, or are they selling a separate enhanced edition? It's super unclear in the announcements
it's just the name for the patch
even "enhanced editions" aren't the final version anymore, just more marketing gimmicks to sell an unfinished product. I fucking hate gamedevs so much

covr

Prophet
Patron
Game is shit, so much worse than Kingmaker which had pretty nice first chapter. I am glad I got it for free, because I would not spend a single potato on this crap.
It was also developed by russkies=murderers&nazis which means no buy from me ever

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Never understood why all mythic paths werent available at the similar time tbh, during the same time you go angel/aeon/lich

ArchAngel

Arcane
Game is shit, so much worse than Kingmaker which had pretty nice first chapter. I am glad I got it for free, because I would not spend a single potato on this crap.
It was also developed by russkies=murderers&nazis which means no buy from me ever
Why are you buying USA games then? They murdered way more people in all the wars they started after WWII. And zero punishment for any of them (except punishment they inflicted upon themselves in Vietnam and Afghanistan).

Russell

Novice
I reactivated the account after years just to show a sign of appreciation on this forum and the level of dislike/insults Owlcat gets. They are the most mediocre, unworthy software house in the RPG space for ages. Crap programmers, crap art direction, every content that is not an adventure module material is pure trash. The only thing they "got" is the license of PF1, one of the best and most successful rulesets ever. They are so garbage that they are basically the only developer I torrent on purpose because they deserve it.

Humbaba

Arcane
Haven't played since January, was holding off anudda playthrough until the EE came out. The way I see it, the EE patch itself is not that big but it's more supposed to signal the end of the patching phase for the most part. There will probably be a lot more bugs to come but I see where Owlcat is going with this.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Haven't played since January, was holding off anudda playthrough until the EE came out. The way I see it, the EE patch itself is not that big but it's more supposed to signal the end of the patching phase for the most part. There will probably be a lot more bugs to come but I see where Owlcat is going with this.
They are going into Season 2 of DLCs.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
The way I see it, the EE patch itself is not that big but it's more supposed to signal the end of the patching phase for the most part

That's why I'm playing it now. But I'm still disappointed at the pathetic size of the patch.

covr

Prophet
Patron
Why are you buying USA games then? They murdered way more people in all the wars they started after WWII. And zero punishment for any of them (except punishment they inflicted upon themselves in Vietnam and Afghanistan).

I support them because they help us killing russkie nazis like you.

ArchAngel

Arcane

I support them because they help us killing russkie nazis like you.
At least you are honest and not a hypocrite like 99% of other people.
You are evil person but at least honest.

covr

Prophet
Patron
Don't buy this. If you have some dime to spent on some real time with pause game you might try Black geyser, it is the best baldurs gate clone you can get. If you are looking for turn based stuff both ATOM games are perfect.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Should I play this if I stopped playing Kingmaker 2/3rds of the way through?

3 no reacts and 2 yes reacts. Someone tell me what's going on and if I should buy??

It's a worse game than Kingmaker overall and while that part is just my opinion, it is also objectively waaaay worse when it comes to post-launch support (quality of dlc, bugs, patching, this EE here is a fucking joke). One important caveat is that Wrath has better, and amazing in general, potential for char- and party-building. Which, let's face is, is a huge part of the appeal for someone who is interested in crpgs and not retarded enough to focus on tranny dialogues. That being said, odds are you'll choose an archetype that has some completely broken mechanic that will never get fixed (or it'll get even more broken through "patching") and ragequit anyway. So I'd say lean more towards the "no" reacts.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
This glorified patch broke my save... Entering the Commander's Camp (whatever it's called) locks me in a loop. Known issue looking at Steam forums. Couldn't play all weekend. Patch it you rusky bastards!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom