Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with The Lord of Nothing DLC

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I try to stun Vrocks before they can Stun me (or at least use something that doesn’t require an attack roll).

I think Magic Missile gets an Image per Missile? Always meant to try that.
Don't think it should do this, as there is no attack roll for Magic Missile.
It goes all the way back to the origins of the spell in AD&D unless Pathfinder specifically changed it. I think it behaves the same way though.

Tsubutai

Educated
True Seeing definitely worked against Vrocks on my last run (which was mostly pre-EE), so I guess it's yet another thing owlcat somehow broke while porting the game to consoles.

Yosharian

Arcane
In my testing Mind Blank did NOT affect the effectiveness of Mirror Image vs enemies with True Sight (Gallu Stormcaller). It was negated.

Only Displacement or similar effects are not negated by True Sight when under Mind Blank

Tsubutai

Educated
Hmmm, I just loaded an old save in Drezen and checked - my MC with True Seeing on was ignoring mirror images as expected while the rest of the party (which only had see invisibility) were attacking the images.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Hmmm, I just loaded an old save in Drezen and checked - my MC with True Seeing on was ignoring mirror images as expected while the rest of the party (which only had see invisibility) were attacking the images.

Oh that's how it works? Then I am just stupid - I assumed it would dispel the images (too much Baldur's Gate in me I guess).

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Lol I knew I’d figured something out. TS didn’t work in P:K or Wrath beta but was implemented at some point after release. Isn’t Blindsense or Scent or something also supposed to bypass Image?

Pierre just added a Feat to KotC that lets Magic Missiles dispel Images so that must have been what I was thinking of.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik

Oh that's how it works? Then I am just stupid - I assumed it would dispel the images (too much Baldur's Gate in me I guess).

Unlike IE games, you need true sight on all characters not only one of the party.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Unlike IE games, you need true sight on all characters not only one of the party.
...fortunately there's a Communal version of True Sight.

Desiderius

Patron
I don't know if you guys missed it upthread but found out that Alchemical Weapon doubles Bombs on Grenadier then those Bombs (found/purchased Bombs) also get Sneaks (plus on Sneak effects like Weakening Wound - DR reduction - and Debilitating) from Underground Chemist and Trickster levels. Item Bombs pick up damage bonuses from things like Mark of Justice and Freebooter's. In DLC special Blinding/Stun Bombs can be purchased/found. UC also gives Finesse/DEX-to-damage so Grenadier can save Bombs by fighting in melee when it doesn't need to attack Touch AC.

Edit: here's a shot with Divine Power up (Grenadier8/Underground Chemist4/Mythic4, Core Difficulty):

Alch Sneak vs Smilo.jpg

Looks like for whatever reason it isn't applying Weakening Wound or Debilitating Strike (but see below). Seems like pretty good damage though vs Touch AC for one Full Attack. Smilo Pack Leader's no pushover at lvl 12. The Force Damage is from Promise of Power Relic, but I gave him Ascendant Element Fire. This time it only applied the one Sneak? Would be interesting to test in DLC.

Tested with 18th level Trickster:

Trickster Bomber.jpgTrickster Bomber Character sheet.jpg

Here Debilitating is working and getting Sneaks on Curse Bombs. Keen Kitsune so has Vulpine Pounce with 8 attacks, then can also go to Double Bombs to attack Touch. TTT Mythic Trick Perception 2 bypasses Precision Immunity (Crits and Sneaks). Notice the damage boost from Alkenstar Alchemist Background. This is only half-buffed, random items (it's a reload from a CHR-based save, couldn't find any good Kukris), Seelah missing Mark, etc... Guess I should kick it up to Unfair but you get the idea on Core.

Last edited:

Stoned Ape

Savant
Completing the first section of the integrated DLC really boosts your level during chapter 3.

I've just started Blacklake (saved it for last) and my party is currently 14th level, I'm pretty sure I normally get here when my party is around 12th.

At this rate, I might hit 15th before the Fane which will make Playful Darkness much less bothersome.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Completing the first section of the integrated DLC really boosts your level during chapter 3.
That's kinda decline imo, gaining extra levels can easily trivialize content in a game like this.

That's an interesting difference. I guess in baldurs gate the assumption is that the character with true sight points out the real target to the rest of the party. I think I prefer this implementation though.

Also, you probably don't need it but it is ok to leave this location and come back and clear it out later (although you have to do it before reaching Drezen).

Stoned Ape

Savant
That's kinda decline imo, gaining extra levels can easily trivialize content in a game like this.

Yeah, not denying that. Definitely makes the game much easier. Did the DLC last thing before Blacklake and I'm pretty much cutting down everything without much effort.

DLC was actually pretty tough to clear in comparison. The limited resting made going through 13 islands pretty tricky, especially as there were some encounters which were trickier than the ones in the base game.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

I've just started Blacklake (saved it for last) and my party is currently 14th level, I'm pretty sure I normally get here when my party is around 12th.

At this rate, I might hit 15th before the Fane which will make Playful Darkness much less bothersome.
That's actually less of an impact I was expecting. I don't rush Blackwater, leave it for later, but without the DLCs I also do it at level 13-14. And hit level 15 either at the Fane or entering Act 4 (and can immediately go to Fane portal and fight Darkness then, with MR 5).
Granted I maximize the MC's xp gain by making a lot of Skillchecks with him and even 1 level of difference may have a significant impact.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
So apparently for the tailwind that adds bludgeoning damage Earth kinetic blast is not bludgeoning enough. Despite the fact that in the log it is written as "Bludgeoning, Piercing, Slashing". Version 1.4.4g - so maybe it has already been fixed.

OK, Owlcat.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Ok, finally finished DLC3. Took weeks :D
Final fight was easiest in the game lol. And enemy cheated (like managed to give a character immune to negative levels .. negative levels). I had a crazy melee team that was designed to take down enemies like these as he had 52 SR and 71 AC and spells could not hit him even with lvl 20 caster with all penetration I could get my hands on.
Also I was Mythic 9 and lvl 20 in last fight, not sure where I missed that last Mythic level up. Maybe some bug. I got to lvl 20 way before this part of the game, just after big boss before this one.

Now time to redo it with 2 guy party. Not sure how that party is going to hit this dude but I will solve that problem when I come to it.

EDIT: Oh nice, got Tailwind of Bloodlines for next run (50% that spells cast by spontaneous casters do not use a spell slot) which is perfect for my Lich Sorcerer :D
I guess I need to make the divine melee dude spontaneous as well now.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron

Yeah, not denying that. Definitely makes the game much easier. Did the DLC last thing before Blacklake and I'm pretty much cutting down everything without much effort.

DLC was actually pretty tough to clear in comparison. The limited resting made going through 13 islands pretty tricky, especially as there were some encounters which were trickier than the ones in the base game.
Pre-DLC Blackwater would get you to 14th if you weren’t already there on full clear. Even then Fane/Darrazand felt like significant difficulty spike (maybe because there’s a long gap between M4 and M5). You can come back for Playful after hitting M5/lvl16 and upgrading your items in Alushyrra. Doing Islands between Blackwater and Fane (and while waiting for Galfrey to show up) would be a decent difficulty smoother.

Desiderius

Patron
To sum up, Underground Chemist/Grenadier Trickster gets:

(1) Best Dispel in game (Mythic Trickery 2)
(2) Infused Personal Spells/Potions (and Potions Enhanced/Extended*, also get Brew Potions from UC that Grenadier lost)
(3) Free Finesse/Dex-to-damage from UC, Martial Prof from Grenadier (perfect Kukri set-up)
(4) Double Bombs from Grenadier Alchemical Weapon, Sneaks (with Weakening/Debilitating) on Bombs from UC
(5) Melee turns on Feral Mutagen/Wings, Keen Kitsune (ideal stat bonuses) gives Pounce, good melee saves Bombs for when Touch is needed, Alchemical Weapon can also put Bombs on weapon attax

Dips are good!

* - turns on crappy found potions like Scroll Savant does with Scrolls

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Is there any information about content of season 2 dlc? I remember Owlcat did a survey, yet I can't find any conclusive information even about approximate release date, let alone any details. Will be added more character classes to the game?

Delterius

Arcane
Is there any information about content of season 2 dlc?
We technically only know for sure that there will be a Through the Ashes 2. There's some expectation for a Shifter Companion + Shifter Class DLC but that's datamine driven. Beyond that there's the possibility the last survey is what will decide the third S2DLC.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom