Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
My mounts keep glitching out... Right now their pathfinding is freaking out:
XSkCRGu.png
Seelah and Monk also keep unmounting them too...

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Yes, you move the Mount speed instead of your own, and there are abilities where you can use your Mobility to protect your Mount. Still not clear what can attack you when mounted but your Mount itself ends up pretty tanky.

Things like Tandem Trip work well when you and Mount both have them.

Desiderius

Patron
OK, check out this Disciple of the Pike:

Disciple of the Pike Abilities.jpg

I chose this so I could get some Shield AC on the Azata Dragon but it has a lot of nice Features.

Not pictured:

4 Weapon Trainings (Spear class: Trident, Shortspear, Spear, Longspear - I'll be going Trident and Shield), turns on Dueling Gloves since no other Fighters.
3 Bonus Feats with option for Advanced Weapon Training abilities.
3 Bonus Teamwork Feats with Tactician activation every five levels (starts with one) that lets you share on with Team for 3 + 1/2 class levels rounds. Tactician becomes Swift Action at level 9.
Class Level/2 bonus to Lore (Nature) and Knowledge (Arcana)
At level 12 Challenge gives target -2 AC against attacks by teammates.
Base Challenge ability gives Class Level bonus damage vs Challenge Target:

Challenge Damage.jpg

That's this 5 extra damage at level 5.

Cavalier Saves Boost.jpg

Last but not least this Lion's Call thing is unlimited use.

Looking like fun.

Working toward:

Sick Gear.jpg

And the Boots:

Cool gear.jpg

Last edited:

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Any concerns about your baseline melee stats being effectively sacrificed to pump up cha for the 1-round ability, or is that something you're going address via buffs and/or itemization?

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
Well I made it out of the prologue.
Good god. The game is janky. Whoever designed the levels absolutely hates mounted combat. Narrow pathways. Small doorways. Lots of rubble and shit for your mounts to get stuck on. The mounted combat also randomly glitches out, so that's lovely.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Good god. The game is janky. Whoever designed the levels absolutely hates mounted combat. Narrow pathways. Small doorways. Lots of rubble and shit for your mounts to get stuck on. The mounted combat also randomly glitches out, so that's lovely.
I'm not sure it's targeted at any of the mounted classes, I was under the impression it was aimed at trying to make people Charge less. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Desiderius

Patron
Any concerns about your baseline melee stats being effectively sacrificed to pump up cha for the 1-round ability, or is that something you're going address via buffs and/or itemization?

You don’t want to fight against the -2 at creation. Will fight Reduced and Agile eventually.

Desiderius

Patron
Also you don't start with your chosen favored weapon, great. Kingmaker at least let you have the weapon you spend a feat to focus on - even letting Oleg sell every weapon type for you.

Quit your bitching. Use the weapon companion if you can’t find what you want.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
You're not seriously arguing that wasting a feat on weapon focus, and not getting your favored weapon; is actually a good thing. Since you can get the silly weapon companion at a later point. Are you? If so. That's fucking silly. In Kingmaker you got your favored weapon right out of the gate - hence it being a good idea to pick the feat, so you get a better weapon. Instead of whatever crap the game spawns you with.

Desiderius

Patron
You're not seriously arguing that wasting a feat on weapon focus, and not getting your favored weapon; is actually a good thing. Since you can get the silly weapon companion at a later point. Are you? If so. That's fucking silly. In Kingmaker you got your favored weapon right out of the gate - hence it being a good idea to pick the feat, so you get a better weapon. Instead of whatever crap the game spawns you with.

I'm saying that this game has a wider weapon selection than any in history if you can wait five minutes and you get the companion to fill the gaps if you can't.
You don't start with a weapon because they're not allowed at the fair.

purpleblob

Savant

It's a story reason for you to start with no weapon - you will find out why later

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom