Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Man, these ugly-ass Kitsunes are more disgusting than any rat-folk I have ever seen. People who voted for this are idiots.

Sadly they were always gonna win cos they were the coom option for furries and otherkins.

It's a shame cos Ratfolk are really fun to play and get some unique feats/features for various classes on the tabletop.

Thonius

Arcane
Man, these ugly-ass Kitsunes are more disgusting than any rat-folk I have ever seen. People who voted for this are idiots.

Sadly they were always gonna win cos they were the coom option for furries and otherkins.

It's a shame cos Ratfolk are really fun to play and get some unique feats/features for various classes on the tabletop.
Yep, they ruining my build, I wanted to do a ratfolk cavalier build.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Does the game ever get difficult enough to justify the use of minmaxed builds, or is this just done out of pure autism?

And when I say difficult, I don't mean handicapped stats, but actual difficulty - encounters and enemy behavior in combat.

Gradenmayer

Learned
Does the game ever get difficult enough to justify the use of minmaxed builds, or is this just done out of pure autism?

And when I say difficult, I don't mean handicapped stats, but actual difficulty - encounters and enemy behavior in combat.
For the Kingmaker it was just Pure Autism. You could solo the first game on Unfair Difficulty with a single min-maxed character (usually monk/kineticist)

Technomancer

Liturgist
chucking bombs as a swarm seems wrong
You wanna hear wrong? Swarm Jihad. Flamewarden 20. Swarm can spawn clones to compensate missing party members, let's assume 5 are the max. There is a cloak that spawns a swarm on clone death. Clones have all your abilities. Flamewarden makes your clones explode on death with CON scaling damage while simultaneously healing your allies AND at level 20 once per day it makes them respawn a round later with half health meaning even more explosions and swarms.

a-man-sets-himself-ablaze-in-protest-against-police-for-setting-free-rape-suspects-1503649804-8019.jpg

c1a7e6ae02dbfa8d674a3b74c71fe3f3.jpg

Shadenuat

Arcane

Minmaxing and optimization are not synonyms.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You wanna hear wrong? Swarm Jihad. Flamewarden 20. Swarm can spawn clones to compensate missing party members, let's assume 6 are the max. There is a cloak that spawns a swarm on clone death. Clones have all your abilities. Flamewarden makes your clones explode on death with CON scaling damage while simultaneously healing your allies AND at level 20 once per day it makes them respawn a round later with half health meaning even more explosions and swarms.

a-man-sets-himself-ablaze-in-protest-against-police-for-setting-free-rape-suspects-1503649804-8019.jpg

Wrong game, Ignus.

Zayne

Scholar
Is there a build library for Wrath?
Or can someone suggest something based on my vision?

I'd like to play as a spellsword-type character.
In Kingmaker I've used vivisectionist/knifemaster, but I want to try something different this time (maybe with longer melee weapon?) and keep it similarly coherent in-universe - 2 classes + prestige tops, without weird monk dips.
Will probably go for Azata/Gold Dragon mythic, but it depends on the circumstances.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Time to prepare portraits for my party members. Loli elf, psycho elf, spider thing, fox girl, shaneekwa. Did i missed someone or that's all?

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

This Unfair is in fact unfair, tho still not impossible. If you let bad guys detect your casters they will run over and hit them.

Desiderius

Patron

In Kingmaker I've used vivisectionist/knifemaster, but I want to try something different this time (maybe with longer melee weapon?) and keep it similarly coherent in-universe - 2 classes + prestige tops, without weird monk dips.
Will probably go for Azata/Gold Dragon mythic, but it depends on the circumstances.

This isn’t 3.5. Most of what you got from “builds” in the past is built into the classes themselves in PF ruleset. Completely viable (and usually even optimal) NOT to dip and splash. The build library IS the class list.

Desiderius

Patron

For the Kingmaker it was just Pure Autism. You could solo the first game on Unfair Difficulty with a single min-maxed character (usually monk/kineticist)

It was a much smoother experience to play the game as designed, which meant leveling slower, which meant non-trivial until at least midgame, and even there was smoother to actually fight stuff rather than virtual soloing (persistent ground effects + kiting or major nukeage or whatever) and that also took some attention if you wanted to keep reloads to a minimum.

Hard in Wrath is comparable to that. Unfair is another step up but can probably be degenerated too if you’re a degenerate, though it’s less trivial.

Stoned Ape

Savant

For a more warrior-based spellsword than a magus, you could try a pure Bloodrager.

Off the top of my head, maybe something like:

Reformed Fiend (Abyssal Bloodline) 20
Azata
Pitborn Tiefling
Chaotic Good
Street Urchin: Pickpocket

Str: 19 (+5) or 18 (+4)
Dex: 14
Con: 14
Int: 10
Wis: 8 (or 11 +1)
Cha: 14

IMPORTANT: If you get to Mythic Rank 1 BEFORE taking character level 6, you should get an extra feat. If you don't care about that, then swap over the order of Second Bloodline and Limitless Rage, then grab Combat Reflexes later.

Skills: Athletics (or Trickery), Perception, Persuasion

Mythic Abilities:

1. Second Bloodrager Bloodline: Fey. Instrument of Freedom
3. Limitless Rage
5. Mythic Charge
7. Ever Ready
9. Rupture Restraints

Mythic Feats:
2. Mythic Weapon Focus
4. Mythic Power Attack
6. Mythic Improved Critical
8. Mythic Vital Strike
10. Mythic Resolve

Azata Superpowers: Incredible Might, Marvelous Endurance

Feats:
1. Power Attack
3. Weapon Focus: Glaive/Bardiche
5. Iron Will
6. (Bloodrager Bonus: Cleave, Combat Reflexes)
7. Outflank
9. Improved Critical: Glaive/Bardiche (Bonus: Toughness, Lightening Reflexes)
11. Vital Strike
12. (Bonus: Intimidating Prowess, Dodge)
13. Improved Vital Strike
15. Cleaving Finish (Bonus: Sunder Armour, Improved Initiative)
17. Greater Vital Strike
18. (2 Bonus Feats. Not much good stuff left to go for, so choose what you like)
19. Blind Fight

When you Bloodrage, I think you'll get +1 size from Abyssal from 4th level. You'll also get haste from Fey at 12th level, along with a load more bonus damage from Abyssal. At 20th level you get auto-bane from Fey while raging.

Last edited:

Mortmal

Arcane
what do play what to play what to play

I like paladin, because FUCK YOU evildoers, die.

But also Wizurds with MYSTARY and big spells.

halp
Paladin you want to use angel mythic path i bet, well there's some bugs with merging spellbooks apparently. Wizard you will go for lich as everyone else and so far it's working, not heard of bugs . So for your first play through pick something not broken .

Sykar

Arcane
You wanna hear wrong? Swarm Jihad. Flamewarden 20. Swarm can spawn clones to compensate missing party members, let's assume 6 are the max. There is a cloak that spawns a swarm on clone death. Clones have all your abilities. Flamewarden makes your clones explode on death with CON scaling damage while simultaneously healing your allies AND at level 20 once per day it makes them respawn a round later with half health meaning even more explosions and swarms.

Wrong game, Ignus.

BUUURRRRRNNNNN!

Desiderius

Patron

For a more warrior-based spellsword than a magus, you could try a pure Bloodrager.

Off the top of my head, maybe something like:

Reformed Fiend (Abyssal Bloodline) 20
Azata
Pitborn Tiefling
Chaotic Good
Street Urchin: Pickpocket

Str: 19 (+5) or 18 (+4)
Dex: 14
Con: 14
Int: 10
Wis: 8 (or 11 +1)
Cha: 14

IMPORTANT: If you get to Mythic Rank 1 BEFORE taking character level 6, you should get an extra feat. If you don't care about that, then swap over the order of Second Bloodline and Limitless Rage, then grab Combat Reflexes later.

Skills: Athletics (or Trickery), Perception, Persuasion

Mythic Abilities:

1. Second Bloodrager Bloodline: Fey. Instrument of Freedom
3. Limitless Rage
5. Mythic Charge
7. Ever Ready
9. Rupture Restraints

Mythic Feats:
2. Mythic Weapon Focus
4. Mythic Power Attack
6. Mythic Improved Critical
8. Mythic Vital Strike
10. Mythic Resolve

Azata Superpowers: Incredible Might, Marvelous Endurance

Feats:
1. Power Attack
3. Weapon Focus: Glaive/Bardiche
5. Iron Will
6. (Bloodrager Bonus: Cleave, Combat Reflexes)
7. Outflank
9. Improved Critical: Glaive/Bardiche (Bonus: Toughness, Lightening Reflexes)
11. Vital Strike
12. (Bonus: Intimidating Prowess, Dodge)
13. Improved Vital Strike
15. Cleaving Finish (Bonus: Sunder Armour, Improved Initiative)
17. Greater Vital Strike
18. (2 Bonus Feats. Not much good stuff left to go for, so choose what you like)
19. Blind Fight

When you Bloodrage, I think you'll get +1 size from Abyssal from 4th level. You'll also get haste from Fey at 12th level, along with a load more bonus damage from Abyssal. At 20th level you get auto-bane from Fey while raging.

I did Reformed Fiend Aeon run. It was a nice fit.

AeonEqualForce.jpg

Arrow pointing at a nice Aeon longlasting buff that helps iteratives.

Last edited:

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
CAn sum ofu post some GUD portrait packs?

I want some dark shit, and angelic shit. like badass stuff with executioner helms of doom or undead stuff and some angel stuff for oracles and palals

Zayne

Scholar
use any melee magus for your spellsword.
they are literally that
I've tried Magus on my first Kingmaker playthrough, when it was a buggy mess, didn't make it past act 2 and didn't enjoy the class itself.

Thanks, I'll look into that class. Although I usually prefer DEX-based builds (because my first D20 games were KotORs and DEX was superior to everything else there)

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Is Demon path still shit storywise? I'm thinking about which mythic path to do first. Right now I'm thinking vanilla Angel Seeker Oracle. Demon Skald looks very interesting to me though. Wanted to do Cavalier Lich, but I don't want to be a furry.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom