Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Shadenuat

Arcane
I am going to go through ideal very easy tunnel totaly not a trap showed by totally no suspicious character to see whats it about for once (because I always help Regill otherwise).

moscow is under cover of snow it's not even 7 am, i am playing pathfinder with tomato juice with vodka. life could have been worse.

oh right i need to finish sosiel quest again before getting to the good parts of the game. already it gets worse.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I am going to go through ideal very easy tunnel totaly not a trap showed by totally no suspicious character to see whats it about for once (because I always help Regill otherwise).

moscow is under cover of snow it's not even 7 am, i am playing pathfinder with tomato juice with vodka. life could have been worse.

oh right i need to finish sosiel quest again before getting to the good parts of the game. already it gets worse.

That’s a nice one if Trickster’s alive and you made your skill checks with her.

golgepapaz

Augur
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Tips for Lann:

1) If you see (reduced) after his damage that's a big issue. Cold Iron Arrows are for sale for a reasonable price at your local arms vendor. You get them for free at level 7 if you stay ZA. DR/Good* is less common but once you get to +5 you bypass it. Magic Weapon, Greater + Hunter's Assurance (Swarm Queen Short Bow) does this at level 8 and lasts several hours.

Ki-strike Cold iron should not work for arrows.Zen archers get that ability for arrows at lvl 17 normally. Also if Greater magic weapon stacks with weapon enhancement it's a Op bug.

Parabalus

Arcane
The siege seems incredibly open and a PITA to scrounge every corner, going from Regill's it almost immediately branches into at least 3 different paths.

Desiderius

Patron
Nah once you get the feel for it it’s easy. You have a mission to follow. Don’t get distracted.

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
The best run I've had through the siege was to take Regill's suggestion and take out the Giants, opening the gates from the inside as I went. Afterwards, I was able to climb down the scaffolding to open the Eastern gate, and cleared the map in a clockwise manner doing that

Desiderius

Patron
Good God that Garg cave on Hard. Got there. Sort of. Wolj just fought his way up the ramp slaughtering the second to last group just him and Yaker. But all the ones below wanted to Smite Good +4 and focus my MC constantly and High Cleric got off a lucky Enervation that drained four levels from MC after Lann inexplicably woke it up from Nenio's Rainbow Pattern (Big Boss has no SR!) with a big fat crit but still. MC stupidly trying to cast a summons to even up numbers instead of beating face, lose the Casting Defensively roll and get crit on the AoO. Had on Death's Door because first try on Hard but rest of team mopped up quickly.

Epic, epic.

Inversion of the usual Boss with SR masses without just brilliant had me scratching my head.

CaesarCzech

Scholar
At this point im convinced that once we can mod this stuff Desiderius needs to be part of difficulty mod that changes difficulty from just adding more of the same enemies to more diverse array of stronger enemies, depending on how easy modding is with mod tools i fully believe that Des can pull off a mod as popular as call of the wild if he restrains himself and actually respects the name of difficulties.

Parabalus

Arcane
Nah once you get the feel for it it’s easy. You have a mission to follow. Don’t get distracted.

You say that, but then there's a tavern with a mini-boss tucked away in the top corner.

So Aru straight from the prison, at lvl 8/2, has the same AB/attack # as a PC ZA. Guess we'll need lvl 11 for the step up.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous/posts/3110749

Wrath of the Live Orchestra

We have a thrilling update today, fellow Pathfinders! We’ve been keeping this content sealed far too long, and we cannot wait to share it with you. Thanks to your support during the Kickstarter campaign, we were able to record a number of tracks for Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous OST live with Baltic Symphony Orchestra. And it sounds amazing! Hold on, as we’ve prepared two videos for you today: a developer diary of the recording process (turn on the English subtitles!) and a music video of the Main Theme of the game (composed by Dmitry V. Silantyev).

By the way, an important reminder for everybody, who loves music just as we do! There is the last chance to order a copy of a vinyl record of Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous OST. If you are interested, you may want to hurry up and get to the preorder portal https://wrath.owlcatgames.com/preorder, as we are going to stop accepting physical orders by the 28th of February!

Desiderius

Patron
No, I say finish your mission before clearing out the buildings. If you think he's tucked away get your eyesight checked.

I'm not going to do the reading for you. I've already explained the difference between ZA and Ranger. Aru has a busted ability of her own.

Finally figured out why Gargs felt like such a difficulty spike*, especially on Hard and now feel like an idiot. Luckily all you clowns were maleducated that Good = Estrogen so you probably won't have the same problem.

* - they're all anti-paladins

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
No, I say finish your mission before clearing out the buildings. If you think he's tucked away get your eyesight checked.

I'm not going to do the reading for you. I've already explained the difference between ZA and Ranger. Aru has a busted ability of her own.

Finally figured out why Gargs felt like such a difficulty spike*, especially on Hard and now feel like an idiot. Luckily all you clowns were maleducated that Good = Estrogen so you probably won't have the same problem.

* - they're all anti-paladins
Do you mean the cave in Act 2? I haven't completed the Beta yet, so I don't know if they make many more appearances.

Desiderius

Patron
Do you mean the cave in Act 2? I haven't completed the Beta yet, so I don't know if they make many more appearances.

That's where the biggest problem is and where you notice the gap between Nenio, Lann, Wolj, and pet running around like they're invincible while Seelah, MC, and Ember are getting boned for the first time in the game. And of course the ability
Smite Good
isn't just there. Good idea not to ignore it, you know how good it is the other direction. Really looking forward to eating a Mark of Injustice.

Again absolutely brilliant area/encounter design. Why would you need the HKs? They're not even Good.

Here. FEEL the need up your ass goody two shoes!

Last edited:

Parabalus

Arcane
The black dragon's fang (50k buy in camp) seems to ignore its ICD if you get off multiple attacks with Cleaving Finish. Absolutely fantastic weapon.

Doesn't make sense, since one of the three keys to the backdoor for opening the main castle gate is next to him.

The pixel hunting is really worse than in KM, since for some reason they made the camera complete garbage.

That's where the biggest problem is and where you notice the gap between Nenio, Lann, Wolj, and pet running around like they're invincible while Seelah, MC, and Ember are getting boned for the first time in the game. And of course the ability
Smite Good
isn't just there. Good idea not to ignore it, you know how good it is the other direction. Really looking forward to eating a Mark of Injustice.

In my case they spammed that stuff on the NPC crusaders.

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
The black dragon's fang (50k buy in camp) seems to ignore its ICD if you get off multiple attacks with Cleaving Finish. Absolutely fantastic weapon.
I really like that weapon. In my case, I noticed its value in the caves below Leper's Smile with a Bloodrager with Cleaving Finish. It might be toned down in future updates or patches, but it was definitely noticeable.

Smite Good
Yeah, those Gargoyles wrecked me a couple times. It doesn't help that they flank you couple times throughout the battle.

Desiderius

Patron
It's not going to be toned down, it's a complete trap that makes you waste all your money. There's already too many items with unique effects that will be good the whole game for you to buy (and that go away once you take Drezen) to be wasting money on a +3 Longsword with an Acid Bomb attached. A little damage and y'all are like Pavlov's Dog.

Pixel hunting? Do you know how to use Tab?

That key is on the other side of the room. By complete your mission I mean eliminate the Giants since that opens up a highway to get anywhere you want in the level. Then you methodically clear areas/buildings and have a nice home base to sell your gear that you can always get to.

Parabalus

Arcane
Hindsight is 20/20.

What did you buy in C2?

There's a similar sword afterwards in Drezen for another 60k, but you do get a lot of other swords on the way.

Pixel hunting? Do you know how to use Tab?

That's not related to that key, but the whole game. KM also had a lot of this, where supremely important items are in a rubble on the edge of a map.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Maybe try Perception?

Tavern Boss.jpg

Last edited:

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Regarding the videos about the orchestra: it's such a joy when Russians speak Russian and do not have to contort their tongues around weird English sounds and their brains around stupid English grammar.

Desiderius

Patron
Hindsight is 20/20.

What did you buy in C2?

Game is all about hindsight. It's a Roguelike in disguise.

Unfortunately this time I had to buy Scribing Supplies for Nenio. Hopefully that gets fixed soon. Trickery/Perception ring a must. INT Headband with Mind Immunity likewise. Arcana Bracers in Heart. Should have bought Necro Ring there. Rods. Fireball Ring if you can afford it. +1 level Belt is probably good for Nenio, turns a lot of useless stuff into barely viable stuff. Regill's Holy Hooked Hammer. Ceremonial Falcata is also great if you're on that.

Other stuff I'm forgetting.

toroks

Educated
So if an oracle takes nature mystery he gets bonded mount. What types of animals can he choose (medium sized characters like humans)? Can he use that animal both as a normal animal companion, playing separately, in addition to having the option to play mounted? (so you can mount and unmount the animal at will?) Don't have access to beta, just to make that clear :)

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
It's not going to be toned down, it's a complete trap that makes you waste all your money. There's already too many items with unique effects that will be good the whole game for you to buy (and that go away once you take Drezen) to be wasting money on a +3 Longsword with an Acid Bomb attached. A little damage and y'all are like Pavlov's Dog.
Do you have any examples of items that are so exceptionally unique as to relegate a +3 AOE Longsword into shit tier? Other than that smattering of equipment you posted earlier that was extremely situational and had unique effects with extremely low save DCs.

Desiderius

Patron
Do you have any examples of items that are so exceptionally unique as to relegate a +3 AOE Longsword into shit tier? Other than that smattering of equipment you posted earlier that was extremely situational and had unique effects with extremely low save DCs.

AoE what? A little damage every three rounds? You have casters for that shit. Or Cleave. Your blowing your wad for an Acid Maw.

Yes, I've already posted them, but guess you can't fix stupid. Enjoy your shitty MMO.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom