Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

M. AQVILA

Arcane
Ah, feminism and the strong, independent warrior womyn trope. It's like that thing Julius Evola said:

After centuries of “slavery,” women wanted to be themselves and to do whatever they pleased. But, so-called feminism has not been able to devise a personality for women other than by imitating the male personality—thus, the woman's claims conceal a fundamental lack of trust in herself as well as her inability to be and to function as a real woman and not as a man. Due to such a misunderstanding, the modern woman has considered her traditional role to be demeaning and has taken offense at being treated “only as a woman.” This was the beginning of a wrong vocation; because of this she wanted to take her revenge, reclaim her “dignity,” prove her “true value” and compete with men in a man’s world.

But, the man she set out to defeat is not at all a real man, only the puppet of a standardized, rationalized society that no longer knows anything that is truly differentiated and qualitative. Man for his part has irresponsibly let this happen and has even helped and pushed women into the streets, offices, schools, and factories, into all the polluted crossroads of modem culture and society. Thus, the last leveling push has been imparted.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
One day people will make real posts about either Pathfinder Kingmaker or Winona Ryder and I'll actually have a reason to read this thread

Preferably Winona

Last edited:

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
My biggest fetish is strong woman that is also feminine and can do domestic matter well too from cooking to cleaning.
Oprah is taken, dude...
Oprah is a fucking shill and looks ugly as shit. She's also deeply entrenched in the disgusting den of pedophilia, homosexuality, and gross hedonism that is Hollywood.

I did chuckle though.

Cael

Arcane
Oprah is a fucking shill and looks ugly as shit. She's also deeply entrenched in the disgusting den of pedophilia, homosexuality, and gross hedonism that is Hollywood.

I did chuckle though.
bdc.gif

That.
Was.
The.
Point.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://steamcommunity.com/games/Pathfinder_Kingmaker/announcements/detail/1688172020536685552

Dev Diary #1 - Meet The Companions
18 JULY - OWLCATBK

df7f856c87b1001433698d50de721ed1b103b311.png

Dear Pathfinders,

Pathfinder: Kingmaker was made possible thanks to the help and support of our community and our backers on Kickstarter. Over the past year, we have shared stories and updates about the game's characters, as well as a closer look at the core mechanics, visual effects and many other behind the scenes details about our game and the people working on it.

Our community has grown considerably since our Kickstarter days. Not everyone who knows about Pathfinder: Kingmaker today was around during our crowdfunding stage. We are happy to welcome a lot of new members in our community, who have missed our early updates. And that's why we'll be posting retrospective updates over the coming days, which will give everyone a chance to catch up on what has been revealed about the game thus far.

In our first retrospective update we're giving you the opportunity to get a closer look at ten of the companions, who will join you on your quest to conquer the Stolen Lands. They are:
Valerie, the Brevic fighter
Ekundayo, the grim ranger
Jubilost Narthropple, a humble servant to no one
Octavia, the gleeful half-elf with a talent for magic and sleight of hand
Regongar, the meanest magus on this side of the Inner Sea
Amiri, the iconic barbarian
Harrim, the brooding cleric of Groetus
Tristian, favorite of the Everlight
Linzi, your personal chronicler
Nok-Nok, the goblin companion, who started out as a stretchgoal

Keep your eyes peeled for more retrospective updates in the coming days!

Hail to the Kings!
Owlcats
331af5fd70d62406000757d04fc71e030950e61c.png

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
They really used the "And so she rejected her role forced on her by the patriarchy and became a bad ass mercenary instead!" concept for two characters? I don't much mind the concept itself but re-using it in a small pool of party members doesn't speak well for the game's writing.

Shilandra

Learned
They really used the "And so she rejected her role forced on her by the patriarchy and became a bad ass mercenary instead!" concept for two characters? I don't much mind the concept itself but re-using it in a small pool of party members doesn't speak well for the game's writing.

It'll be fine as long as they dont dwell on it. That will be the difference between it being just a tropey character background or propaganda. If either of them constantly moan and whine about it and how hard it was being a woman in mans world or beat you over the head with it you'll know. Even then you can always kill them to make an example of them if they get on your nerves.

All that aside can someone tell me if blood magic is in this game or not? I remember reading an article or a preview about that somewhere a long time ago but I cant seem to find anything mentioning it anymore. Did it get removed from the beta or something? I was super looking forward to that.

Saxon1974

Prophet

I mentioned this game was appearing to have a bit of this modern PC bullshit and I got many responses that said no way the devs are Russian. Hmm.

Why hasn't a Woman rejected the patriarchy in the real world and become a badass MMA fighter or boxer or NFL linebacker and beat the crap out of men? Anyone?

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

It'll be fine as long as they dont dwell on it. That will be the difference between it being just a tropey character background or propaganda. If either of them constantly moan and whine about it and how hard it was being a woman in mans world or beat you over the head with it you'll know. Even then you can always kill them to make an example of them if they get on your nerves.

All that aside can someone tell me if blood magic is in this game or not? I remember reading an article or a preview about that somewhere a long time ago but I cant seem to find anything mentioning it anymore. Did it get removed from the beta or something? I was super looking forward to that.

Again - don't really give a shit about the concept itself but rather the fact that two out of ten characters have a similar background.

Saxon1974

Prophet
game was appearing to have a bit of this modern PC bullshit and I got many responses that said no way the devs are Russian.
Think that's a consequence of Paizo, not Owlcat.
game was appearing to have a bit of this modern PC bullshit and I got many responses that said no way the devs are Russian.
Think that's a consequence of Paizo, not Owlcat.

Yes Paizo sucks. Still means we have to read that garbage. Seems most gaming companies/communities have been taken over by the feminazi's and metro sexuals.

Saxon1974

Prophet

Again - don't really give a shit about the concept itself but rather the fact that two out of ten characters have a similar background.

This way you get double the indoctrination! It's a win win!

Cael

Arcane
Fight against the patriarchy was there right from BG, in case people forgot.

Pathfinder is basically a "modernised" DnD 3.5, which was already infamous for mandating a 50-50 split between male and female characters mentioned in the source books.

What were you guys expecting from a Pathfinder product?

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Can someone key me in? I have no problem with female warriors that fuck guys up in a fictional universe tbh. As long as the regular females correspond and act how females do IRL. Is there some specific SJW bullshit in these characters/backstory, or are virgins just bitching for no reason again?

Cael

Arcane
Can someone key me in? I have no problem with female warriors that fuck guys up in a fictional universe tbh. As long as the regular females correspond and act how females do IRL. Is there some specific SJW bullshit in these characters/backstory, or are virgins just bitching for no reason again?
How many women you know decide to beat up men for the lulz because some men were mean to them when they were younger?

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
How many women you know decide to beat up men for the lulz because some men were mean to them when they were younger?
I can kind of see your point, but eh. If a characters back story is that she hates men because of something like that, it's not the biggest stretch. Do you know how many faggot ass men there are that hate women because they're disgusting and are going to be virgins for life? Women do it too, have you seen this recent third wave of feminism?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom