Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Efe

Erudite

jf8350143

Liturgist
I don't really care about the difficulty, I just want the game to have some interesting high level monsters, not just some re-skin dragons or Lich.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
As long as this game has difficulty fights on Core difficulty for first time players like IE games did, it will be fun. I already know companions are not as interesting as BG ones, so it's Kingdom making mechanics will need to carry it instead.
I hope to find at least one or two likeable companions.

Thonius

Arcane
As long as this game has difficulty fights on Core difficulty for first time players like IE games did, it will be fun. I already know companions are not as interesting as BG ones, so it's Kingdom making mechanics will need to carry it instead.
Interesting companions in BG? I hope you don`t mean they are all interesting?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I was talking about kingmaker. In BG most of the companions are ok,very minimalistic and to the point. In BG 2 all of them are good even if not likeable to everyone.

ArchAngel

Arcane
There are certainly a few interesting and amusing characters. They are not very deep but they entertain your with their antics while you travel with them. I don't think fantasy games need all companions to be like Kreia, Minscs and Edwins are enough.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Game doesn't need to sell hundreds of thousands of copies, it just needs to be successful and well received enough to make an impression on those people who do buy it so that the devs become established and a sequel is something people can be excited about.

Curratum

Curse of the Crimson Throne / Rise of the Runelords as the sequel, mm mmm!

purpleblob

Savant

I thought Jubilost is the most interesting one so far dialogue wise. Harrim and Linzi are both ok too. I hated Regongar and Jaethal, trying too hard to be evil. Amiri, Valerie, and Octavia are quite irritating, but tolerable. I didn't like Ekundayo much either, but I like his dog. Tristian hardly ever talked, and I didn't get to spend that much time with Nok-Nok since he joins quite late in chapter 2.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

I thought Jubilost is the most interesting one so far dialogue wise. Harrim and Linzi are both ok too. I hated Regongar and Jaethal, trying too hard to be evil. Amiri, Valerie, and Octavia are quite irritating, but tolerable. I didn't like Ekundayo much either, but I like his dog. Tristian hardly ever talked, and I didn't get to spend that much time with Nok-Nok since he joins quite late in chapter 2.
I am worried that the companions lack balanced classes,too many casters/support people. One fighter and one barbarian,that is all of the melee classes,both women. No monks or paladins,also one nigger ranger. It will be really hard to make a nice,balanced team. Seeing how i play only rogue and there is at least two people that take that position. Also no fucking wizard....that is retarded.:negative:

Curratum

The only thing that's retarded about it is the amount of allegedly different classes Pathfinder has as a system.

ArchAngel

Arcane

I am worried that the companions lack balanced classes,too many casters/support people. One fighter and one barbarian,that is all of the melee classes,both women. No monks or paladins,also one nigger ranger. It will be really hard to make a nice,balanced team. Seeing how i play only rogue and there is at least two people that take that position. Also no fucking wizard....that is retarded.:negative:
You can make your own characters at any time like in PoE.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Yeah,i know mate. Still i do prefer companions.....unless they are deadfire level of bad.

Reinhardt

Arcane

Yeah,i know mate. Still i do prefer companions.....unless they are deadfire level of bad.
Nigga, you are playing DA:I and Andromeda. Your opinion about companios is non-relevant.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Nigga, you are playing DA:I and Andromeda. Your opinion about companios is non-relevant.
Also i had played many other games,i don't see your problem.

Tao

Savant

I agree, making that halforc magus was a bad decision. No only fucks party balance, magus is also one of pathfinder flagship classes. I imagine a lot of people would go for that in their first runs.

CaesarCzech

Scholar

I agree, making that halforc magus was a bad decision. No only fucks party balance, magus is also one of pathfinder flagship classes. I imagine a lot of people would go for that in their first runs.

I got feeling that they counted on reaching Hellknights to add Fighter type of character with some magic.

This is one of things Deadfire II did well, Allowing you to choose From 2 or 3 Alternatives that each fit that particular companion. So Eder could be Fighter or Rogue or Multiclass That was definitely smart idea imho.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
This is one of things Deadfire II did well, Allowing you to choose From 2 or 3 Alternatives that each fit that particular companion. So Eder could be Fighter or Rogue or Multiclass That was definitely smart idea imho.
I disagree with you mate,i didn't like the dual class and you having a choice really. I would prefer to have a choice of characters over choice of classes. Predetermined class is part of the character building/writing. Having the choice feels like watering down the character.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I disagree with you mate,i didn't like the dual class and you having a choice really. I would prefer to have a choice of characters over choice of classes. Predetermined class is part of the character building/writing. Having the choice feels like watering down the character.

Sure, but making new companions is a lot more expensive, especially given that they're now always more than a handful of voiceover lines and a vague thumbnail like in the BG games. So you'd never get sufficient companions to adequately cover all of the available classes. The options are to allow certain companions to fill multiple roles that work for that character (as was done with deadfire) ior to scale down companions to make them significantly cheaper to develop (as with deadfire sidekicks, that most non-codexers complained about not being full companions)

Draugir101

Novice

Perhaps retcon raider is just playing at the easiest difficulty, but this boss battle certainly had me disappointed. It was apparently against the final boss of the 1st act. Spoilers obviously.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Eh according to recent stream with dev ( responsible for script ) bunch of people complained about muh difficulty. So, it's safe to say you need to play at hard.

What stream? They're doing streams?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Sure, but making new companions is a lot more expensive, especially given that they're now always more than a handful of voiceover lines and a vague thumbnail like in the BG games. So you'd never get sufficient companions to adequately cover all of the available classes. The options are to allow certain companions to fill multiple roles that work for that character (as was done with deadfire) ior to scale down companions to make them significantly cheaper to develop (as with deadfire sidekicks, that most non-codexers complained about not being full companions)

The price depends on a few things,they could be expensive or cheap. Mainly it depends on the voice acting and the price of model creation. A decent writer could write good character in a week. Still i do agree with you as a whole.
The deadfire characters are pretty garbage tear,it is amusing how the sidekicks have more potential to be interesting than the main characters. The problem with pathfinder characters is that they look....too edgy....and could endnup annoying as hell. If the retarded ork decides to whine about racism or slavery i will make a rug out of him!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom