Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
here I howpd it was at least tied to making boyguy your artisan and kicking nazri out.

They're both evil. Stats were all at least 8 at that point, maybe ten? Already had Perfection.

Could have something to do with one of the mining quests? One of them is somewhat hidden in Wildcards.

Desiderius

Patron

Are we sure he's captured everything? for EE?

Could have something to do with rushing Divine and having Circles up for Womb + Mountainclimbing for Talon and VTomb + mostly saving exploration for kingdom to get travel bonus + virtually no rest. I had all ten masterpieces by time Redeemer spawned. Finished all content with 230 days to go. A lot of bites at the high tier apple, though Coronation can't be rushed and Kamelands was still a village.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture

Are we sure he's captured everything? for EE?

Could have something to do with rushing Divine and having Circles up for Womb + Mountainclimbing for Talon and VTomb + mostly saving exploration for kingdom to get travel bonus + virtually no rest. I had all ten masterpieces by time Redeemer spawned. Finished all content with 230 days to go. A lot of bites at the high tier apple, though Coronation can't be rushed and Kamelands was still a village.
Post is from 27 days or so ago. I think it's safe to assume so.

Desiderius

Patron
I don't know but I trust him, he's one of the major source for Modding material (Space_hamster)

Totally trust him too - used a lot of his info, just wondering whether there could be other hidden stuff elsewhere in the code.

John Keel

Savant
That's 9 opportunity to upgrade for 6 tiers if he's to be believed, then it's RNG top3 unlocked tier if you ask for a sword

I don't know how/if there's weight to 'tiers' (ie: more chances for best tier unlock, etc..) and Im too stupid to read the code so ...

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
My understanding is that if you ask for specific category, you greatly reduce the odds for top tier roll.

John Keel

Savant
public int[] ArtisanTierChances = new int[]
{
};

// Token: 0x04002300 RID: 8960
public int[] ArtisanTierChancesRequest = new int[]
{
};

Not sure how it's used, but If I had to guess for tier5 it's always going to be lower than Tier 4

My understanding is that if you ask for specific category, you greatly reduce the odds for top tier roll.
Yes I think too

John Keel

Savant
What's better tho, 30% to get 1 of 3 tier5 or 10% to get what you want ? I can't math good

John Keel

Savant
There may or may not be some weight added when you reach a new tier, shit's complex

c# is confusing, why don't they use geometric shape for code :cainapproves:

Desiderius

Patron
There may or may not be some weight added when you reach a new tier, shit's complex

c# is confusing, why don't they use geometric shape for code :cainapproves:

There's a guy on Steam who says you can save scum to get what you want when you hit a threshold rank.

John Keel

Savant
Probably, there's some RNG involved and I don't see any seed used so it may be different one each time, no idea what's the internals of Random.Range.

edit: 99% there's no seed used

It's pretty easy to test with the kingdom mod anyway

Desiderius

Patron
Greater Invis would be better than True Strike. Pounce would be insane. Profane + 4 DEX evil only. Think further outside the box for top end weapons.

Why are you phaggots spamming retarded emojis at this? It’s basic game design. Top end weapons (really items in general) aren’t just good weapons with +1 ability tacked on. They’re weapons that let you do things other weapons can’t. If you don’t like these options come up with something similar instead of pretending the concept is groundbreaking.

John Keel

Savant
What's better tho, 30% to get 1 of 3 tier5 or 10% to get what you want ? I can't math good

Both cases you describe give you exactly 10% to get exactly what you want.
So it ends up being a diff of expected value/needs for duplicates I guess.

I don't think there's any duplicate check for the 30% that adds weight if you already have the 2 other items, should be though

Trashos

Arcane
John Keel. Not sure what you mean by "duplicates". In the former case, you also have 20% to get a different tier 5 weapon than the one you want. In the latter case, you have 100% probability to get the type of weapon you want, but 90% probability that it won't be tier 5. So basically it is down to which of the "not best results" you consider more satisfactory, as the "best result" chance is the same in both cases.

John Keel

Savant
Not sure what you mean by "duplicates"
Duplicates as in, the algo doesnt care if it already gave you one of the 3, for purpose of determining which one you'll get.
Hence the expected money value in case you dont need the item or if it's a dupe.

In the former case, you also have 20% to get a different tier 5 weapon than the one you want
Wat. Tier 5 nazrielle is sword/dagger/ring, wouldnt it be 33%

Last edited:

Trashos

Arcane
John Keel, I see. If there are no duplicate checks, and if you won't be using the lower tier of your preferred weapon if you get it, then leaving it completely up to chance (the former case) is better from a financial perspective, I agree.

I am assuming here that lower tiers of your preferred weapon are cheaper than higher tiers of other types. I don't know the finances in the game that well.

John Keel

Savant
Wat. Tier 5 nazrielle is sword/dagger/ring, wouldnt it be 33%

Didn't you tell me that you have 30% of getting tier 5, though? So, 33% of 30% is equal to 1/3 of 30%, which is 10%.
Me right now
JnQpqL_5CEX3VzxWjtu_bMgKN1knFZhhEByaVJUXTrs.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom