Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Zdzisiu

Arcane
2.4.2 is up.

It contains the new skills, dx11 client, master mission improvements, chat improvements, some cloak physics and some other minor bugfixing.

The reveal of the new league will happen tomorrow.

Edit: Haha patch was super broken, dx11 wasnt working and people couldnt move at all. Rollback to 2.4.1 and GGG will fix it as soon as possible.

Last edited:

Aothan

Magister
what happened to increase the cost of silver coins ? I could trade for them every thirty minutes or so when they were first introduced, but looking at currency values now I see they are, at best, close to five coins for one Chaos orb

also Kitava's helm looks interesting, will probably try that sometime

TOME

Cuckmaster General
They nerfed the drop rates after prophecy league ended.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
They nerfed the drop rates after prophecy league ended.
Which is a standard procedure for GGG. Stuff that is new in the league has a higher frequency of occurring, and then if it is implemented to the main game, the rate of occurrence is lowered. It happened to strongboxes, shrines, and it will probably happen to essence mobs too if they are implemented after the league ends.

Jason Liang

Arcane
My Essence-league witch RIP'd last night, I'm out until Breach league.

Also, the Scion ascendancy skills are crap compared to the other classes, right? or am i wrong.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Completely right. In theory scion has the advantage of being the most versatile, but in practice the lack of synergy between different classes ascendancies makes it shit.

T. Reich

Arcane
Feeling sort of burnt out atm, the new league announcement does nothing for me, and neither do new skills.

Seriously contempleting skipping this league altogether.

Must be getting older or something.

Hyperion

Arcane
Nah, you're not alone. Nor is it anything to do with you. The game is stagnating, fast. If you fell in love with the game in Closed Beta or early release, you're no longer the type of player they care about. The disparity between ranged and melee has gone too far. Gonna try it out with little to no expectations, and for the first time in 4 years will be starting fresh as ranged instead of melee.

I've dropped around $300 US on the game since I loved it so much, but can't convince myself to support them anymore, when it's apparent the current target audience is not the same as their original core.

SirSingAlot

Arbiter
joined the game this summer, only played pleb league (aka standard) because i didnt know better.
i actually wanted to dip into leagues now, but i am not super excited about the new one tbh.

might rather farm for some mirrored item instead (which is fkcing retarded, but hey)

TOME

Cuckmaster General
The devs love ranged builds and bows. What was the last expansion or new content that didn't come with a new and useful bow? What was the last time a new and useful wand or spell dagger came out?

I, too, am a little weary about the game. Powercreep introduced by ascendancies while there isn't a endgame made no sense to me, what was the point of it? What's the point of leveling your character past 85 when you already can clear most content while watching tv? And fucking slow and boring leveling process makes it very tedious to try out other builds.

But I'm still going to play in the coming league. Not much but I want to try quad ranged attack totem build.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
The devs love ranged builds and bows. What was the last expansion or new content that didn't come with a new and useful bow? What was the last time a new and useful wand or spell dagger came out?

While it is true that we had at least one bow per patch ever since 2.0, we really didnt have many new endgaming viable bows for quite some time ever since the game went to version 1.0. That is close to 3 years of no new stuff for bow-classes, and people were quite pissed about it.

2.0 had Nulls Inclination, not sure if you want to count that as a bow since its really only a summoning-tool.
2.1 had Roths Reach, which was really only used by sparkers
2.2 had Iron Commander, which except for a few niche builds does not see any use
2.3 had 3 Bows (not counting 3 of the fated ones since only Doomfletch has endgame viablity), Nuros Harp which is garbage, Reach which probably was the most broken item in the game together with Vinktars and Dying Sun, and of course Doomfletch Prism
2.4 has Slivertongue, which is neat I guess but not really that useful either

In total there have been 2 actually usable bows in the last 5 major patches, which is a decent ratio. If you look back further however, you see the last endgame viable bow-release was Windripper at 1.1.1. That was on March 14th, 2014. Prophecy came out on June 3rd, 2016. That's about 2 years woth of content with no alternatives whatsoever as to how to do a viable bow-build. It's basically been voltaxic LA for 6 leagues, so I can understand that they're trying to push for more viable bows on a more consistent basis now.

Veelq

Augur
Bow users heh more like Quiver users - im looking at you Soul Strike and Drillneck.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Only ED/Contagion build with wither totem.

Blight got released in a state where it deals pretty much no damage. They are aware of it though, so it remains to be seen whether you can mold the skill into a viable chaos damage build, possibly with the new cast on channel trigger gem that is coming with 2.5. 5l Blight+autocast ED or something like that might actually be pretty cool.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Also, there is this new support gem coming that will cast other spells when you channel your channeling spells. People are talking about some interesting uses for that.

And yes, blight is... well, its universally called shit, both in the damage department and range. It will probably be changed numerically and/or mechanically in the next league.

Sykar

Arcane
Feeling sort of burnt out atm, the new league announcement does nothing for me, and neither do new skills.

Seriously contempleting skipping this league altogether.

Must be getting older or something.

I took a 1 year break and having fun on my Low-life Essence Drain Occultist and currently testing out stuff with Scorching Ray which is great fun for me.

Also, there is this new support gem coming that will cast other spells when you channel your channeling spells. People are talking about some interesting uses for that.

And yes, blight is... well, its universally called shit, both in the damage department and range. It will probably be changed numerically and/or mechanically in the next league.

The spell makes zero sense anyway for me. The damage is crap, the range is crap, channeled and supposed to synergize with Essence Drain but who has the space for it? I do not know how to fit it in.

Completely right. In theory scion has the advantage of being the most versatile, but in practice the lack of synergy between different classes ascendancies makes it shit.

From what I can see the few nodes the Scion from each class gets are actually inferior to the respecitve class' Ascendancy node.

T. Reich

Arcane
For me, ED is already a socket-starved build.
ED, wither totem, contagion, movement skills, curses all need a good deal of links, and then you kinda want to fit in some cwdt or extra utility, and I personally consider an at least 3L abyssal cry mandatory for ED, because it's just amazing.

Axie

Scholar
Blade Flurry — the best melee skill for clearing the screen with a click. I guess the next projectile skill that BF-designer comes out with will clear two screens in future.

Very fun, though!

ArchAngel

Arcane
Apparently Scion is good for caustic arrow builds as you can get both occultist and deadeye abilities and both are useful.

T. Reich

Arcane
Pure occultist is still more powerful, because Wicked Ward + Soul Strike.

Now, if you want to go life-based CA (WHY?), then scion is probably better.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom