Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
Everything solo. I don't trust anyone ever since I lost two of my previous chars in a party play.

Revenant

Heck, I still have to beat normal solo. Last time I died in the marketplace to the walking statues and lost Silverbranch, a unique bow, that granted +2 to bow skill gems and was a killer with Poison Arrow :(

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Skeleton totem is arguably OP anyway. It's up and away vastly better than Decoy Totem which basically is meant to serve the same purpose.

How would you change it? Isn't it pretty much mandatory for summoner builds?

empi

Augur
Yeah but the problem is that it's really strong for most ranged builds

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
So, I have a lvl 30 marauder. skill tree looks something like this: skillz (I might have forgotten some node) and I'm currently moving my way up to the health nodes in the duelist class. Viable build? Any tips on where else to expand into?

This isn't a HC build, BTW, just default.

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
So, I have a lvl 30 marauder. skill tree looks something like this: skillz (I might have forgotten some node) and I'm currently moving my way up to the health nodes in the duelist class. Viable build? Any tips on where else to expand into?

This isn't a HC build, BTW, just default.

a. You are wasting a shit-ton of nodes
b. You must pick resolute technique if you are not going with crit build, and especially if you use two handers

What is your weapon/skill spec.?

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
I'm focusing on using two handed maces since they are pure strength, my main skills are heavy strike and leap strike, with some elemental skills mixed in. Haven't found ground slam, unfortunately, or maybe I messed up at some early quest reward where I could have got it.

What nodes are wasted would you say?

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
I'm focusing on using two handed maces since they are pure strength, my main skills are heavy strike and leap strike, with some elemental skills mixed in. Haven't found ground slam, unfortunately, or maybe I messed up at some early quest reward where I could have got it.

What nodes are wasted would you say?

The problem with your skill tree is that you spend extra nodes to achieve same things. I come up with something like this.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-...ErKq53cAaxtjJmNIh1I_ZYd7B37_kredS7w7vTvIv9kg=

It's not perfect (too offensive for my tastes), but does the job. After this you have alot of damage, five endurance charges (25% damage reduction and 25% ele res), attack speed and some health to boot. You can then expand further to duelist or go up to templar side to pick those juicy health nodes.

Ground Slam is the very first Marauder Quest Reward, you can reroll a fresh toon and kill the huge zombie in like 2 minutes.

http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Quest_Rewards

empi

Augur
Oh dang CI buff https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/249149

And "Life Gain on Hit is now scaled by the Damage Effectiveness of a skill." is pretty interesting, nice mini LA nerf i guess. It's nice to see them getting into the patch schedule, adding new skills etc.

Also, anyone in HC wanna run some maps soon? Currently farming merci fellshrine on my ice spear totem shadow

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
empi I'm up for hc maps, got my 73 lvl pulse mara parked and ready. He deals shit damage, but can take a beating.

Recently rolled a lightning arrow duelist and holy balls are ranged chars overpowered as shit. 500 dps (with LMP) in normal is not..well..normal. Still lost him, though, got pummeled by cruel mud crabs after dozing off. Stupidest death ever.

WygadanyCygan

Novice
You can spec into critical strikes and heavy physical dmg, works nice with hatred<every crit freeze mobs> (reflect mobs are problem, you can get conversion trap so you can isolate pesky rare mobs or have some sort of elemental attack, EA <with LMP> for example is good and scale well with 7 frenzy charges <attack speed>)
or go for LA build ( Blood magic/ RT /Static blows and tons of health )(reflect is problem as well but you can negate the effect easy with resist which you need anyway or conversion trap )

What I like about physical build is that you only need one LMP with split shot and have nice aoe attack with gmp it would be even moar but... if you are playing hardcore I dont recomend it you can kill youself by mistake (very fast attack speed on split arrow + piercing can go and will go beyond the screen and if reflect pack is there you can instagib yourself <if you crit>)

I had physical ranger<62 only no maps yet so well you know...) and I am probably going to spec physical again (got free respec yay) and try making Ice shot totem with LMP (or if I find GMP) for crowd control and extra damage instead of skeleton totem.

empi

Augur
Reflect isn't really a problem with LA thanks to chain+LoH, OP OP OP

empi

Augur
LA - Lightning Arrow
LMP - Lesser multiple projectiles
LoH - life on hit

Stabwound

Arcane
Yeah i can't even bring myself to log in anymore. I think this genre of game just isn't for me anymore.

empi

Augur
Oh ffs, was in city of saarn, clicked on the entrance to the saarn encapment, and switched windows, came back later and was dead with it still saying "Entering saarn encampment" or w/e, major rage. At least I got to HC endgame and ran maps and stuff I guess

DakaSha

Arcane
Your Path of Exile account has been locked because someone attempted to log in from a location that you don't typically play from - "Shaoxing, Zhejiang, China".

Is this common shit or do I have to be worried that somebody actually knows my passwords to shit? Do they just use some kind of password cracker or have they discovered my personal info.

The thing is I recently had to reactivate my Gmail account for the same reason (although that was from romania which doesnt mean anything)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom