Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
SR RF trickster guide I've been eyeing as a started for this league (keep in mind that the cited numbers are PRE 3.2.0 trickster buff, and what a buff it is!). There is a Shaper kill video; as you will be able to see yourself, the sub-1mil dot on SR is still quite competent.
Here's the PoB pastebin of my take on this build - with Kaom's and Balefire - SR with Balefire does less, but still quite respectable single target damage, while Kaom-ed RF burns much harder. Saark , I'd be grateful if you took a bit of time to glance over my PoB and possibly point out any glaring errors I possibly made. Btw, I'm really banking on stacking that % life/mana on kill from both Balefire and the revamped trickster for some beautiful mapping sustain.

Looks decent at first glance, but you may run into a few issues. What do you plan on clearing maps with, SR or RF? If it's RF, you cannot live without inc. AoE nodes, which you currently don't have. If it's SR, there's no reason to go Kaoms over something like a Belly, so you can get a 6L and a better weapon. If SR is going to be your mainskill, RF will really only be used on bosses for some additional damage and the more%.
Balefire is nice for a budget, but there's a reason people usually opt for doryanis in a SR build. Attackspeed for shieldcharging, and castspeed to actually be able to turn while casting SR, because without a bit of castspeed that is going to be incredibly slow and lower your clearspeed quite a bit. Eventually you'll move into a nice rare sceptre and go with insanity gloves. If you plan on going RF for clearing, just get a Brightbeak and put your SR in a horror-craft helmet. Keep in mind that while the new trickster is incredibly strong, you're either going to lose Weave the Arcane or Swift Killer, meaning you will lose 20% attack/castspeed because all the other nodes are simply better. This is going to hurt clearspeed because you have no good movementskill option besides shieldcharge, and you have no attackspeed.
For RF itself your regen is a bit on the low-end, on bosses you will not be able to sustain rf since you're going to run out of worms to keep up the 70% recovery increase.

I highly suggest eventually moving into a lowlife rf variant, simply because it provides an incredible increase to DPS by being able to utilize a few auras/double-curses and Pain Attunement. Shavs aren't that hard to come by anymore, and it's incredibly easy to sustain LL RF with uniques. The Oak is actualy incredibly underrated. On hard bosses you can just turn off the RF, still be lowlife, and have close to 35% regen when Patient Reaper is active.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Jugger got nice boosts and it was already a good class. I did a accuracy jugg in 3.1 and now it is stronger.

Now it is a contender for a crit Shield Throw as a 2nd character.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Isn't there miner build that's one of the safest HoGM farming build? Not much to hate here for me...
explain
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2073911/page/1
what does it have to do with minions?
nothing cause I failed with this post, read that aloha snackbar and was thinking you were talking about Shadow's miners builds for some reason.
Ignore previous posts and links then, they are missing the point of your post.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
j3jjf5jj2ui01.jpg

Ascendant rework.

Somebody smart tell me whats good here!

ArchAngel

Arcane
Occultist and Slayer are very good from first look. Also Trickster. Jugger also seems nice. Elementalist is arguably better than real class :D
Assassin was nerfed. Guardian better. Necro gives you same bonus with offerings as base class (max block necro/gladiator?).
You can do totems with Hiero/Chieftain combination.

Sykar

Arcane
Occultist and Slayer are very good from first look. Also Trickster. Jugger also seems nice. Elementalist is arguably better than real class :D
Assassin was nerfed. Guardian better. Necro gives you same bonus with offerings as base class (max block necro/gladiator?).
You can do totems with Hiero/Chieftain combination.

At first I was :argh:then came the :negative:

Balor

Arcane
Was planning to go triple totem crit DP soul mantle ascendant as my league-starter
RIP. They removed power charge generation from totem placement :(. At least the totem is unconditional now, but I'm not sure if it makes up for lost power charges.

A combination with Chieftain does make for some insane sustain, though.

T. Reich

Arcane
Was planning to go triple totem crit DP soul mantle ascendant as my league-starter
RIP. They removed power charge generation from totem placement :(. At least the totem is unconditional now, but I'm not sure if it makes up for lost power charges.

A combination with Chieftain does make for some insane sustain, though.

Going hierophant as DP totems is all but assured now.
At "worst", you lose a bit of crit from the assassin's 1.5% base crit and 25% reduced curse effectiveness.
In practice, though, you gain +2 totems, and you use the fated Atziri's Mirror to completeky disregard curses, which in turn lets you use 2 good rare rings.

I'm going to play GC miner saboteur as my league starter, though. Much less hassle, better control, tankier, and better sustain.

Balor

Arcane
Actually, I think (didn't run PoB numbers yet) if you want a crit DP totem build (or any crit totem build, actually), you should go straight to dual-wielded Shimmerons and play as an Occultist.

Sykar

Arcane
Unrelated question:

SR deal 420% more damage at max stacks, right? That translates to 4.2 times more damage, if my 2nd grade math is correct.
I've recently discovered 'Balefire' unique and like it a lot, but:

A character build around burning damage with balefire or 6-link is about 25k dps on stage one. That translates to, like, ~110k dps stage 8.
People been claiming that the have killed Shaper with it. Is it really possible? I've heard that below one mill DPS makes killing shaper very difficult - especially with a channelling spell that locks you in place!

Am I missing something here? I'd love to play around with SR, but is seems totally underwhelming for end-game content.

100% more -> double damage
200% more -> triple damage
420% more -> 5.2 factor

Balor

Arcane
In case anyone wants to make 'allhu Akbar minions' (and I idea I find tempting myself for some reason), I think I've found an interesting way to explode them on demand:

Just spam Blood offering (reduced effect on you will actually come in handy)/desecrate with spell cascade. Not instantaneous (needs two echoed casts), but does not require unique flasks, league-specific belt and, most importantly, sacrificing your flasks like per this guide:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1791875
Blood Offering also increases minion damage, that amplifies minion instability damage.

With (relatively) new 'MORE' minion life gem, Montregul's, Bloodbond and, most importantly, new Flesh binder you'll likely do a very hefty chunk of damage by exploding your 6 giant zombies in the face of the boss (and skeletons too, for that matter) and covering the ground with chaos damage cloud that does like 10k DPS before more and inc minion damage.

I doubt you'll be killing Shaper with it, but seems an interesting idea to test.

ArchAngel

Arcane
In case anyone wants to make 'allhu Akbar minions' (and I idea I find tempting myself for some reason), I think I've found an interesting way to explode them on demand:

Just spam Blood offering (reduced effect on you will actually come in handy)/desecrate with spell cascade. Not instantaneous (needs two echoed casts), but does not require unique flasks, league-specific belt and, most importantly, sacrificing your flasks like per this guide:

Blood Offering also increases minion damage, that amplifies minion instability damage.

With (relatively) new 'MORE' minion life gem, Montregul's, Bloodbond and, most importantly, new Flesh binder you'll likely do a very hefty chunk of damage by exploding your 6 giant zombies in the face of the boss (and skeletons too, for that matter) and covering the ground with chaos damage cloud that does like 10k DPS before more and inc minion damage.

I doubt you'll be killing Shaper with it, but seems an interesting idea to test.
Any build that requires exploding Zombies often is destined to fail as that is just too many actions needed. You need to summon corpses, rise zombies from that (and that animation is way too slow) one by one and then do whatever you do to make them explode. I can tell you that even creating corpses and making them explode does not really work in red tier maps when enemies can kill you within few seconds if you don't kill them first or outleech their damage.

Balor

Arcane

Any build that requires exploding Zombies often is destined to fail as that is just too many actions needed. You need to summon corpses, rise zombies from that (and that animation is way too slow) one by one and then do whatever you do to make them explode. I can tell you that even creating corpses and making them explode does not really work in red tier maps when enemies can kill you within few seconds if you don't kill them first or outleech their damage.

Fair points all, but this is 'fun before effectiveness' 'build'.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Fair points all, but this is 'fun before effectiveness' 'build'.
Unless fun for you is dying a lot on red maps, this build is not going to be fun except as some hipster trash.

Balor

Arcane
You need to summon corpses, rise zombies from that (and that animation is way too slow) one by one
By the way, I think you can recast all your 6 zombies in one cast by socketing them your tremor rod with minefield support, and less mine damage can go fuck itself :).

(But that means no montregul's, and it sucks)

ArchAngel

Arcane
You need to summon corpses, rise zombies from that (and that animation is way too slow) one by one
By the way, I think you can recast all your 6 zombies in one cast by socketing them your tremor rod with minefield support, and less mine damage can go fuck itself :).
And you are wasting one slot on Minefield support and now also dealing with mine placement and activation shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom