Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

ArchAngel

Arcane
The Cruel and Merciless resistance penalties have been moved to the completion of Act 5 and the completion of Act 10 respectively. Once either act has been completed, these penalties affect your character in all game areas.
Mean.
  • Sarn's underground sewers have been extended and, following incidents of theft and vandalism, the exit into the Warehouse district has been permanently sealed.
  • The layout of The Marketplace and Catacombs in Act 3 have been modified to fit the new Warehouses-less structure.
That's nice. Warehouse sucked.
That would mean you don't get access to maps before end of act 10. So no more skipping last boss and going mapping like now :D

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
The Shaper now prevents players from opening portals while fighting him.
I kind of like this change. Sitting out certain phases when you didn't do the fight right was kinda dumb. Getting screwed by multiple vortex-balls spawning during or right before the bullet hell phase is going to be really annoying though.

Zana mods are looking great, bloodlines at 3, beyond at 4, perandus at 6 and even breach once you get her to 8. No domination is a little sad though, The Gull was an amazing item and I'm gonna miss it.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
That's nice. Warehouse sucked.
Unless they changed it back, it's not just the warehouse area that got cut (and somewhat repurposed for Act8) but last I played before wave 3, the sewer areas also got combined into one zone. That means you get to find all busts aswell as the waypoint in a single area, and then move onto the marketplace where you will once again have to go through the middle part with the penis-giant. Also makes finding the marketplace WP easier, so you don't have to backtrack as much for the catacombs once you want to tackle the labyrinth (since you generally didn't pick up the marketplace WP after coming out of the sewers).

ArchAngel

Arcane
The Shaper now prevents players from opening portals while fighting him.
I kind of like this change. Sitting out certain phases when you didn't do the fight right was kinda dumb. Getting screwed by multiple vortex-balls spawning during or right before the bullet hell phase is going to be really annoying though.

Zana mods are looking great, bloodlines at 3, beyond at 4, perandus at 6 and even breach once you get her to 8. No domination is a little sad though, The Gull was an amazing item and I'm gonna miss it.
As Ziz pointed on the stream they just nerfed the people that don't use logout macro. Others will just do that to get same effect.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
As with all patch notes for every game, it remains to be seen how exactly the shaper fight changes. While the patch notes are extensive, a lot of stuff isn't mentioned for one reason or another, so until people actually get to shaper in 3.0, there's no knowing how different the encounter plays out for people who are used to using portals to refresh charges/avoid shitty bullet hell phases. He might heal to full after logging out, or the room might be fucked once you re-enter through the initial portal. Do already existing portals disappear, like they did in the Areat Summit fight against the three ancients in D2?

If this is the only change to the fight, it certainly does benefit people using logout macros more. Then again theres only very few people playing hc seriously that don't use a macro by now, and who gives a crap about softcore people dying once or twice to shaper.

Lazing Dirk

Arcane
Oh hey, is it finally out for real now? Might be time to start playing again then.

Looks like the site I usually used for builds isn't updated, so I'll give this Path of Building thing a go, since that's the only one I've seen mentioned in here recently.

Edit: Or I would do if it downloaded faster than 9kb/s

ArchAngel

Arcane
Oh hey, is it finally out for real now? Might be time to start playing again then.

Looks like the site I usually used for builds isn't updated, so I'll give this Path of Building thing a go, since that's the only one I've seen mentioned in here recently.

Edit: Or I would do if it downloaded faster than 9kb/s
Patch notes are out, patch comes out in 3 days.
Also I don't know if any of the sites will be able to update their tools based only on patch notes. I think they datamine these changes from patched game on their computer.

Lazing Dirk

Arcane
Patch notes are out, patch comes out in 3 days.
Also I don't know if any of the sites will be able to update their tools based only on patch notes. I think they datamine these changes from patched game on their computer.

Ah, alrighty. I guess it's just downloading the beta or whatever for now.

T. Reich

Arcane
So, niggaz, what's your planned builds?
I was planning on doing my first as infernal blow 2h slayer, but then I realised that a lot of the new bosses are pure cancer for true melee.
Since I don't want murderous stuff to distract me from enjoying the new views, I decided that I'm gonna do something low-effort.
So, I'm gonna do SRS templar for leveling, then transition into low-life RF topkek.
Zdzisiu , I hope you're gonna play, I'll need your expert advice on how to not fuck up my build royally :P.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Nigga I got so many ideas.
Frostbolt vortexer (since I read patch notes)
Poison+Bleed barrage assassin (might wind up going for dis, cus I even plotted the tree path)
Bladefall totemz (gotta luv dat shick shik sound)
Fireball igniter

Dark pact skill also seems kinda cool, and it's been long since I had any sort of minjun build.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
I was planning on doing my first as infernal blow 2h slayer, but then I realised that a lot of the new bosses are pure cancer for true melee.
Since I don't want murderous stuff to distract me from enjoying the new views, I decided that I'm gonna do something low-effort.
So, I'm gonna do SRS templar for leveling, then transition into low-life RF topkek.
Zdzisiu , I hope you're gonna play, I'll need your expert advice on how to not fuck up my build royally :P.
Sure I will play, but I am off on 08.08 for two weeks, work related. So just an intense first weekend of 3.0 for me.

And I will probably play the ED as a starter. It got some damage buffs in the patch notes. Or maybe I will try to do something with the new channeled lightning balls.

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
Thats all I know about it really. Dont like the wording, was hoping for max life as skeletons dont have much to begin with.
Didn't minions receive a life boost in one of the beta patches or was it not enough?

Hyperion

Arcane
Gonna do RT melee, because I manmode shit no matter what. After all the crit nerfs, I'm gonna debate if it's worth transitioning into when I get a bit of currency.

I always like my first character to be something simple and effective, lets my couple of RL bros experiment at the league's start without hurting our currency base too much.

ArchAngel

Arcane
life necro with blight + cwc + dark pact.
Necro aegis and maligaro lens. Zombies as meatbags and MOM. I hope that along with bone offering it would make up for small life pool.

gonna figure out stuff as I go really. Specially since im gonna use big unknown skill.
4kjcuixko9cz.png

Thats all I know about it really. Dont like the wording, was hoping for max life as skeletons dont have much to begin with. Wont be able to scale it of my own life pool with my build so I hope im not making some trap choice.

Also was hoping to test consuming dark with it but it seems meh now.
I am pretty sure if you don't build your character like you would a RF one, this skill is not going to do a lot of damage. 6% of your max life with 152% more damage boost is like 15% of your max life pool. RF works off 40% your max life pool...

ArchAngel

Arcane
I am pretty sure if you don't build your character like you would a RF one, this skill is not going to do a lot of damage. 6% of your max life with 152% more damage boost is like 15% of your max life pool. RF works off 40% your max life pool...
obviously for this one you can chose one of 2 paths. Im choosing minion one as im interested in doing hybrid summoner(as in im doing the kills, not minions)
OK, I misunderstood your meaning. You are probably going to want to get as much minion life passives and minion life on jewels as you can for this. Minion instability should work well with it as well.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom