Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

Hyperion

Arcane
Goddamn streamer meta man. Ruins half of builds for those of us without infinite currency. When Ziggy does it, I think it'll either be part of a Baron build, or with Wither - CWC - Dark Pact, and a Skeleton Totem.

This same crap happened to me with the sudden interest taken up in racing again and people are finally finding out Sunder is incredible, and has been better than Earthquake since Day 1. It was inexplicably buffed up to ridiculous proportions, and now they're gonna get it nerfed.

From what I seen I think each cast of the spell only reduces life of one skeleton.
That's just gonna make it nice and spammy. Did I look at it wrong? Because it seems to create an AoE around every skeleton with each cast, not 1 at a time.

Jason Liang

Arcane
With ES neutered, why not go all-out Strength? You get Shaper's (ironically for ES), more damage (always useful) and more life (can't hurt now). Iron Grip if you have a projectile component, Iron Will if you have a spell component.

Quatlo

Arcane
I'm thinking about going Charged Dash, but man, I wish they at least relased the keywords it has so I'd know what to work with. I hate doing builds last minute, even the ones that I've put a lot of thought into usually end up being changed during the actual gameplay, not to mention blind theorycrafting.

Hyperion

Arcane
Sword is crappy. 260 DPS, 5% base crit, 1.3 APS, -1 frenzy charge for 50% crit multi and 15% AoE? Unless that roll goes up to like 350 or 360 pdps, Scaeva is pretty much unanimously better. And Scaeva is just a stepping stone to a good rare.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Halp me RPG Codex, you are my only hope.

Couldn't decide what to play in 3.0, want to try frostblades with assassin/raider but also SRS necro is something I wanted to play for a long time. On the otherhand I want to hear marauders conversations in act 5 and 10
Kitava and rebellion parts should be interesting
Glacial cascade witch/templar is another candidate...

HALP!!!!

:negative:

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Chest is pretty crappy for trappers unless they changed how "xxx when an enemy triggers a trap" is working. Since almost all trappers use either saboteur or sunblast, you don't really profit from the chest that much. The cooldown recovery is pretty useful at least.
Sword looks like a bunch of alchemy shards to me. Unless the critmulti/physical damage can roll higher (and they would need to be much higher) it's not gonna be used except for niche-cases. 100% critmulti is pretty neat, but you'd have to dualwield them.
Belt looked solid when they first announced it, a couple changes on numbers as far as I see but the mechanics itself have not changed.
Helmet is kinda weak. Baron has 2% physdmg per 10 str, this one has 2% as/ms per 50dex. Doesn't even have cast-speed. Only build using the helmet that I can come up with would be be nulls inclination, and since you generally have SRS in that build that can ignite with basic attacks I don't really know what to make of it.

New bleed keystone seems decent for boss-killing, shit for anything else.

Varvarg

Educated
Ahn's can be off-handed with a varunastra, using sunder or similar. Would be a nice crit poison build with assassin and snakebite. Currently there's not a good...

Wait who am i kidding. Crit multi wont even do any for poison. So it's shit then. GG.

:killit:

ArchAngel

Arcane
I have been playing around in Path of Building with a Bear Trap Igniter build for 3.0 . Got it to 180 000 dps x2 (with new Emberwake) for almost 5s (so more than 1.5 mil damage in 5s while you just run around trying to not get hit). Survivability is decent too using MoM and having total of 6500 life+mana (probably not enough for HC).
If anyone is interested here is a the PoB link: https://pastebin.com/f4bT88pS

EDIT: new PoB link. Had to remove Pyre from the build and add move some items around.
EDIT2: made another version with even more DPS but this one needs expensive uniques that will be even more expensive in 3.0
Also needs a 5B on a high Dex item :D :D so probably not a version to use unless incredibly rich. So I will not link this unrealistic one.

Last edited:

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Not convinced myself that 4*150 per throw is enough.
The problem with this mod is that when you play saboteur and/or sunblast, which almost every single trapper does, you do not get 4*150 life. As saboteur your first trap gets triggered by an enemy, you get the life once, and then all your other traps trigger automatically, not granting life (or ES). For Sunblast its even worse, since traps expire automatically without any enemy triggering them, thus not granting any life/es. Trappers generally are pretty safe already, the biggest problem with them is their mana-cost which this chest does not adress at all and the fact that even the dedicated trapper/miner ascendancy is fairly shit for a trapper. You pretty much only pick saboteur for the cooldown recovery, which is the only good stat on the chest.
Frenzy/Power Charge generation wasn't really a problem with most trappers, since you either partly or completely converted to fire/chaos damage already and any on-kill charge generation did the trick. For power charges you just weapon-swapped jaws of agony once in a while.

Aothan

Magister
Cyberarmy talking about the lore... it took over two months on the forums before someone mentioned the Ranger's dialogue was suggestive. I think GGG significantly diverged from their original intentions and focus on the game's lore

Varvarg

Educated
Meanwhile, in China, they are replacing the minced meat zombies with spiders, and bodies with small crosses.

Was lore ever a focus in this game? I think they are doing a decent job with the optional dialogues etc. It's a hack and slasher after all. Will take my time with 3.0, and read every little thing I can find. Also they employ some very good voice actors: Malachai I like alot.

T. Reich

Arcane
Cyberarmy talking about the lore... it took over two months on the forums before someone mentioned the Ranger's dialogue was suggestive. I think GGG significantly diverged from their original intentions and focus on the game's lore

"Suggestive"? There's a whole bunch of "suggestive" content in PoE, and not just for ranger. And it's been like that for ages. As someone who tracks lore in PoE, I don't see any significant divergence in focus of the lore since the beta days.
I've yet to check out the new lore - I didn't get a CB key... as usual.:argh:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom