Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Hyperion

Arcane
If you play Softcore, Drillneck has been a 1c item on day 1 of a new league ever since about 2.4 or 2.5 when the majority of people realized The Signal Fire is actually better. Introduction of the Brutality gem makes sure that isn't a guarantee anymore.

Varvarg

Educated
Corrupted ones are like 1 chaos now in Legacy. Bought one to test the deeps. Still very solid, and better than a crappy quiver with phys dmg. A real solid rare quiver will probably be better for inquisitor though. Since I dont travel to any pierce nodes.

For deadeye, I would say drillneck all the way. Too bad I didnt know about that before it was nerfed

..Signal fire, interesting. Did not think of that.

baturinsky

Arcane
Can someone recommend a combo that deals a lot of hits per second on single target, to capitalise on "X life on hit" mechanics with bosses?

Doktor Best

Arcane
Looks like all bow builds start with "get a Drillneck". Looks like I have to learn how POE trading works...
(after googling "how to trade in poe") wtf is this bullshit? Have they made it as peronal as possible on purpose?
Yes. They dont want an auction house because they want trading to be a timesink and therefor make it harder for botters to farm currency and sell it for real cash. I get that youre turned off by the inconvenience but its the only way to keep the economy intact.

There are ways though to make it easier for yourself. Poetrademacro for example is great (and legal, atleast according to ziggyD)

Its also a great tool for identifying good rares and crafting since it shows you the tierlevel for each stat in one window.

Varvarg

Educated
Can someone recommend a combo that deals a lot of hits per second on single target, to capitalise on "X life on hit" mechanics with bosses?

brutus lead sprinkler molten strike

Ngamahu's flame cyclone

anything berserker with fast hits, like blade vortex, cyclone

Hyperion

Arcane
Life Gain on Hit gem now also scales with an ability's damage effectiveness, so skills like Cyclone can't abuse it the way they once could.

Varvarg

Educated
never tried them. Bought two in legacy for future use.

Have a HoWA but i'm sure it will be gutted due to vaal pact changes.

Rive claws might potentially be fairly cheap and useful in 3.0

baturinsky

Arcane
Is there a point to pick up white leather belts? I have 30+ of them because they are supposedly can be used for some artifact gambling. I tried to sell it in chat for 2/3 of poe.trade price, no response.

SirSingAlot

Arbiter
you can usually trade 5 for 1 Chaos, as some gamblers like ruining fingers and wrists for the slim chance of chancing a Headhunter

now if you feel its worth picking those up is completely up to you of course.
personally, i dont. (but i am fkcin rich this league)

ArchAngel

Arcane
I continued playing my racing CA character in Legacy now. Got it upgraded. It is a decent character but nothing to write home about. Certainly not the character I would play new league with.
At this point I am trying to figure out some Bladefall Decay character (with traps maybe), maybe an Assassin Glacial Cascade one or something with Ignite (DD, self cast FlameBlast or maybe a RF totem)

ArchAngel

Arcane
Quick tinkering with Path of Building shows a Chieftan RF totem with unoptimized tree and uncomplete item set can have 80 000+ dps per totem. And that is without counting in EE, Elemental Overload or Vaal Lightning Trap. But also without counting enemy fire resistance.
EDIT:
Ok, I redid the tree, used better supports and gave a bit of items, Elemental Overload and now I get around 200 000 dps lol.
And it can go higher.

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Thinking I'm gonna do Scion ED with Decay. Kindda boring but I never played Scion and it's been a long time since I made an ED char

baturinsky

Arcane
Isn't Scion way weaker than any other class? I have scion with stats unassigned since last reset becaucse I thought she is useless.

ArchAngel

Arcane
i have a lvl 91 magic finder in legacy https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Saltygames/characters

SteppedOnANail, Chieftan

RF (for dmg boost), elemental overload, Scorching ray CWC firestorm. Clever as fuck. OP. Highly survivable.

Not that expensive either. Hell, you can do it with a tabula
Self cast spells lke Scorching Ray or Flameblast are not things I like. When I need to stand on one spot longer than 1s I don't like. Unless I am using a bow skill and firing at edge of screen or beyond.

Jason Liang

Arcane
I started legacy with a scion. She has some niches but the only beta buff that's exciting is +1 elemental for elementalist. Slayer ascendancy is still her best feature. Heirophant ascendancy is a complete trap; being forced to socket totems in your helm is terrible since it prevents you from getting good use of great helms like Alpha's Howl, Heretic's Veil, a summoner helm, etc...

She was also a mediocre ES character. She's best off as a life character, since her best routes off Scion island are the equatorial routes (east between shadow and ranger and west between templar and marauder). Heading north to witch for ES nodes or south to duelist gimps her.

She has cheap access to a lot of jewel slots so that's one reason elemental summoner is kind of interesting with her.

I would try her again as life instead of ES, but it would take 50+ regrets to respec her so I'll just wait for a free respec.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom