Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Patch 1.22 of NWN2 is truly amazing

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
How is Subtlety of Thay, by the way?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Jaime Lannister said:

I enjoyed it (Parts 1 and 2).

There is A LOT of alignment points when talking, so watch out if you are playing a Bard or other alignment based characters.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Jaime Lannister said:

It's good, really. And it features some difficult combat. Really difficult combat, if you start at level 3-5 as recommended that is.
And yes it is still RTwP, but that doesn't make it easier.
I suggest you start at level 3 only with a high BAB class, otherwise you should rather start at 5. If you play a caster you might even consider starting at level 6. The story, quests etc are pretty good. Unfortunately the story is not finished, and Chapter 3 won't be there soon i guess.

Multi-headed Cow

racofer said:
Wyrmlord said:
The whole point of <s>NWN2</s> NWN and expansions is for going to NWVault and downloading modules.

Only NWN is doing this since 2002, with much better modules and a game engine that doesn't require OMGZ OCT CORE (although it only uses ONE FUCKING CORE), GEFAUCET X36FOUR, 8 GAIA BULLETS OF RRRAMMM... to look marginally better than the original game which requires a computer from 7 years ago to be playable. Not to mention the fucking awful camera system and BUTCHERED multiplayer support.

YAY OBSIDIAN FO IMPROVIN BIOWHORE'S SHIT, AMIRITE?!
Pretty much. NWN2 was a step backward in almost every way.

AlaCarcuss

Arbiter
I promised myself I won't play MotB until I finished the OC, mainly because I'd like to carry my character over (is this really the best way to start MotB?).

It's taken me 2 years so far to get about half-way, I just get so bored with it so quickly. I'll have another crack with this new patch, though I'm sure it's not going to make it more interesting.

Pastel

Scholar
AlaCarcuss said:
I promised myself I won't play MotB until I finished the OC, mainly because I'd like to carry my character over (is this really the best way to start MotB?).
:|
No, it's not.
Also, why the fuck would you force yourself to play a long shitty game just to have a minor advantage in another game which is easy enough as it is.

AlaCarcuss

Arbiter
Pastel said:
AlaCarcuss said:
:|
No, it's not.
Also, why the fuck would you force yourself to play a long shitty game just to have a minor advantage in another game which is easy enough as it is.

Well, I'm not really forcing myself, I just like to do things in their natural order. Also, I know if I go straight to MotB I'l never go back to the OC - but then, that's probably not a bad thing.

Ok, you've convinced me - I'll go play MotB instead, fuck the OC. Woha, what an incredible sence of relief just washed over me :D

Multi-headed Cow

You terrible liar. It doesn't give access to SoZ races or classes. I have been tricked into starting this terrible game once more and I'm not happy about it.

Neat! I'll try this tomorrow when I get home. I don't much like NWN 2 but I did pay money for it and would like to try and get some enjoyment out of the piece of crap.

Wyrmlord

Arcane

Multi-headed Cow

Most of my ill-will comes from NWN2 itself, but thanks for the links. Might check those out anyway.

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
I played NW2 OC and am still alive, it wasnt that bad. It was just quite plain.

The Wizard

Educated
ok, i just downloaded it, loaded a save, in a dialogue with kaelyn i got graphic glitches and after about 20 minutes the game crashes for the first time in MONTHS. great work, assholes. :x

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
The Wizard said:
ok, i just downloaded it, loaded a save, in a dialogue with kaelyn i got graphic glitches and after about 20 minutes the game crashes for the first time in MONTHS. great work, assholes. :x

Is your video card overheating?

The Wizard

Educated
nope, checked just now, gpu is at 50°c. thanks for remindig me, you can never know what this wacky engine will do next.

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
NW2 has the worst optimized engine ever. How can a game that old be that demanding otherwise.

SHIT

sirfink

Scholar
skyway said:
Patch 1.22 of NWN2 is truly amazing
Unless it fixes incredibly shitty campaign and makes it at least interesting to play - the patch is still useless.

That will never happen because it would mean they'd be admitting the campaign had something wrong with it that needed to be fixed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom