Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Patch 1.03 out. It does things.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
http://thewitcher.com/news/view/1038 (note: it doesn't work, for me)

reddit said:
  • Improves stability in gameplay and the UI
  • Improves performance especially in cutscenes and gameplay
  • Fixes grass and foliage popping that could occur after density parameters were changed
  • Improves Nvidia Hairworks performance
  • Boosted texture anisotropy sampling to 16x on Ultra preset
  • Sharpen Post-process settings extended from Off/On to Off/Low/High
  • Blood particles will now properly appear after killing enemies on the water
  • Corrects a bug where player was able to shoot bolts at friendly NPCs
  • Improves menu handling
  • Corrects an issue with Stamina regeneration while sprinting
  • Fixes a cursor lock issue that sometimes occcured when scrolling the map
  • Generally improves world map focus
  • Improves input responsiveness when using keyboard
  • Corrects some missing translations in the UI
  • Corrects an issue in dialogue selections
  • Rostan Muggs is back
  • Minor SFX improvements

Beowulf

Arcane
Well, there is blood on the water now.
Hairworks performance didn't seem to change much, at least for Geralt, will need to test more.

Game needs now some more polish, some certain bug-fixes and a skilled modder to improve grass textures and I won't have much things to complain about.

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Crashes in inventory seem to be fixed, which was the biggest annoyance for me.

Zeronet

Learned
I think the hairworks changes are for mostly for us poor folk with AMD R9s.

Sodafish

Arcane
The 1.04 patch has problems of breaking quest XP, more crashes etc. People should avoid it.

I had to reinstall the game to roll back to 1.03.

Echo Mirage

Arcane
The 1.04 patch has problems of breaking quest XP, more crashes etc. People should avoid it.

I had to reinstall the game to roll back to 1.03.

Was it the 1.04 patch that broke the XP gain for quests?

Reading the official forums people are saying that its been in the game from the start with "The pyres of novigrad" being the possible trigger. But there is no straight answer. Eitherway there will be a patch on Monday for it.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Yeah nobody knows anything with regards to the XP bug. The CDPR dude on the forum said it's not gamebreaking and I can confirm that. I kept playing and even though you lose a few levels eventually you start getting XP again. Probably some overleveling safeguard gone wild.

Sodafish

Arcane
OK then. I've been largely avoiding the forums so as not to get spoiled. What about the crashing? After installing 1.04 I got a black screen crash requiring a hard reboot within 30 seconds after starting play. Had played for hours on 1.03 with no crashes at all.

Vibalist

Arcane
Anyone else experiencing a glitch where potions don't refill after meditating?

It started happening after a drowner interrupted my meditation, and now it happens whenever I meditate, accompanied by the message "you cannot do that now". It even happens when I load an earlier save.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
Anyone else experiencing a glitch where potions don't refill after meditating?

It started happening after a drowner interrupted my meditation, and now it happens whenever I meditate, accompanied by the message "you cannot do that now". It even happens when I load an earlier save.
Might be a dumb question, but are you sure you have alcohol in your inventory?

Sodafish

Arcane
They said 1.05 would be out today, those lying potatoes. I'm holding off playing the game waiting for the XP fix dagnabbit.

Echo Mirage

Arcane
The community manager said they would have the XP fix by Monday. But since 1.05 was coming soon after so they would likely bundle the two together making it sometime midweek.

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
:x Bastards! The thought that I'm missing tons of xp is killing me, still can't stop playing.

Sodafish

Arcane
Still no fucking patch :x

Those lickspittles on the CDPR forums are still making excuses for them too.

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/119/

I installed this mod and it seems to work like a charm. Note that this effectively sets the level of all quests to 68 so you'll also get XP for "grey" quests (i.e. the ones that are originally much lower level than you) - so you might end up with more XP than intended (which I'd still consider better than missing out on quest XP altogether due to the XP bug).

Sodafish

Arcane
Modders will fix it indeed.

Not sure I want to trust some anon patch tho. No way of knowing whether it will bork something critical down the line.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Lol I was deciding last Friday whether to have a break for the weekend and wait for the "Monday" patch or keep playing. Good thing I stuck with the game, that would've been one long fucking weekend :D

Btw what Momot said about the giltch not being that big a deal in the long run is completely true. You WILL get XP for most of the quests, you'll just miss out on some. Plus at no point I thought I'm underleveled for the main quest, more like the opposite. On Deathmarch the first quarter of the game is hellish, the second nicely challenging and the last two mostly a faceroll.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom