Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Passageway of the Ancients is an upcoming RTwP fantasy RPG where you play a Dragonborn shapeshifter

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Passageway Games; Passageway of the Ancients

Inspired by classic CRPGs from the late ‘80s and ‘90s, Passageway of the Ancients transports players to the world of Aieryon – the galaxy’s sole remaining magical planet – where they explore the city of Ithgar to solve their parents’ murder. An atmospheric RPG with visceral combat and complex lore, Passageway of the Ancients is being developed by Passageway Games – a three-person studio in Abilene, Texas founded by septuagenarians Jon Grierson and John Hendrick.

Story & Gameplay

In Passageway of the Ancients, you’ll need to not only survive ever deadlier skirmishes but also manage your party, develop and customize your character, pick locks, and solve Runic puzzles. The game’s innovative battle system employs both strategy and real-time combat – taking inspiration from historical weapons and tactics. Furthermore, the player has dual personas – a hidden Dragonkindt and a public-facing race of their choosing (Dwarf, Elf, Human) – which must be leveled up at the same time.

Key Features

Blended Combat System: Use both strategy and real-time elements – drawing on real medieval weapons and tactics.

Dual-Persona Character Development: Develop your character’s two personas simultaneously – the hidden Dragonkindt, and a public-facing race of your choosing.

Powerful Magical Items: Equip items carefully; they affect intelligence, will, and other character attributes.

Complex Decision Trees: Manage battle spoils, solve puzzles, adjust the frequency of special activities, choose interactions, and gather clues.

Fully Customizable Characters: Choose your character’s alternate persona, appearance, and gender as Dwarf, Elf, or Human.​

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
A bit eh about the story premise, but the rest sounds really good. Loving the art style.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
They say 80s/90s but everything about this screams 00s. Like Avernum, Neverwinter Nights, Prelude to Darkness, and Oblivion were mixed together.

Bastardchops

Augur
Patron
How does the blended combat system work? Sounds rich with the possibility of being a dumpster fire.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
The visuals don't look great, but the gameplay might be solid, so who knows? The codex embraced worse-looking games when the core gameplay was excellent.

Fargus

Arcane
Man, another hideous trash with daz3d renders or some other generic crap.

Recommended:
  • Processor: Intel I9 10 core running at 5.20 GHz
  • Memory: 32 GB RAM
  • Graphics: GeForce RTX 3060 with 12 GB of ram or a similar video card
  • Storage: 60 GB available space

:nocountryforshitposters:

Guess it comes with a free bitcoin miner dlc too.

Eirinjas

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
I can live with some jank - I'd give it a go, but they need to tighten up the lighting and shadows. Characters running around without casting shadows looks cheap. At least put a blob shadow under them for fuck sake.

Edit: the bits of the game's OST posted on their YouTube channel is incline.

Last edited:

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
This game reminds me of those games that scammer used to make, where he reused the same demo, changed some of the graphics, renamed it and sold it as 5 different games. IIRC he used very similar sprites with the new ones in Knights of the Chalice 2 (they must come from the same online asset pool).

There was a thread about him. Infinitron probably remembers it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom