Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Paradox is the best company ever :love:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Oh my...:lol: Paradox want to do Maxis: http://www.incgamers.com/2015/03/paradox-to-release-life-sim-and-take-on-the-sims-next-year

Paradox to release life sim and take on The Sims next year?

Cities: Skylines has trumped the SimCity series and they may be eyeing Sims gamers.

Paradox seemed surprised at the success of Cities: Skylines for some some reason, they really had little to worry about. Now that city building fans have seen what can be done, the question of whether they would tackle a “life sim” and take on the Sims franchise has been raised.

Confidence appears to be high at Paradox because they may be looking to move release a Sims style game in the future. Paradox. VP of Acquisition Shams Jorjani commented on what could possibly be on cards.

“We first talked about taking on the City builder genre 4 years ago.

“We, rightly so, came to the insight that it’s not something one does in one bold stroke. It’s like knocking over a refrigerator – you have to rock it back and forth a few times and then you push it over. It takes time, patience and preparation.

“The Life Sim genre is a very, very big fridge. But it’s sure one we’d like to knock over. Keep an eye out for our 2016 releases for the first push.”

The comments do indicate that something could already in development.

Paradox are doing very well at the moment not only with the success of Cities: Skylines but also publishing Obsidian’s Pillars of Eternity. Both titles are currently sitting at the top of the Steam charts which will be a real boost to Paradox.

Delterius

Arcane
I am looking forward to a Sims game with that paradox touch. Killing people with walls and starvation is all well and good, but some good unfortunate accidents ckii style should be great.

Besides, kicking nu maxis ass should be easy enough.

rezaf

Cipher
I always thought the type of life simulator they should make would be a corporate life simulator.
Basically, current day Crusader Kings.

You manage a family clan from the "upper 1%". Despite average stats, everything just falls into place due to all the old money in your "dynasty". Your oldest son has the "Imbecile" trait, but you manage to get him installed in a fortune 500 company because someone from the Golf club owed you a favor. Your daughter drives intoxicated and runs over some child and you have to invest a couple of days worth of income to shut the victim's family up.
Your youngest sun isn't much smarter than your oldest and an alcoholic on top, but you took on a bet with some guy at a dinner party you'd get him to be elected US president, and you never lose a bet dammit!

Could be brilliant social commentary, and just think of the inevitable mod bringing in the names of the real people...

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
They really, really destroyed Crusader Kings: 2 with that Charlemagne DLC. I mean the game was running close to fine before they let out that pool of bugs, lags, and CTD's. Rajas of India was a stupid DLC from the start, and I heard it really made the game run slower. Just, it never really affected my games too much. The Charlemagne DLC was unplayable.

Soph

Educated
I lost interest in CK2 after Raja's and Charlemagne, would've wanted them to flesh out other parts of the game. The way of life expansion was also highly convoluted and didn't really seem to add anything to the game other than bugging things up with mass seducers.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Yeah and old accounts don't work. You have to jump through hoops to create a new fancy Paradox account and then somehow merge it with your old forum account to get access to modder forums and so on.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Yeah and old accounts don't work. You have to jump through hoops to create a new fancy Paradox account and then somehow merge it with your old forum account to get access to modder forums and so on.
Annoying. Why can't they just have you log in with your Facebook account like any other modern website?
:neveraskedforthis:

942b4e41ca6a21cae04c5d8759342152.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom